where do you guys eat at home

babylakorn

sarNie Egg
at my home we don't usually eat at the dinner table like the americans. i think is a habit but we sit on the floor by the tv in the family room surrounded by a little round short, i don't know what it is call but it looks like a big tray with legs

just wanted to know how you eat with other people, family, friends, gathering

White Lotus

sarNie Elites
at my home we don't usually eat at the dinner table like the americans. i think is a habit but we sit on the floor by the tv in the family room surrounded by a little round short, i don't know what it is call but it looks like a big tray with legs

just wanted to know how you eat with other people, family, friends, gathering
hehehe yeah, my family eat the same way as your family. yeah...that big tray is called "pa kow" or "ka thoke." Ummm...but it really depend on our mood. if i eat alone, i usually eat on the table. If my family is home to eat with me, then we use the pa kow. most of my friend's family eat like us too.
I don't know. I'm just glad that we kept our tradition even though we are in a america.

noungning

Heartless
we eat on the table, unless there is just too many people then we'd eat on the floor, but that's a very slim chance because we don't really get much visitors, if we do we go eat upstairs at my aunt's house lol :D

exp0

sarNie Juvenile
hehehe yeah, my family eat the same way as your family. yeah...that big tray is called "pa kow" or "ka thoke." Ummm...but it really depend on our mood. if i eat alone, i usually eat on the table. If my family is home to eat with me, then we use the pa kow. most of my friend's family eat like us too.
I don't know. I'm just glad that we kept our tradition even though we are in a america.
I do the same. Dont you just hate it when you bring KFC home and your parents make you eat it with sticky rice? it tastes weird.

vonni

sarNie Egg
i guess me family has been westernized now, before we use to eat on the floor but now its always on the table, even when there's a family party it's always on a table now.

noungning

Heartless
I do the same. Dont you just hate it when you bring KFC home and your parents make you eat it with sticky rice? it tastes weird.
omg... good thing my parents don't do that, i love KFC :lol:

julie

sarNie Egg
on a daily basis, i eat in my room on the bed

but if we have visitors, we'll eat on the floor with the lil tablecloth like stuff laid on the floor.. or if its just us family we'll eat in the dining table

vonni

sarNie Egg
on a daily basis, i eat in my room on the bed

but if we have visitors, we'll eat on the floor with the lil tablecloth like stuff laid on the floor.. or if its just us family we'll eat in the dining table
oh really? why's that? i'm always scared of eating on my bed b/c then it would be infested with ants *cringes*

noungning

Heartless
hahaha..call us weird..or whatever..I actually eat KFC.with Papaya Salad :drool:
ahahah i can eat kfc with papaya salad... i just don't eat it with rice... um yeah it's a funny taste with sticky rice, i don't know... maybe it's just me? :unsure:

oh really? why's that? i'm always scared of eating on my bed b/c then it would be infested with ants *cringes*
yeah hahah eating food on the bed in usa is okay... DO NOT eat it in thailand!!! omg the ants/insects will come and they bite realllllyyyyy hard and it hurts and stings for days!!! ahhhh i dunno about australia's ant's, but the ants in thai are those semi brown/red ones omg ... it hurts just thinking about it.

triANGgo

lekie_lucious
hahaha..call us weird..or whatever..I actually eat KFC.with Papaya Salad :drool:
WTH....with Papaya Salad........lmfao..Rofl.........ahhhhhhhhh i should try that next time........

ahahah i can eat kfc with papaya salad... i just don't eat it with rice... um yeah it's a funny taste with sticky rice, i don't know... maybe it's just me? :unsure:

yeah hahah eating food on the bed in usa is okay... DO NOT eat it in thailand!!! omg the ants/insects will come and they bite realllllyyyyy hard and it hurts and stings for days!!! ahhhh i dunno about australia's ant's, but the ants in thai are those semi brown/red ones omg ... it hurts just thinking about it.
omg ur so gay............. it's just u then.. ahaah and omg u eat on bed too?? hahhaha i do that when i come back tired from school @10 but i never get done with the food :)

anyways we as in the family dont eat on the floor anymore, it's was during the good oh times when we use to watch lakorns together... but then my familys too white now, refuse'n to sit on the floor and now on the tables.......... hahah as for me, i still sit and eat on the floor, the reasons cause i'm a lazy ass who can't stand sitting on chairs....hahah this topic is harlarious...............hahahh lmfao

dfemc

sarNie Adult
that was sooo ironic, i saw the question, n i just instantaneously responded that "i eat in my bed" then all of a sudden i read the comment right above, n lek's like "omg u eat in ur bed too??" :lol:

hhahha yeah, i'm a lzy ass, if i don't eat in bed, then i sit out on my balcony bathing in the sun to eat my food or on the lawn outside when it's warm n beautiful. i luv a 1-womyn picnic.

donna

sarNie Adult
thats how we eat my mom house. she has a pa kow that everyone sits around to eat. or she has this lil table that she lays out food on and we put all the dishes on top of that and sit around it. she has a dining room table but the thing is, is that it doesn't get used. haha we just like eating it like in the olden days

i eat any chicken with sticky rice. love it! the rice is like the filler or else i won't get full. tum muk hoong goes with any fried chicken. we always have these 2 together too.

exp0

sarNie Juvenile
Wow... lol, I didn't know my KFC brand would be on most posts let alone tum mak hoong.

I like to eat tum mak hoong with either those fried pork skins or mak ka tin (those leaves that looks like peas, if its ripe, you can peel them and eat them... but your breathe will smell)

iluvnum&oil

sarNie Egg
When i go to my parents house, we always eat on the floor. My parents hate sitting at the table, although they have one in the dining room just for show, hahaa! But when i'm at my house, i always eat at the dining room table or sometimes on the coffee table right in front of the T.V.

Wow... lol, I didn't know my KFC brand would be on most posts let alone tum mak hoong.

I like to eat tum mak hoong with either those fried pork skins or mak ka tin (those leaves that looks like peas, if its ripe, you can peel them and eat them... but your breathe will smell)

OK_na_tur

sarNie Juvenile
i used to eat on the floor with tha pa kow and stuff lyk dat but iono wut happen to it!! lol....since i moved in wit my sister, she onlee lyks sitting on tha chair and eating at tha table!! i get yell at if i eat in my room but i do it nywaies cuz i clean it up nyhow!! i lyk eating lyk on tha floor so den its easier and u could reach tha food better!! haha....i ate sticky rice wit KFC b4 and it taste ugh....juss taste so weird!! but KFC wit som tum is good yo!! :lol:

saobomp

sarNie Adult
yes like some of u guys said; when there's many people visiting or eating then eating on the floor is likely to happen. awww and the best is probably when u eat panh. depending on if ur comfortable or not...

SaoSophab

sarNie Hatchling
I love to eat on the pa kao on the floor with my kids! I'm trying to teach them our traditions and customs because i don't want them to NOT know our culture when they are older. right now, they can't even sit indian style or the proper way a female is supposed to sit at the pa kao or in a WAT, comfortably. lol I know they feel uncomfortable sitting with their legs tucked under them and they move around a lot. but i'm determined to get them used to it. :lol: I like how close we all are, literally, around the pa kao. :)