[A Royal Series] Jao Ying Tasanee: A Royal Selection (Ch 3.1 Up! 6/25/14)

pinkdisney32

sarNie Oldmaid
Glad to see more people enjoying this! :D Will update more soon since you all are awaiting for more! Been busy with college...will start ASAP!

pinkdisney32

sarNie Oldmaid
I'm finally back!!! Sorry for the long wait, I've been busy with school and projects that I haven't had any time to update my story, but here is one-third of Ch3. More to come soon! :) Happy reading!

Chapter 3.1 (Weeks before the selection starts)

[Khun Chai Phet] - Aof
    In the busy streets of Bangkok there is a famous jewelry shop that sells authentic diamonds and gold jewelries. Khun Chai Phet is enjoying his time finding the perfect set of beauties for his customers. He’s got the touch of brightness and calmness. As the next heir to his father’s business, Phet is finally accomplishing his dream and passion. He is the oldest of five kids. He has only one brother and three sisters.
    Though his father is expecting him to take over the business, he is getting pressured to get married and start a family soon. The love of his life is his jewelry business. The thought of getting married scares him. He’s afraid of rejection and decides to live single forever.
    Phet and his family were dining at “Akkarat’s Diligent Taste”, which is one of the most famous Thai restaurants in the city. “Phet, I encourage you to marry as soon as you take over my place,” said his father.
    “Father, please don’t start this with me.” He rolled his eyes and sets down his silverware. “You know that I don’t like to date. I love my single life. I know that I’m taking over your place one day, but stop pressuring me to get married. I don’t like it.”
    “Son, I’m just worried that you won’t have an heir to take over your place when you’re old like me. I don’t want you to regret living with no wife and children. Just look at your uncle. All he wanted was to be single and live carefree. He spends so much time partying and hanging out with friends that he never bothered to settle down and start his own family. Look at him now, all alone in his apartment drinking day and night.”
    “Oiee…I will never be like him. I got my business to look over, plus I don’t like to party. Mother, please convince father to stop this conversation.”
    “Honey, I agree with your dad. You are the oldest son, you must get married and start a family. Why are you so scared? Huh?” His mother curiously asks.
    “Gosh, mother! Don’t even bother to ask me that question? You know the reason already.” He hates it when his mother brings up that question. It just triggers memories that haunted him ever since that incident.
    “Sorry. Just let it go. Time has passed already, don’t let those memories prevent you from pursuing girls. Oh have you heard about the King’s selection? I actually got an application for you. I heard that the princess is one fine beauty. If you were to marry the princess, many fortunes would come to you. I suggest that you apply for this.” His mother takes out a 10-page application and handed to him.
    “What the---? Mother are you crazy? You are dreaming too much with this royalty stuff. Pshh…I’m not doing it. I have no time to participate in this event. I got father’s business to take care of.”
    “Fine, up to you. Don’t come complaining to me about not helping you with anything. Anyways, I heard that once you entered, you will receive many benefits even if you were to lose or win. Up to you. I’m full now. Waitress! Check please.” Phet sat there speechless, unable to argue back with his mother.
----------------------------------
[Khun Chai Akkarat] - Pope
Khun Chai Akkarat is in the back of his restaurant cooking his finest dishes to his customers. Once in a while he would personally deliver his customers’ orders as a way to thank them for making his business a success. Today was one of those days. As he saw one of his customers leaving, he shouts out a big “thank you” with a big smile. “Thank you for coming to Akkarat’s Dilligent Taste. Hope you all enjoyed your meal today.”
    Phet’s mother answered, “You are very welcome. Your cooking is always the finest. I would love to have a personal chef like you! Thank you and enjoy your day.” Phet puts on his shades and goes outside and waits by their car. Akkarat smiles back and finished delivering his orders.
His younger sister (the waitress who served Phet’s family) came up to him. “OMG…guess what I heard?!”
Phet laughed at his excited and bubbly sister. “What is so exciting today, little bird? You met your soulmate?
“No. Not mine, but yours.” She giggly answers back.
“Huh? What do you mean?” He is confused as to what she was referring to.
“You know that the King is hosting a selection to find a mate for the princess. I believe it is Jao Ying Tasanee. I heard that she is really beautiful! I suggest that you apply for it! You could win the princess heart with your amazing cooking!”
Akkarat laughs at this idea. “Hahaa…are you joking? Who would want to date a person like me? Plus I have no time to date right now. You are dreaming too big, my little bird.”
“Big brother, are you still afraid to date?” He looks at his sister and tried to form words, but nothing came out. The thought of dating has never occurred to him ever since his ex-fiancé left him for a richer man. His face looked blank and pale as his younger sister looked at him. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to bring it up. I just want a sister-in-law. I thought this opportunity would give you a chance to find love again.”
Akkarat comes back to reality and realized he made his sister upset. “Don’t be sorry. It’s just, I’m afraid to experience the pain again. We were so poor back then. I guess love made me blind.”
“Oh…big brother. Just give it shot. You never know what will happen.” She tries to persuade him with her sweet puppy eyes.
“I’ll think about it.” He rubs his sister’s head and went back to work.
----------------------------------
[Khun Chai Anurak] – Porshe & [Khun Chai Decha] - Pong
    Anurak is performing on stage with his biggest hit album. The crowd is all screaming and hyped up for his 5th biggest concert.
    “Sawadee krap! Thank you all for joining me tonight. Without all of you lovely people, there wouldn’t be tonight. I love you all so so much, na. My last song for tonight is one of my favorites and hopefully one of yours too.” He winks at the audience and threw them kisses.
“We love you too!! Aaahhh!!! Anurak! Anurak! Anurak! Anurak!” The crowd goes wild and starts chanting his name. Anurak is overjoy with his fans’ excitement! He started singing the first line to his song and his fans were screaming and singing along with him.
After his concert, he went to an after party that was hosted by his friend Decha (aka Pong).  They have known each other ever since Anurak entered the entertainment business six years ago. Decha was fortunate enough to grow up in a family of wealth. His family name has given him the attention and fame.
Anurak went to the drink station and saw his ex, Maneewan (aka Baifern), walking towards him. He quickly grabbed his drink and turned towards where Decha, who was dancing with a bunch of beautiful girls. “Big problem, Decha. Look towards the drink station.”
“Oie, big problem. Follow me.” Decha lead Anurak to his secret room. “Stay right here, I will solve the problem for you. I will let you know when things are good.”
“Thank you my friend, I don’t know how she is so attached to me. She was the one who cheated first.” Anurak was confused as to why Maneewan keep on following him. Decha went back to the dance floor and pulled Maneewan to the side to chat about Anurak.
“What are you doing here Maneewan? Anurak alredy broke up with you, why are you continuing to follow him?” Decha was irritated by her presence. He didn’t even want to talk with her, but he is only doing it for his best friend.
“Well, I know that he still loves me. I just want to make things clear. I never intended to cheat on him. That guy came on to me first.” She sounded proud and innocent, but inside she knows that she was the one to made the first move. “Where is he? Take me to him. You can’t hide him from me, you know you can’t.”
Porshe looked through the invisible mirror and saw that Maneewan wasn’t too happy. They dated ever since he entered the music industry. Just about a month ago he caught her cheating with another man, breaking his trust and hope in her. He tried to forget about her, but she keeps coming back to his life. He sat down on a black leather sofa and saw some forms on the table. He reads the forms, “Your Royal Highness courteously invites you to join the Selection in becoming a suitable candidate for Princess (Jao Ying) Tasanee. Any man is eligible to enter this competition, but you must be at least 21 years of age to participate in this special royal event. The deadline to submitting your application is on the last day of February. Every candidate will be randomly chosen and the chosen ones will be notified within two weeks.” Decha comes dashing through the door as he finished reading the form.
“That girl is crazy! Acting all innocent…,” Decha stopped, “What are you reading?”
“What is this? Are they really selling the princess off or finding a new king?” Anurak jokingly asked.
“The Royal Family sent those forms to every man in the country. You should have received one too.”
“I’ve been too busy with my concerts that I haven’t even gone home to check my mail yet.” Anurak sighs and close his eyes. “Did she leave yet?”
“Yes, I asked my security guards to take her---,” someone came dashing through the door and Decha didn’t even finish his sentence.
“I told you, you can’t hide from me Anurak. I will always find you.” Maneewan breathed heavily. She seemed like she just ran a whole mile, seeing her sweaty and red face.
“Get out of here, who let you in!” Decha tried to forced her out.
“None of your business, Anurak I know you still love me. I know you do. Please don’t do this to me.”
“How many times do I have to tell you! I lost my feelings for you ever since I saw you with that man. And now...now...I have someone new.” Anurak wasn’t too happy, but it was the only way for her to stop bothering her.
“Who is this woman? How great is she? I’m irreplaceable!” Maneewan sounded so full of herself.
“She’s….she’s...the princess.” He looked down as he said that.
“Liar! You have never even seen her before, don’t lie---,”
“I’m participating in the selection, TO GET AWAY FROM YOU!” Anurak shouted at her and tears started to pour out. Decha finally got his security guards to take Maneewan out.
“Anurak, you can’t do this to me! You can’t! I love you only, please don’t do this.” Maneewan pleaded for Anurak’s love and kindness back, but he is only looking at her with coldness and bitterness. Once the guard took her out, Anurak sat back down on the couch.
“If I get chosen, I will go away as far as possible so I won’t see her again.”
“Anurak, don’t worry, someday she will understand. A girl like her is not worth it. Um...whatever decision you make, I’m 100% on your side.” Decha patted his friend’s back.
“Thank you for understanding me, Decha. Thank you so much.” After their conversation, they both went back to the dance floor and partied hardcore and drank until they were drunk. It was probably one of their best nights, despite having Maneewan there ruinng it.

To be continued……….

pinkdisney32

sarNie Oldmaid
ATTENTION "Jao Ying Tasanee" readers!!! I will be on a hiatus with this fanfiction. I will not drop from this project, but will be constructing my story so it will flow better and so I can update faster. It will be awhile with my updates! Thank you all! :)

sarNie Adult
candylover32 said:
ATTENTION "Jao Ying Tasanee" readers!!! I will be on a hiatus with this fanfiction. I will not drop from this project, but will be constructing my story so it will flow better and so I can update faster. It will be awhile with my updates! Thank you all! :)

Awww shucks! I was enjoying it so much too! BUT I SUPPORT YOU! I will wait eagerly for your return!

My money's on Khun Chai Akkarat! I LOVE POPE!!! though realistically, i mean, personally, I think i'd go for the policeman. I can't resist men in uniform (...or nerds, but I don't think there was a nerd in the choices hahaha).