The Nostalgia Thread

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
Maybe I'm just getting old, but I've been so nostalgic lately... thinking about stuff that made me happy in the past. I thought it would be fun to share them here..... whether it's a song or a television show or just anything!

My favorite times were the 80s and 90s. I remember looking forward to Saturday morning cartoons... and playing the very first Nintendo game console. (the one where you gotta wingle and blow on the disk just to make it work)

Sighh.. memories!!!!!

judyp

sarNie Adult
oh yeah. i remember those days playing nintendo. heck, i can't find someone to play with me nowadays. im a nintendo girl. i don't do the newer games. haha. i don't know if it was just my fam but when our games didn't work, we'd refrigerate it and then ta-da. haha. oh how fast we grow up.

ChenrukNote

Goddess
Ahhh I remember the Saturday morning cartoons. My favorite shows were The Weekenders and Recess. I absolutely love Recess lol.

judyp

sarNie Adult
i forgot to mention how my bros/sis would wake up to watch barney, lamb chop's play along, reading rainbow, mr. roger's neighborhood. aww how i miss those shows. it was sad that when we got older, we hated barney because other kids would laugh at us when we watched it. so we went along with the whole, 'who shot barney' thing. :loool:
i remember discovering teletubies. omg. now that im older, what a creepy show. hahah.
and power rangers. that was the show! then it got lame because the original characters were replaced.

lady0fdarkness

Po is a girl.. and the youngest of the bunch. My daughter watches them everyday. :) I love barney and teletubbies!

ChenrukNote

Goddess
Haha thanks ladyofdarkness. I really never knew that Po is a girl because she likes to ride scooters but hates wearing a skirt so yeah.

itS aNn

sarNie Juvenile
speaking of shows back in the days, Bananas in Pajamas, I use to always watch it, I think it was after Sailor moon, now that I think of it, I don't remember the whole purpose of that show. Also I never understood why people hated Barney...he was awesome. Feeling nostalgic is normal at any age, well thats how I see it, don't worry you're not getting old. ^_^

lady0fdarkness

^^ I agree.... Sometimes when I show my daughter "barney" via youtube, I saw a lot of mean and nasty comments about the purple dinosaur. The guy is so sweet and helpful; he also teaches kids many useful skills to become adults. I guess people just don't like anytjing pleasant these days.. they'd rather watch rasppers rap about how they want to smack somebody's ass.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
One of my fav. moment was when I was about 5 or 6 and lived in Ft. Smith, Arkansas. I lived in this nice generic suburban neighborhood (you know with the white picket fences and manicured bushes) and we had this big backyard. My parents like to garden so we had this beautiful garden, one side was food stuff, you know, cucumbers, peppers, melons, etc. and another side was flowers.
My dad had built a little stream going through it with a little pond, it was all under this group of cherry blossoms (I think they were cherry blossoms) and around the area were slate rocks. I loved hanging out there, especially during spring when all the blossoms are in full bloom and it looks like it's raining little reds, pinks, whites and lavendar flowers when the wind blew.

I also miss hanging out on the beach with my friends (this was in Rockport, TX) late at night, either after a long hard soccer practice or game or a long day at work.

lady0fdarkness

^^ Sounds like a nice memory...

Sigh.. I wish I could just go back in time where I was a little girl living under the loving care of my Mom. She made everything good again for me. Now I'm an adult worrying about tomorrow.

solin

sarNie Adult
You closed your eyes and when you wak up your are already an adult...life pass so fast !

I sometimes miss old days when life was so easy...now everything is so complicated.
I used to play with my grand brother and now he just moved and my mother's heath become so fragile.
each time, the scent of Chanel 5 brings me back to my childhood when my mother used to use this perfum (she changed for Dior now) and remainds me how happy I used to be...It's not that today I'm not, but It's different since I can see how difficult the real life is.

lady0fdarkness

You closed your eyes and when you wak up your are already an adult...life pass so fast !

I sometimes miss old days when life was so easy...now everything is so complicated.
I used to play with my grand brother and now he just moved and my mother's heath become so fragile.
each time, the scent of Chanel 5 brings me back to my childhood when my mother used to use this perfum (she changed for Dior now) and remainds me how happy I used to be...It's not that today I'm not, but It's different since I can see how difficult the real life is.
A tear formed in my eyes as I read this.

ijohn

sarNie Adult
...i remember so long ago when the only sound was of children playing outside and cable tv was only for the rich so us kids only had each other of coarse there were the flintstones when it rained at 4pm and my mother was always in the kitchen doing chores,,, we only could afford a 19" B/W tv and static filled the screen so to the outside we ran to breathe in life as it stole our age with so much memories spent with real people... so was the days when a poor child had everything in life... i was so rich from just living without technology,,, now i'm by myself cold beer in a fridge deciding what computer to use(i have 4) or what tv to watch(i have 5)500 plus satellite channels... life was good when i had no worries accept being teased at school cos i was poor but today i know i would gladly turn back the hands of time to find one day of happiness and less complication and responsibility---lol---so life goes and i grow old and remember yesterday and how rich i was when i had nothing and all the time of summer to be with friends... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm life sucks when it becomes routine... i need a vacation---lol

ghostwriter. :lmao: oh and the michelle kwan days. i used to be stuck to my tv watching for her. back then, i didn't know about tv guide/listings. :D

lady0fdarkness

I remember looking forward to Christmas, when Momma decorated the house with beautiful christmas lights. Our house was filled with joyous christmas songs and laughter... and Santa would come deliver his presents. Ofcourse we kids knew that Santa was uncle Park from next door, but we didn't give a care.

Oh how I miss that...

*tears*

Liberty

sarNie Adult
I remember climbing trees. For some reason I liked being in high places, I fell out of trees a lot too lol but thankfully never broke anything.
My grandparents backyard had this woodsy area just pass their property, it was mostly old trees, lots of vines and the ground was covered in dead leaves. Between the woodsy area and the street there was a small creek. I use to run through that area pretending on was on a treasure hunt like Indiana Jones. :lol: My grandparents neighbor had this huge tree in their backyard, I mean this thing was huge and it's trunks were so big and long that some parts of it touched the ground. It looked like something out of a fairy tale or peter pan book and since I loved climbing trees back then, it was a heaven for me. I'd climb to the very top and just sit there looking down at everything. It was my own magical place.

judyp

sarNie Adult
aww. ijohn, your story nearly made me cry. it reminds me of an essay my sister wrote a couple years back when she first started college. it was so heartfelt that it made me cry.

-edit-