❤️ Various ET News

forgotusername

Miksmouse
Visuals play an important part in dramas. I never watch any drama and movie if the leads aren't good looking. That's why entertainment industry all over the world places huge bet on looks more than anything else.
I rely on it a lot more with asian dramas especially those without much substance and lets be real most lakorns fall into that category.

kjc1994

sarNie Oldmaid
Aww, I actually like Gina. I don’t think she’s gorgeous but she’s not ugly. I actually think she’s cute and pretty. She isn’t a bad actress too. She’s pretty decent for a newbie. I understand why Ch3 is pushing her. She’s young too and a cute looking halfie and I think that’s Ch3’s type.
A lot of their past and present neks are halfies. Anne, Yaya, Kim, Bella, Margie, Mew Lalita, Matt, Patricia etc. I’m not saying halfies are better either but I’m saying I notice that Ch3 loves them.

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
The n'eks and p'eks that get good scripts are the ones that have cfs. These two things go hang in hand. If you're marketable (getting sponsorship, events, and cfs) then the channel will wager that you're worth it. Even if the ratings may look low locally but as for ch3, they know they have an international fan base that'll watch on YouTube.

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
Result? Channel 3 sometimes is a joke when it comes to results. If they based it on that (which result to me is basically ratings) then half of these stars would be out of a job. Some of their lakorns generate so bad in ratings one would think what star power?

If the channel likes you and want to push you then you will get lakorn after lakorn it doesn't matter if your previous lakorns are flops. They don't care because their mind is made up. Now with that kind of shady dealing going on how are the other actresses or actors survive. You are not only fighting to get a decent lakorn but you are fighting their bias and that is a battle you rarely win.

If one puts schooling to the side and is doing what the channel asked of them to do then the blame would be on the channel. This goes to every stars not just Mint. And the more you are easy going with the channel the more they seem to neglect the individual. I am not a big fan of Mint but I think she is revelant enough to last this long. The lakorns she got are just lame most of the times and she's been playing some forgettable characters. Anyway, channel 3 and the others have their preferences and that's not going to ever change.
Now ch3 is pushing Gina Yeena and Ice P. Hard no matter what. The thing that makes them care about Mint a lil is how she was part of 4hJ series and Suppar bhurut juddatep
Noo James is dating someone outside the ET, her name is Foam. I'm not sure if they're gonna push Gina and James to be koojin but I wouldn't say it's impossible because she's one of the few actresses that are younger than him. And If they have chemistry then there you go.
I'm not feeling both Gina and Ice either. I can understand why they're pushing Ice because she's famous in China and she's also pressuring them aggressively. But I have no clue about Gina.
Ice is famous in China ? I know for sure Mike and Bie are but Ice ? Nobody talk about her in the different c-ent forums I have been visiting or am I wrong ? Plus China got the likes of Yangmi, Dilreba, Shen Yue etc... sorry but "Ice" popular in China sounds like a scam in my ears or ?? Anyway

lilyalana

sarNie Hatchling
I forgot who it was, it was a few pages back when someone asked about Tono and Nychaa. It’s pretty obvious that they’re together now, but they don’t want to place a title on their relationship. They recently took a trip to Ayutthaya for Mother’s Day, they said it was a coincidence and it wasn’t planned, not sure if they were just joking around. There are photos of him holding hands and being close to each other. It was either her mom or his mom that posted it on IG. She posted a picture of him and wished him happy birthday.

They’re cute together, I like it. This was the last interview I saw.
that would be me. i was asking because i saw nychaa's IG post about Tono's birthday and the pic uploaded looked to me like a gf wishing her bf birthday, not just a friend. i like them together too so yay! i'm so happy :cheer: the last interview i saw of both of them was the one where they kept holding hands while answering questions so i kept thinking that there must be something going on between them :naughty2:

rae

sarNie Adult
Now ch3 is pushing Gina Yeena and Ice P. Hard no matter what. The thing that makes them care about Mint a lil is how she was part of 4hJ series and Suppar bhurut juddatep

Ice is famous in China ? I know for sure Mike and Bie are but Ice ? Nobody talk about her in the different c-ent forums I have been visiting or am I wrong ? Plus China got the likes of Yangmi, Dilreba, Shen Yue etc... sorry but "Ice" popular in China sounds like a scam in my ears or ?? Anyway
Well, she's known in the sense that people watched her movies with Ter and Sunny, and her lakorn with Nine. People know who she is, but she doesn't have a fanclub or a dedicated following.

buroguhonyaku

sarNie Hatchling
Don't really understand why people are saying Ice P is popular in china. Doesn't really seem like it to me.

Ch5/onehd stars (past and present) are the ones who seem popular in china (many chinese lakorn fans got into lakorns through luerd hong). Mike d'angelo is also popular in China. The ch3 star most popular in china is probably Mario, and this is due to his movie 'Crazy Little Thing Called Love,' not his lakorns. I think the JiTaew pairing is also quite popular in china.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
Sammy has chinese fan too. She did a clip to thank them.

Some chinese ppl are watching thai lakorns ans they subbed it

Moo_the_best_cow

sarNie Juvenile
@kjc1994 oh yeah that actually made sense, ch3 loves halfies. She hasn't impressed me yet, maybe it's because I don't feel the scripts or the ones she paired up with. But you're right she's still young, I'll definitely give her a chance. Her being paired up with good peks is a good sign already so I hope her future lakorns are just as good.

It doesn't sit well to me either but I've heard lots of people saying that so... Maybe it's because of her movie? It was famous in many Asian countries and is still now rewatched a lot. So maybe that's why.....

Boomerseng

sarNie Egg
The Luk Kreung effect ? So far her acting has been lifeless
I tried to watch Gina with Jma, and the one with nine. And wow. The one with jma was sooooo bad! And it didn’t helped that jma seems like he has regressed in acting, not that he was great b4. The one with nine was boring and Mo was more appealing than Gina. For me i would push Pie more than Gina.

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
I don’t think Gina had good chemistry with any of her p’eks so far. I think it’s cause she looks slightly older than her age and I don’t think she suited them much. I’ve been seeing pictures of her and Boy together who is her next p’ek and she actually looks really good with him surprisingly. Im hoping they have some good chemistry and that she improves in that one cause it’s frustrating to see a complete newbie get all of these top p’eks when there are other newbies who display a little more talent and have more star power and aren’t getting many good p’eks. It’s just kind of weird to me that she’s getting all these good p’eks cause both of her lakorns have done pretty bad in terms of ratings even for Ch3’s standards. Her next p’ek is James Ji. I also think the problem with her is that she’s kind of been overshadowed in both of the roles she’s played so far. Her first one with James Ma had like 3 other girls besides her and the one with Nine had Mo who overshadowed her from the start.

Anne22

sarNie Juvenile
honestly its all depends on luck. No one knows 4 heart of the mountain will be a hit. They were so young and just debuted ( yaya was 18-19) I believe ch3 was not bias towards any of them at that time. The lakorn reallyyy boost up their career and help them to be at where they are now. Boy pakorn was initially selected to play Fai, but eventually they change to nadech. If they dont change their mind probably things will not go as smooth for nadech or yaya lol i mean NY has become one of the most popular couple in Thailand thanks to duang jai akkanee and ofc plus looks, star power and vivid fans to maintain their popularity for almost 10 years. I cant remember when was the last time nadech got a good script but he still getting lots of CFs

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
honestly its all depends on luck. No one knows 4 heart of the mountain will be a hit. They were so young and just debuted ( yaya was 18-19) I believe ch3 was not bias towards any of them at that time. The lakorn reallyyy boost up their career and help them to be at where they are now. Boy pakorn was initially selected to play Fai, but eventually they change to nadech. If they dont change their mind probably things will not go as smooth for nadech or yaya lol i mean NY has become one of the most popular couple in Thailand thanks to duang jai akkanee and ofc plus looks, star power and vivid fans to maintain their popularity for almost 10 years. I cant remember when was the last time nadech got a good script but he still getting lots of CFs
Well the reason why Nadech gets great CF’s and stuff etc even though he doesn’t really do good lakorns as of late is because his career is built around his relationship with Yaya more so than his actual acting career. People care about his koojin with Yaya more than they care about what he does outside of that relationship which is why even when his lakorns don’t do well, he still has massive popularity due to his relationship and still gets lots of CFs and etc. His relationship has hard carried his career and his actual acting career has not done much of the work. A lot of his fandom don’t exactly seem to care much about what he does in his acting career when it doesn’t involve Yaya. I think Yaya has done a better job of managing her career. It just seems like Nadech tags along on her tail skirt because besides her, his career is just as boring as Mints unfortunately. Sad cause he has tons of potential but he doesn’t seem to care as well. I’m glad his two latest n’eks are new even though MLFTS was trash.

forgotusername

Miksmouse
I know we've discussed this before but I sometimes can't get past how weird the relationship between the furby gang ladies and hi so obsession except for Mint. Both sides are just as shallow tbh.

I had taew's new man in my feed yesterday and he seems like a smart business man, he has a lot of projects going on so he obviously meets a lot of smart and beautiful ladies everyday and yet he just wants a trophy wife and Taew is willing to be that wife for the money involved. Relationships built like this are just weird to me man.

viesee

sarNie Egg
While the channel does play favourites, there comes a point where the celeb AND their fans has to take responsibility. I really like that Mint is being more vocal about what she wants but honestly I feel like its too little too late. She was complacent for too long and like someone else said, she doesn't have much to bargain with. Regardless of who fans want to blame for her poor results (ch3 favouritism, poor scripts, bad pairings, etc), as a business ALL that matters to the channel are results. Her fans complain, but that's really all they do.. where is the actual support? Mint and her fans need to show the channel she's worth more than what she's currently being given.

There was a period of time a few years back were she wasn't prioritising her career and looked disinterested, I remember her fans said that she was concentrating on expanding her business, and were showing off about how entrepreneurial she was, saying how smart she was for doing a business as being in the industry won't last forever so its good that she's treating is as a hobby. So its funny they now want to complain about the way the channel treats her, when she herself wasn't prioratising her career and didn't care about the scripts she was acting.

While she was doing what she wanted outside, Yaya, Kim and Margie (I mention them because I see them as being part of the same group that got popular together) were focused on their careers, picking up more scripts, expanding their fanbases, networking in and outside of the channel, etc. doing the work and putting themselves out there. Once they had a more solid foundation they started doing other stuff (businesses, Youtube, etc.) while maintaining their ET careers. Mint has been lukewarm and just all over the place for too long. Nadech is the same but he has a super strong fandom to support him and cover up for him. They're not just fierce online, but also in real life, they go all out for him in various way, the most important being by opening up their wallets and showing their strong purchasing power keeping him in demand. Mint doesn't have that so she can't afford to be coasting along, then start making demands when she's ready to take her career more seriously. She hasn't got the capital to do that.

I'm not saying she was wrong to branch out but her timing and the way that she's navigated her career has been really bad. Even now, although I'm glad she's started speaking up I feel like she's not going about it the best way. For example even if she wanted to take a step back from filming for school/ her business by not doing as many lakorns, she should have been even more picky about what she chose to film. Instead she didn't care, and honestly it showed. This is the time where even if she couldn't film she could have been doing events and networking in and outside the channel to keep her visibility up, to increase the chances of her being offered a good script, or put herself forward like Ice P if she found out there was a good one that would start filming.
I think you have a lot of valid points there, but I don't think anything is ever too late. I think Mint is possibly one of the late bloomers. She's naturally more on the kiddish side, so maybe it's fair to say she hasn't matured as fast as the like of Yaya or Margie or Kim or etc. But the thing with Mint is she's got a really fresh face and she makes the screen lighten up, and she's likable onscreen despite the crappy scripts and play. Like you said, fans do need to take responsibility, along with the actors. But Mint is one of those that continues to have freshness in her, so I would like to believe that perhaps her stroke of luck hasn't hit it off yet. Maybe she's does mature slower than her peers, but it's okay since she is the baby one and has the potential to still grow with freshness.

What I like hearing from Mint is that she's finally speaking up and saying she actually wants something different. However, my only concern is there is so many limited p'eks at ch3. If she was given a good drama role, who would suit her? Mark is known for best carrying out dramas and he excels in those roles. But chances of them reuniting may be slim. There is Nadech who could potentially work, but what are the chances?. Otherwise, every other actor will appear to clown around and I don't know how much other actors can ignite chemistry or bring out the charm in the new dramatic script with her. For example, Alek should have been a good p'ek for her, but he's just clowning around with her and their scripts are pretty crappy and nonsensical.

A good n'ek also needs a good p'ek to work, and to carry on with the show. So, IDK what are Mint's chances of getting a real talented p'ek? Maybe that's where her fans see the ch3 bias and nonsupport of her? I see a lot of potential in Mint, and being that she's always a fresh and beautiful face without trying too hard onscreen. But she also needs a real talented p'ek to carry on with the show. Hopefully, her stroke of luck comes around soon.

bit

sarNie Adult
Well the reason why Nadech gets great CF’s and stuff etc even though he doesn’t really do good lakorns as of late is because his career is built around his relationship with Yaya more so than his actual acting career. People care about his koojin with Yaya more than they care about what he does outside of that relationship which is why even when his lakorns don’t do well, he still has massive popularity due to his relationship and still gets lots of CFs and etc. His relationship has hard carried his career and his actual acting career has not done much of the work. A lot of his fandom don’t exactly seem to care much about what he does in his acting career when it doesn’t involve Yaya. I think Yaya has done a better job of managing her career. It just seems like Nadech tags along on her tail skirt because besides her, his career is just as boring as Mints unfortunately. Sad cause he has tons of potential but he doesn’t seem to care as well. I’m glad his two latest n’eks are new even though MLFTS was trash.
Be prepared, his rabid fans is going to get you...LOL. However I have to agree, his manager know how to push his fans button.

When MLTS was going under the water, he suddenly has an instagram to push his relationship to the fore.