typical asian height

MzLovely

sarNie Hatchling
I'm 5'3, wish I was like 5'7 or taller. I would like to be tall but I guess I'm cool being 5'3. So all you tall people out there. Show off that height. ;)

champthong

sarNie Hatchling
Wait, is this height thingy only for Laotian people or is it for ALL ASIANS?

Cuz I know that some asian (ethnic) groups are shorter than other Asian (ethnic) groups. For example, I found that Chinese, Japanese, and Korean are taller than other Asian groups, and Lao & Thai are about average height using American standard height measurement.

Thus, most Lao(tian) and Thai that I had encountered and/or observed are around 5'5" to 5'9" on average; however, I know that specific Asian ethnic groups that are really really really short!

One million dollar question: Which country or people is the tallest in the world and why?

You will be surprise!

vonni

sarNie Egg
^i just did a height converter and it came out 5'10

so i was right about the dutch?

champthong

sarNie Hatchling
^i just did a height converter and it came out 5'10

so i was right about the dutch?

hmm...that's weird because as we all know:

1 Inch = 2.54 cm
1 Feet = 30.48 cm
1 Feet = 12 Inch

Thus, 1 centimeter is approximately 0.0328 foot, so 178cm X .0328 = about 5'8".

Maybe I did something wrong, which can very well be, but I'll double check my work later, but it would be nice if someone else can double check my work?

Regarding Dutch you are partially correct! But you have to be more specific...haha

noi

sarNie Hatchling

1 Inch = 2.54 cm
1 Feet = 30.48 cm
1 Feet = 12 Inch

Maybe I did something wrong, which can very well be, but I'll double check my work later, but it would be nice if someone else can double check my work?

Regarding Dutch you are partially correct! But you have to be more specific...haha

hey, i know this is an old post but, i just had to do the calculations...

according to your info, 5'10 would be the correct height.

1 foot = 30.48 cm >>> 30.48cmx5ft= 152.4cm

178cm-152.4cm= 25.6cm (to get inches)

(leftover cm converted to in)
25.6cm/2.54cm= 10.08in

Therefore, he is 5'10!

smileD

sarNie Hatchling
i'm also 4'11 so don't cry lol! i'm short but dammit it's alright ...so i'm telling myself it is. :(

Don't worry about that. I'm shorter than you. I'm 4'10 1/2" and weighs 90 lbs. Dream guy height, has to be taller than me of course. I would say at 5'7''. I don't really want that tall of a man since I'm so short.

marduk

Sarnie Clown!

1 Inch = 2.54 cm
1 Feet = 30.48 cm
1 Feet = 12 Inch

Noi got the calculations correctly and you did too Champ. You just interpreted it wrong. When you multiply 178 cm x .0328 ft/cm, you end up with 5.84 ft. That is probably why you thought it was 5'8''. However, the 0.8 is just the fraction of the feet. So you take that and multiply it by 12 in and you end up with 10.08 in. Thus, he is 5'10''. I know Noi already pointed that out, but I just wanted to see where you went wrong with your calcs. Didn't mean to be facetious. You got everything pretty much right.

Mai_Pania

sarNie Egg
Im 5ft and 3-4 inches!
And Im only 12 years old! hehehe
I'm taller than my mom,
and my two brothers, and almost
tall as my dad and my biggest brother! YAY!

crabby

sarNie Egg
Champ Posted Apr 5 2007, 03:12 AM
Wait, is this height thingy only for Laotian people or is it for ALL ASIANS?

Cuz I know that some asian (ethnic) groups are shorter than other Asian (ethnic)
groups. For example, I found that Chinese, Japanese, and Korean are taller than
other Asian groups, and Lao & Thai are about average height using American standard
height measurement.

Thus, most Lao(tian) and Thai that I had encountered and/or observed are around
5'5" to 5'9" on average; however, I know that specific Asian ethnic groups that are really
really really short!Hmmm....interesting.....mostly chinese, japanese, or korean that I have known pretty
much they are short. But interesting. I'm Lao and I'm 5'7. I guess you can say I came
from a tall family. So, my ideal guy has to be at least around 5'10-6'0 in heights cuz
when I wear heals I don't want to tower over them :D

champthong

sarNie Hatchling
Noi got the calculations correctly and you did too Champ. You just interpreted it wrong. When you multiply 178 cm x .0328 ft/cm, you end up with 5.84 ft. That is probably why you thought it was 5'8''. However, the 0.8 is just the fraction of the feet. So you take that and multiply it by 12 in and you end up with 10.08 in. Thus, he is 5'10''. I know Noi already pointed that out, but I just wanted to see where you went wrong with your calcs. Didn't mean to be facetious. You got everything pretty much right.
haha silly me! It was late at night when I was doing the math and I didn't even finish the entire process haha Thanks for checking the calculations and point out the missing step. I didn't even have time to return to re-check the work, just now. Good catch to all!

NaNaMinMin

sarNie Egg
Me, I'm onl ft!!!!!!!!! :loool: : Sofreakin shorttttttttttt!!!!!!............i wish i would as least be 5'4 but too bad i sto grwwing since seven grade..lol i'm the only shortest one in the family sooooo pissed at my height..ahhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

NaNaMinMin

sarNie Egg
Me, I'm only 5 ft!!!!!!!!! :loool: : Sofreakin shorttttttttttt!!!!!!............i wish i would as least be 5'4 but too bad i sto grwwing since seven grade..lol i'm the only shortest one in the family sooooo pissed at my height..ahhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Kina

Dubsteppin'
Hey I'm 5'7''!!! And I'm the tallest in my family too...for a girl. I am taller than BOTH of my parents. How did that happen??? I'm sure I am not adopted haha!