❤️ Various ET News

nat12

sarNie Adult
Channel 3 should have taken notice when the ratings has been bad for a while...let's not blame covid for everything lol. We here have been discussing about the rating a while back. Channel has more problems than just airing an actor's lakorn back to back.
LOL COVID is only to blame for he current situation where these actors have lakorn back to back. But this is just a small symptom of bigger issues. The planning just isn’t there at a bigger, more macro level. Ideally there should be a better balance of lakorn utilizing their top, mid-range and new actors each year. What’s the point of having so many actors in their care if they’re hardly used? I mean, for sure there’s the point of the ‘80/20’ rule in sales, where 80% of their revenue is generated by 20% of their artistes, but they have the ability to go beyond that. They have artistes worth watching at all levels (compared to say, Ch7 whose newbies don’t seem to have X-factor in my eyes.)

I’ve been watching lakorn for over a decade now and I’ve always disliked the ‘standard’ lakorn plots. I thought: oh maybe Thais really like this style. But the ratings in the last 5 years show that no, they don’t actually like this any more. To be fair, I think this general change affects all Thai lakorn, not just Ch3. Lakorn seem repetitive because they are.

Make good shows and people would want to watch it regardless of who’s acting in it. I mean they cannot put Yaya, Nadech, Mark, Kim, Pope, Bella, Mario, James, Taew in every single lakorn that they produce. They need to do more to develop others & broaden their lakorn genres.

Start putting Eng subs in their lakorn on the clips that they put on YouTube, and eventually even on their dramas on Ch3+. They already have international fans, they can widen their current reach. This brings revenue for them and generates more potential revenue for the future. I feel like they currently lack manpower to do this - but then they should start hiring more. If YouTube channels by the different stars can have staff who can sub videos, don’t tell me Ch3 cannot develop resources for doing so. Korean dramas really exploded when the different channels stepped up their international outreach. Today people take subs for granted that they expect it all the time.

Last edited:

nat12

sarNie Adult
Puen khanin having evening lakorn with bua and simultaneously a prime time lakorn with chippy. Viewers will be confused with his characters. Pat-Mo lakorn had finished filming long ago and they decide to air in now. Lakorns age badly when there is significant time gap between filming and airing.
Hopefully scheduling gets better. The second half of the year has interesting lakorns and they might bring back good ratings.
I was confused by the characters - just from watching previews. I think Ch3 is good at one thing - promotions and publicity. But I think they reduced that during the pandemic. I think the trailers on their current drama update look really good, but let’s hope the lakorn themselves will actually be good and not just look good on trailers. ;)

spanky

sarNie OldFart
Win - ch7 actor -

I was looking up Camilla and found their lakorn. I'm currently watching it.... got curious what happened to him...

He is now working as an engineer at a salt factory and is also a scuba instructor during his free time.

Good for him. He looks like he's enjoying his life

spanky

sarNie OldFart
Thai lakorn sucks.. ..

All they do it crappy remake....stupid characters

I think the last 1...I really enjoyed was Mia 2018 and BPS

I been trying the lakorns and it's a bore.... good chemistry in stupid storylines and plots

Now I'm just searching older lakorn I missed. I did "quit" thai lakorn for a few years

nat12

sarNie Adult
Just saw the news of Pat & Note too. Congrats to them.

Weir’s mum revealed his new girlfriend. He really seems to have a type lol.

Amikou

Sharp-tongued Siberian diva
Just saw the news of Pat & Note too. Congrats to them.

Weir’s mum revealed his new girlfriend. He really seems to have a type lol.
And there is wedding rumour already lol

nat12

sarNie Adult
And there is wedding rumour already lol
lol yeah, cos that’s what they’re speculating why his mum came here from America for, right? One of the clips I watched… this channel discussed this possibility for two whole clips on two days!:pancarta: One of those entertainment news table discussion shows. I was just letting YouTube auto play while doing housework and couldn’t believe it. Day 1: discuss what the mom posted, and prev pix of the girl, and how real their relationship is. Day 2: mentioned that they had asked Weir’s manager (isn’t it Ploy?) for comment and confirmation about this. And the manager apparently replied better to ask Weir himself and that she and W do not discuss personal matters, only regarding work. Which I thought would end the discussion but no, the hosts continue to speculate about it and whether the reporters will ask Bella about it the next time she has an event. Which should be for BPS movie next week.

Amikou

Sharp-tongued Siberian diva
lol yeah, cos that’s what they’re speculating why his mum came here from America for, right? One of the clips I watched… this channel discussed this possibility for two whole clips on two days!:pancarta: One of those entertainment news table discussion shows. I was just letting YouTube auto play while doing housework and couldn’t believe it. Day 1: discuss what the mom posted, and prev pix of the girl, and how real their relationship is. Day 2: mentioned that they had asked Weir’s manager (isn’t it Ploy?) for comment and confirmation about this. And the manager apparently replied better to ask Weir himself and that she and W do not discuss personal matters, only regarding work. Which I thought would end the discussion but no, the hosts continue to speculate about it and whether the reporters will ask Bella about it the next time she has an event. Which should be for BPS movie next week.
So stupid. What does Bella have to do with this? Honestly, I’m not surprised if it’s true.
Now I’m wondering when will be Matt and Sk turn to get married lol For some reason I believe this two will make it to altar lol

bit

sarNie Adult
So stupid. What does Bella have to do with this? Honestly, I’m not surprised if it’s true.
Now I’m wondering when will be Matt and Sk turn to get married lol For some reason I believe this two will make it to altar lol
I think Taew or even Patricia would sooner marry than SK and Matt.

Well I hope Bella put a clause of not question about whatever Weir is up too in the press conference. She had nothing to do with it. It suppose to be about BPS movie, the biggest movie in her career and there are a lot of artist involve. It would be rude to mention other artist who had nothing to do with it.

But the stark contrast between how Weir mom treat Pancake and Bella relationship looks like she knew which on is business and which one is not. :confused12: She never care for the other two although it drag for so long

byebye

sarNie OldFart
If Weir new gf can manage a wedding out of dating him for a short period of time, she must be someone special :). And what's amazing is, for the rumor to happen he didn’t even have a cheating rumor before it.

nat12

sarNie Adult
@bit I used to be super annoyed when MCs would go on and on asking Bella about Weir on programmes where they were promoting Bella’s different dramas, especially when other actors were around. One question is fine, but go and on was rude. It’s a Ch3 programme so talk about Bella or the other actors who were there. Why did they seem to be promoting someone who’s not there and from another channel? I hope they have better sense than to ask her about him this time, especially in the presence of others involved in the movie.

@byebye Well I guess it would really prove his fans theories that they broke up because he wanted to get married but Bella didn’t. If this is true then I hope he and the girl will be happy. :) And his hardcore fans too. Apparently Weir already deleted or unlisted all vids with Bella from his yt channel so I guess he must be quite serious with this girl.

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
Pat is engaged?? I'm surprised cause of how young she is for an actress. I think most actresses, especially n'eks, wait a bit because of career, and Ch3 seems to be promoting Pat with 3 lakorns this year. But maybe its a sign of changing times and married women can still be n'eks now. Just like how people are a lot more open about leading actors/actresses dating and it's not a big deal anymore.

Weir's girlfriend is a hi-so. Just pointing that out cause the focus is always on the women dating/marrying hi-sos lol.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
Yup

Lots of Dara are mostly with hi-so

@Maricon

The issue with thai Drama is it is rapey and too much mandhandling. If it was eng sub more....and become popular. That will change. K drama was criticized a lot for the wrist grabbing...and thai lakorn is wicked nam nao...daytime soap....slap happy...which the new (most) generation....are offended with everything

I know it is a sensitive subject. .

I would love for thai lakorn to get push to do better...upgrade their Content and genre

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Thai lakorns should push different storylines like C-Dramas. In comparison, Chinese dramas has more varieties than K dramas. Even if they are known for youth romance, but they do have a good mixtures of slice of life, ancient, modern dramas that can appeal to all. Also, even if it's a competitive industry they don't often pair the same people. It takes a good few years to get a couple back together.

Thai needs to start pushing different ideas. It doesn't hurt to try, not like they have great ratings where they are afraid it would set them back. Even if it does fail a few times and audiences aren't into it. But over time, I think it would change the industry. They are so afraid to move forward, but stuck in a time where moving forward is necessary.

nat12

sarNie Adult
At this point I’m thinking the people in charge of Thai dramas don’t know what new ideas to try or how to change and move forward. Making the typical Thai dramas is all they know.

Typical Thai dramas still have their fans though. But the typical Thai drama feels like a love story where you have women slapping each other fighting over the same man, or the p’ek or n’ek being so good to the point of being dumb, or the whole story is driven by the villain’s revenge plans In the past women might be able to accept/relate to the situation where the poor village girl is forced to stay in a toxic/abusive relationship because they were dependent on the man. But these days many women all over Asia have options and are less likely to tolerate that.

Korean dramas really used to be more similar to Thai dramas. Just that when they started having cable tv, the cable channels really pushed forward in terms of trying new drama plots. So for a start they had Reply 1997. It’s really simple - teen romance, with newbies as the main cast. But told in a creative way that had not been done before. And it was heartwarming because it was set in the past where many adults grew up in, and thus could relate to. So the show became a huge hit. Since then cable tv kept pushing the limit in terms of drama plots. When they succeeded, the public tv channels were forced to follow. And with going online and streaming services, Korean shows just gained popularity worldwide.

Not every drama must look fresh with spectacular VFX or what not. Just take a simple story but do it with the way it has not been done before. Simple teen romances can work. Simple office romances can work for a start. Definitely stop with the remakes for a while.

*DramaCuties*

sarNie Egg
Sorry to say this, but to be fair, the audience are also at fault. Even if we said people nowadays started not to like/accept what channel give the audience, however, many popular drama are also the one with questionable story and genre. This is what popular and highly recommended everywhere you go. This kind of drama also the one that most of time people praising for having a good chemistry. It was cringey as hell because it always have the mc giving the "i cant stand it, i want to f*ck you" look (in slow motion even). But sooo few singing their praise for drama with healthy storyline with respectful character and have a good message. Rather many people will sh*tting on this kind of drama for being boring and not having chemistry. People still want the "drama". If people truly want changes, start being loud and supporting more good drama with healthy storyline and not just the questionable genre that being sold as romance.

Last edited:

nat12

sarNie Adult
Sorry to say this, but to be fair, the audience are also at fault. Even if we said people nowadays started not to like/accept what channel give the audience, however, many popular drama are also the one with questionable story and genre.
That’s what I used to think, that the producers continue making this type of dramas because the viewers like it (even if I don’t, haha). But I think when you look at viewing data (ratings or online) what goes viral or generates buzz/clicks on social media might not translate into actual views for the drama.

So those types of dramas will always have fans & viewers. But most people don’t actually watch those dramas, otherwise the viewing numbers will be much higher. I mean Mint & Toey’s last drama generated a lot of buzz on social media. but ratings and online viewing numbers were still average.

WeirFany

sarNie Adult
I'm surprised Pat got engaged too. Perhaps because her career is finally picking up and she's getting positive reviews for her improved acting, he acted quickly to lock it down. Lol they've been dating quietly without any issues so maybe they will work out long term or bc she's so young and want to choose her career, they'll either have a long engagement or maybe they'll end things later on since she's still so young. Publicly, she's had two long term serious relationships now so maybe her goal is to date to marry eventually

*DramaCuties*

sarNie Egg
That’s what I used to think, that the producers continue making this type of dramas because the viewers like it (even if I don’t, haha). But I think when you look at viewing data (ratings or online) what goes viral or generates buzz/clicks on social media might not translate into actual views for the drama.

So those types of dramas will always have fans & viewers. But most people don’t actually watch those dramas, otherwise the viewing numbers will be much higher. I mean Mint & Toey’s last drama generated a lot of buzz on social media. but ratings and online viewing numbers were still average.
I really hope this is the case. I dont know how many times i feel disappointed over thai drama and its review from people who already watched and recommended it.