Updates on Various Couples: Anne, Ken, Chakrit, Chompoo, etc.

Prakaidao

sarNie Adult
Sooo cute!!!! These couples make me want to find a lifelong partner already, but still got a long way to go. So many cute babies this year! Congrats to Lydia and Matthew, she is going to be one cute mommy, and a handsome daddy, lol. ^_^

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
I totally forgot about Jane and Paul's wedding being in January. Congratulations! First couple to tie the knot in 2016.

cr: sanook/ gossipstar/ janesuda

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX7bY_Sp4q8

Prakaidao

sarNie Adult
Congrats to them! Both seem so genuinely happy. Her smile/laughs photos are beautiful. I love the simple dresses, these two are so cute. Glad she didn't go over the top. ^_^

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
All the past brides, including Jane, were beautiful. Chomp's wedding was really over the top. Seemed like it was more about herself than a marriage between two people. I admire those couples who don't release info on their dowry while Chom full blown gave out details on hers. I love the design of Jane's dress and the shoulder high lace. It's so elegant and classy. 

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
lol We have two threads of ET news almost posting the same thing. I kept getting lost on which thread I'm in lol.

Congrats to Puri and Ann, I was so excited for them when I read the news last night. I know they've been trying so hard. There's going to be a lot of births toward the end of the year lol.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
Awe... Congrats to everyone. Almost all the older generation actors are either getting marry or having babies. ☺

D~D

sarNie Adult
Mahalo said:
All the past brides, including Jane, were beautiful. Chomp's wedding was really over the top. Seemed like it was more about herself than a marriage between two people. I admire those couples who don't release info on their dowry while Chom full blown gave out the details for hers. I love the design of Jane's dress and the shoulder high lace. It's so elegant and classy. 

:lol2: Chompoo was just way too much. I feel like it was all about the wedding and not about them. Almost like Chinese actor Huang Xiaoming and Actress Angelababy.

But what can I say, they have $$$$$

picture credit to: Koala's

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
If I ever just become rich one day I'd never spend that much on 1 day for a wedding. I'm way too much of a cheapskate to consider blowing off money like that.

Reactions: D~D

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
This has been the couple and wiwa thread since day one. Lol. Wedding and babies are posted here guys. No break up news though because I like to keep it happy. Lol.

I still make separate threads for various articles I translate because they all get bunched up in the various ET news thread. Some news like Peter and Por's condition need their own threads. This couple's thread I feel can be combined since they share the same theme but other news revolve around separate matters so it's difficult to have a discussion without getting lost.

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
Oh ok lol now I know what to post where lol. I was gnoang for a bit.

My parents said sometime a wedding isn't just about the bride and groom even though it should be lol. I think when it comes to the actual ceremony, it should be about the bride and groom then the reception the parents can invite the whole country lol.

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
Oh yes, definitely. It's about two families. Lol. Like you once said, when two people get married, they're marrying a whole village.

In my culture, we invite the whole community. If you're a popular family, 400 guests usually attend the reception because your father and mother will invite friends and family whose children's wedding they've attended. It's a cycle because we give money as a wedding gift. It's like a favor being $60-$100 per person. There's usually 10 people at a table. So if I attend your family's wedding, you have to attend one of my family's wedding to repay us in return. That money is then used to pay for the wedding reception if enough guests attend. If you don't break even, it's fine because you had a wedding because you can afford it. But some make profits off it and pay off their wedding/ have some left over to begin life as a newly wed. The cycle begins again once the people who attended your wedding have children and grandchildren who are getting married. We have an account book with a list of names of those who attended and how much they gave as a wedding gift. The downside of it though is that strangers attend your wedding because it's not reserved, just a walk-in. Haha. 

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
I think most Asian weddings are like that. Mine had over 400 guests and that was only because I put my foot down. We attended a wedding with over 1000 guests before, 2 story banquet. It was ridiculous but I guess I understand cus the parents were politicians and business owners.

Jacy

sarNie Hatchling
Well for my country every wedding is like a payback... If you ever help the family before(during others wedding, birth, death, etc) they will come to your wedding as a pay.. If you invite a couple, the couple will come with their family.. and not everybody you will recognize but then my parents the one introduce them to me like my long distance cousin, cousin from other state, cousin from grandma side bla bla bla....