Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hong Kong

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other Countries

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

dfemc

sarNie Adult
hmm...just curious as to where are all the lao folks out there born? i, myself, was not born here in the states, but came at less than a year old. so i wanted to know if there were others too...because there's such an interesting generational breakdown with many Laotians here in America. share ur thoughts.

~Sandy~

Memories with Oil from his U.S. Tour in Nov 2009!
My parents came to the US in 1980 while my mother was pregnant with me. So i was in the US. But i was raised and taught everything a laotion kid would learn back in Laos/Thailand.

Leila

sarNie Juvenile
I was born in the Phillipines, and moved here right after I was born. I learned Lao from family, they told me that when I was a kid I spoke it so proper and stuff, but now I'm not as good as it. As for learning Thai, I picked it up by knowing Lao, and watching lakorns. I know it sounds really wierd, but I was home sick one day, had nothing to do, so I put in "Prissana," and watched it, and it was amaing because I understood it. So yeah thats my story! LOL!

vilasaeng

sarNie Juvenile
Most parent who move here around the early 80 and late 70 will be more likely to be born in Thailand everyone fleed there..As for me I was born in Thailand then move here when I was threee....

Vanida

Save World Save Life
i was born in thailand :) my parents are from Laos though they can speak alot of language in laos and thailand with different accent i suck at changing accent when talking to another person :lol:

mzd2b

lakornlover said:
I was born and raised in USA. Philly, to be exact. :p
[post="50322"][/post]​

kwel u live in Philly also...I thought I was the only one here who does...which part do u live in???

mzd2b

Vanida said:
i was born in thailand :) my parents are from Laos though they can speak alot of language in laos and thailand with different accent i suck at changing accent when talking to another person :lol:
[post="51595"][/post]​

Hey... my parents are both form laos and I was born in Thailand also...:loool:

Reagan

sarNie Adult
hehe noungning, I meant to say where is australia on the options! cause I am born in australia =), and yes its an island =/ but whats oceana?

GueSs

TyziR
Austrilia is it's own continent.
Oceania is a grouping of
American Samoa
Australia (only Continent but sometimes not included as part of Oceania)
Cook Islands
Fiji
French Polynesia
Guam
Kiribati
Marshall Islands
Micronesia, Federated States of
Midway Islands
Nauru
New Caledonia
New Zealand
Northern Mariana Islands
Palau
Papua New Guinea
Pitcairn Islands
Rapa Nui (Easter Island)
Samoa
Solomon Islands
Tahiti
Tonga
Tuvalu
Vanuatu
Wallis and Futuna

noungning

Heartless
australia can be considered as a part of oceania or its own continent. when i took a quiz with my company... they took both answers...

--------------edit-----------------

here's an answer i got from answers.com:

The islands of the southern, western, and central Pacific Ocean, including Melanesia, Micronesia, and Polynesia. The term is sometimes extended to encompass Australia, New Zealand, and the Malay Archipelago.

Reagan

sarNie Adult
Australia is its own continent,
so many people born in thailand unless non lao people are taking up the poll?