Trust, Insecurities?

sirena

sarNie Adult
it seem like sum other ppl at the sametime with me is having relationship problem also

hunny, everybody is insecure once in a while, but dnt let the trust get to ur head

right now u might feel like hes ur husban and u believe him cuz hes ur hubby, u can only speak good of him, but like u said ur self, u dnt noe the future of wat will happen u cant say it wont happen

thats where the communication comes in and both of u sit down and really have a convasation

love is a beautiful thing, but it can kill

talk to him get things really straighten out

once it over,things cleared out, forget abt it and move on, live happily with him :)

theres nothing wrong with trusting him, or any1 at all, but just dnt let it get to ur head thinknig hes perfect

mesmerize over his halo, but didnt see his horn... remember that hun

i myself, happen to be a victim of a cheater, my bf and i just broke up 3 days ago becuz i found out he waz cheating with one of really close friends

it just kills me, he told me over and over he would never hurt me

i cared for him

trusted him

charish him

and love him

but hes goes and crush me to bits

being with him waz just soo fun and carefree, but now i feel empty......

i just dnt noe anymore......i love him...i really do............

just becareful hun, i dnt wanna see u go through the way iam right now

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
it seem like sum other ppl at the sametime with me is having relationship problem also

hunny, everybody is insecure once in a while, but dnt let the trust get to ur head

right now u might feel like hes ur husban and u believe him cuz hes ur hubby, u can only speak good of him, but like u said ur self, u dnt noe the future of wat will happen u cant say it wont happen

thats where the communication comes in and both of u sit down and really have a convasation

love is a beautiful thing, but it can kill

talk to him get things really straighten out

once it over,things cleared out, forget abt it and move on, live happily with him :)

theres nothing wrong with trusting him, or any1 at all, but just dnt let it get to ur head thinknig hes perfect

mesmerize over his halo, but didnt see his horn... remember that hun
i myself, happen to be a victim of a cheater, my bf and i just broke up 3 days ago becuz i found out he waz cheating with one of really close friends

it just kills me, he told me over and over he would never hurt me

i cared for him

trusted him

charish him

and love him

but hes goes and crush me to bits

being with him waz just soo fun and carefree, but now i feel empty......

i just dnt noe anymore......i love him...i really do............
just becareful hun, i dnt wanna see u go through the way iam right now

awwww hugs it's ok girl. It's not like I let it get to my head, but I know better. I know how he is and if he was going to cheat he has plenty of opportunities to do it. He knows how I am and how many times I've been hurt in relationships and how hard it was for me to get through some things he was there for everything. So it'll make hims o big of a bastard to step on those wounds again. I've told him out front. If you feel for any second at all that you don't want to be with me anymore and that you are feeling another girl let me know so we can break it off that way you don't become a cheater. He's like ok. His problem is he'd never leave me because he's the type of guys no girls can stand being with. I can because I have the patience that is needed to be with someone like him. The trust isn't all in my head I don't know I guess I've just never really wanted to get in someones way if they wanted to leave. I'm not going to hold them back. I talk to him about almost everything the things I don't talk to him about are things I can't confirm so it'll make me look stupid "I heard about this and this, but I have no proof" it'll just seem like I'm accusing him yano. bleh Iono it's just complicated sometimes.

and thanks for the response :p

sirena

sarNie Adult
awwww hugs it's ok girl. It's not like I let it get to my head, but I know better. I know how he is and if he was going to cheat he has plenty of opportunities to do it. He knows how I am and how many times I've been hurt in relationships and how hard it was for me to get through some things he was there for everything. So it'll make hims o big of a bastard to step on those wounds again. I've told him out front. If you feel for any second at all that you don't want to be with me anymore and that you are feeling another girl let me know so we can break it off that way you don't become a cheater. He's like ok. His problem is he'd never leave me because he's the type of guys no girls can stand being with. I can because I have the patience that is needed to be with someone like him. The trust isn't all in my head I don't know I guess I've just never really wanted to get in someones way if they wanted to leave. I'm not going to hold them back. I talk to him about almost everything the things I don't talk to him about are things I can't confirm so it'll make me look stupid "I heard about this and this, but I have no proof" it'll just seem like I'm accusing him yano. bleh Iono it's just complicated sometimes.

and thanks for the response :p

thats good :) im glad u told him straight out and gt everything cleared i hope both of u have a wondeful marriage :) u have my blessing..

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
muahaha. thanks girl :p I hope we do too? LOL I don't doubt it, but eh I mean how many marriages do you hear at my age that actually works out? LOL but I gave it a try; I really did and do try;

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Since September at 2007; I'm turning 20 this year and he's turning 22 this year ^.O; so we got married at 19 and 20

sirena

sarNie Adult
Since September at 2007; I'm turning 20 this year and he's turning 22 this year ^.O; so we got married at 19 and 20

wow u guys r young! but yea give it ur best try ur heardest! :) baby news yet? ;) lol

u noe, i thought sumday i could of married like everyone els too but now it not gonna happen

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
aww girl you will but with the right guy. lol baby news >.O I think a bunch of sarNies would jump me if I said yes hahaah for ex. grandpa; LOL

Liberty

sarNie Adult
*whew* Not as long as some posts I've read. :p

Okay, here's what I have say.

First off, I don't think you're insecure about your relationship with your husband, I think it's more of your friends getting into your head. If they're not married they won't know what it's like to be in your shoes. Your friends shouldn't be doing that to you in the first place, they should be someone you can talk to and give advice but not feed your mind with all sorts of nonesense.

I've met all of my bf's online as well, well except one. :) I met my current boyfriend on AsianAvenue and we've been together for about 4 years now so don't buy into the whole thing that online relationships don't work. It doesn't matter where or how you met your significant other, whether things work out in the end has to do with the two of you and how much you guys are willing to work at it.

I think that your way of thinking and handling a relationship, especially a marriage is very realitic and healthy.
Every relationship needs trust in order to work and make things last. Like you said, you trust him and you don't think he'd cheat but at the same time you know that you can't control his actions, you and him are still two separate people, you can't know for sure if he'll ever cheat on your or if the marriage will last forever. The only thing you can do is live in the here and now, enjoy the marriage the way it is now and deal with things as they come. A marriage will last as long as both partners are will to keep working at it. Like you said, you're can't predict the future so you can't say for sure it'll last forever but like most people, I'm sure you hope it'll be that way. :)

I wouldn't worry about it too much. You guys seems like a stable couple, if you two have a good relationship, one that is based on openness, communication and trust, you guys will be fine. Don't let people outside your marriage interfere too much, when it all comes down to it it's all about you and your husband and anything that happens happens to the two of you and effects the two of you not your friends (that's why they find it so easy to critize because it doesn't really effect their lives).

Oh, you'll never know everything about your significant other (maybe a lot but not everything), that's part of the fun especially when you're married, it keeps things interesting. People are constantly growing and changing over time, some couples grow in different directions and grow apart. Other couples grow together and that gradually makes their bond stronger.

My advice is to trust him because you really don't have any reason to not trust him except what has been told to you by other people.
When you start getting real tangible reasons to not trust him then you would have something to worry about.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
*whew* Not as long as some posts I've read. :p

Okay, here's what I have say.

First off, I don't think you're insecure about your relationship with your husband, I think it's more of your friends getting into your head. If they're not married they won't know what it's like to be in your shoes. Your friends shouldn't be doing that to you in the first place, they should be someone you can talk to and give advice but not feed your mind with all sorts of nonesense.

I've met all of my bf's online as well, well except one. :) I met my current boyfriend on AsianAvenue and we've been together for about 4 years now so don't buy into the whole thing that online relationships don't work. It doesn't matter where or how you met your significant other, whether things work out in the end has to do with the two of you and how much you guys are willing to work at it.

I think that your way of thinking and handling a relationship, especially a marriage is very realitic and healthy.
Every relationship needs trust in order to work and make things last. Like you said, you trust him and you don't think he'd cheat but at the same time you know that you can't control his actions, you and him are still two separate people, you can't know for sure if he'll ever cheat on your or if the marriage will last forever. The only thing you can do is live in the here and now, enjoy the marriage the way it is now and deal with things as they come. A marriage will last as long as both partners are will to keep working at it. Like you said, you're can't predict the future so you can't say for sure it'll last forever but like most people, I'm sure you hope it'll be that way. :)

I wouldn't worry about it too much. You guys seems like a stable couple, if you two have a good relationship, one that is based on openness, communication and trust, you guys will be fine. Don't let people outside your marriage interfere too much, when it all comes down to it it's all about you and your husband and anything that happens happens to the two of you and effects the two of you not your friends (that's why they find it so easy to critize because it doesn't really effect their lives).

Oh, you'll never know everything about your significant other (maybe a lot but not everything), that's part of the fun especially when you're married, it keeps things interesting. People are constantly growing and changing over time, some couples grow in different directions and grow apart. Other couples grow together and that gradually makes their bond stronger.

My advice is to trust him because you really don't have any reason to not trust him except what has been told to you by other people.
When you start getting real tangible reasons to not trust him then you would have something to worry about.

Thanks girl; I agrees with lot's of things you say bleh honestly I don't even know why I say some of the things I say. It doesn't make much sense to myself I guess. It doesn't make sense to myself because regardless of how much I say I trust him and stuff I guess it bugged me when I started asking myself, "are they right?" I guess a lot of my friends are skeptical that he's taking it serious. Skeptical because out of all the relationships they've known me to be in. Not One ended up with infidelity. Also because he is some guy I met online so to them it's like how serious can it be? The thing that bothers me most about this is.. sadly I'm losing lots of friends. I don't know if it's healthy to lose friends over a "guy" at the same time that "guy" is my husband. I guess I made the choice to have that be a risk when I decided to marry him? I feel bad for dropping friendships that lasted well over 5-9 years because they can't tolerate my husband, but at the same time I feel it's not my fault. I guess what I'm really seeking for right now or with this whole topic in the first place is for someone to tell me that I made the right decision. I tried my best to stay neutral and I guess it's wrong of me to seek approval for my actions, but it weighs so heavily on me >.O. Honestly I don't even know why it affects them so much. I've asked them repeatedly, "why is it that it bothers you guys so much?" and I can never get a straight answer. Now a days my friends circle is narrowing. >.O Should I care that it is? If those friendship didn't span a over a large amount of time I wouldn't give a rat's arse, but they do. I seriously don't know if I made the right decision to lose friends over "trusting my husband to much" I want to say my friends were being ridiculous, but at the same time I've always been told, "always listen to the people around you, sometimes they see something you don't" I understand if he has given me a reason to doubt in his treatment of me, but this is NEVER :huh:

it sounds like a difficult situation, girl! my hugs to ya!

whether you've made the right decision or not does not matter. what matters is you're the type of person to handle any outcome, girl. know what i mean. whatever happens, you're the type to learn from it. sure. it's great listening to other people, but they, too, are not perfect. no one is. what separates the people we admire & look to for guidance to the pessimistic, insecure and clueless is the ability to handle any situation that comes their way & make the best of it.

so for now, you & the hubby are cool. I think, right? be happy w/ it, & don't worry. the first sign of sh*t, then you worry and do something about it. there's no use wasting your happy energy on negativity right now. you got to study!

as for your friends' advice, just keep them in mind, but try not to let it go to your heart. sometimes they're just saying stuff, b/c they're worried. they're not perfect & sometimes just don't know any better. there once was this dude we were cheering on for our best friend, but he turned out to be a cheater! so ugh... & the dude we didn't approve of turned out to be loyal. ^_^ heh. we still question her guy choices though regardless. ;)

i don't know, but sometimes when i feel i'm being criticized by those i love, i tend to push them away. so it helps not to take what they say or do as criticism, & just a sign of love & care.

as for online relationships, i know a couple who just wrote letters & sent each other pictures via the old mail route. they met. they got married. :huh: they're still good.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
Aww *hugs* dear.
You're in a tough situation but honestly, your friends shouldn't be making you choose like this.
He's not just "some" guy, he's your husband. Obviously your relationship with him must be serious otherwise you guys wouldn't have gotten married.
Marriage isn't something to be taken lightly, it's not as easy as just breaking up, there are legal matters to deal with if you guys do decide to separate one day and it's even tougher if some day there are children involve.
If your friends are as young as you are they're probably in the mentality of not taking your marriage seriously, maybe it hasn't sunk into them that you really are married and this is serious.

If he were just a guy you've been dating I'd say listen to your friends but the fact that you're married makes him more than just "some" guy.
He's your husband, he's your family now and your friends need to learn to deal with that. Good friends wouldn't make you choose between them and your husband or abandon you if you choose your husband. Maybe try sitting down to talk to them and try to get them to understand that he is a part of your life now, he's your family now whether they like it or not. If they really love and care for you they wouldn't abandon you and at least try to tolerate your husband. They don't have to like him but they shouldn't burden you with 'he says' 'she says' nonesense that they have no proof of.

I have two best friends, one I've known since the 1st grade and the other since 5th grade, so each well over 10 years, pretty much almost all of my life.
One got married fairly young and she married her first love, she doesn't trust him so I didn't agree with her when she wanted to marry him because I didn't see why they should rush into it. The other one is pretty much married, not legally (not until next year), they've been together since high school and he's the only guy she's ever loved and been with. Truthfully, they've had all sorts of issues and broke up before getting back together and I thought she should have given other guys a chance but now she has two kids with him and feels it's too late. She would've gone to a great college if she hadn't gotten back with him and I was disappointed with her but I would never abandon them, it's their life, they can choose to live it however they want even if I don't agree with it, it's their mistake to make and learn from. It's my job as their best friend to always stick by them and be their should to cry on (I would never say 'I told you so' or anything like that) or someone they can talk to and not be judge.
Listen to your friends but don't put too much thought into it unless there's proof to back it up. Sometimes friends who mean well, don't always give the best advice and can accidently poison a perfectly good relationship based on 'speculations'. Tell your friends that if they love you to cool it with all the accusations because it's only hurting you, not helping you. If they want to be a good friend and help, they can keep quiet until the have actual proof to show you. I'm not saying their bad friends because I have friends who are like that too, it's just a personality thing. Some people have a better approach to dealing with situations like this than others.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
7270 and Liberty *hugs*

Thanks dears. I think I'm just going to let things play out as they are. If my friends really cared about me they wouldn't put me in such a difficult situation. Sadly it took all of this and this post to realize that. I guess in a way I understand them and many other people who doubts this marriage. We did get married at a very young age in a time where divorce's are a fashion :D. I asked my friends today earlier what it is that they have against my husband. Their response made me so angry. Their response was, "we just don't find you two compatible, he's the first guy that you've dated that is full Cambodian, he also dropped out of college to join the marines. This isn't the kind of guy that suits you." Bleh then what kind of guy suits me? Bleh I don't know I notice that through the years I've been falling out of place with my friends more and more. Our opinions don't match, We just disagree about everything. For some reason I'm starting to think this whole thing with my friends isn't my husband. I started feeling like its more than just my husband recently or today actually. Theres a few of my friends the ones I still hang out with on a regular basis that doesn't give me any problems at all. They get along well with him. It's sad that I've only known them 3-4 years compared to friends I've had for 8-10 years. Maybe I really do need to admit that my friends are no longer on the same wavelength? Regardless of the reason I'm not going to leave my husband because my friends can't accept him. I'm not going to ruin a perfectly good marriage to satisfy my friends. They are my friends I guess, but at the same time they decided to put that at risk when they decided to put me in such a stressful situation. My husband told me, "real friends don't put friends in a situation that will stress them out." I guess amount of time is nothing? Just because you've known someone for 10 years doesn't mean that they will know you at all? This whole situation is complicated I guess. Complicated because I really don't want to admit that my friends are going to be just people I knew. Complicated because I'll have to live with the fact that I lost friends over a guy. Either way no regrets right? >.O

And thanks you two for reading up and helping me with this :p;

darvil

sarNie Adult
This story somehow reminds me of the Shakespeare play Othello.

Here are some of the themes I got from it. One is not to believe everything people say. The other is to understand people's motivations before you accept their words (this one is the most important). Anyway.. there are more you can get from it but this is probably the most important one to you.

Ever seen/read Othello? Give it a try ;)

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member

Here are some of the themes I got from it. One is not to believe everything people say. The other is to understand people's motivations before you accept their words (this one is the most important). Anyway.. there are more you can get from it but this is probably the most important one to you.

Bleh I prefer Hamlet over Othello >.O but what if there is no real motivations behind their words?! LOL

lol darv reminds you of shakespeare? it reminds me of a lakorn for some reason
a lakorn? >.O except in lakorns when you lose friends in the end they come back :(; in real life they don't sigh.

marduk

Sarnie Clown!

So according to Darv, Tina might end up doing something bad to her husband if she listen to all those Iagos out there. I think her husband should invest in some good ole fashion crotch lock...you know, the kind girls used to have to wear to protect their chastity. He'll feel safer at night.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
omg; LOL I'm not that kind of person? If I thought my feelings were changing I'd totally let him go before I make a mistake like that; I've been through the whole deception being done wrong crap and I know the feeling I can't put someone else through it >.O. lmao crotch lock,