BajiRao Mastani (SLB Films)

Step

Mrs James Ma
PC interview

It is rumoured that Sanjay Leela Bhansali had wanted to cast the pair of Salman Khan and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan as 'Bajirao' and 'Mastani' when he had first conceptualized the movie but due to various issues, the casting was changed and finally Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone were cast in the respective roles.
These rumours have led to many a comments and comparisons being made between the two sets of actors but Priyanka Chopra made sure to give her take on the same and stated that according to her no one could have played 'Bajirao' and 'Mastani' better than Ranveer and Deepika. She said that it was too complicated to first imagine Salman and Aishwarya in the roles and the compare that to Ranveer and Deepika playing th parts,
"First I have to imagine Salman and Aishwarya together, then Ranveer and Deepika. It is too complicated a question! No one could have played Bajirao and Mastani better than Ranveer and Deepika."
She went on to state that although many names may be considered for a part in a movie, in the end the movie belonged to those whose names came in the credits,
"We have left many movies but in the end, the movie belongs to the ones whose names comes in the credits."

cr IANS

Step

Mrs James Ma
PC said DP

The much appreciated song of the upcoming film 'Bajirao Mastani' - Pinga - has been in the news since its release a week back. The song features both Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone in a grand setting as expected in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's films.

According to Priyanka who is currently attending a promotional event for 'Bajirao Mastani', the song 'Pinga', though difficult, was about the love the two characters hold for a man and in the song both Deepika and she celebrate womanhood. Priyanka said,

"Pinga is difficult. There is no competitiveness. It's about love for a man. And Deepika and I celebrate womanhood."

"I couldnt have gotten a better partner than Deepika. I miss my partner in crime! Deepika and I ganged up against Ranveer. I felt pity for him!"

The pretty actress stated that she and Deepika only share the frame in two scenes and this one song in the film, "We just have one song and two scenes."

Although this news may serve as a dampener to those wanting to see these two brilliant actresses battle it out with their performances on the big screen, we are sure that the scenes they do have together, though limited would be great regardless!

Step

Mrs James Ma
PC on clash
Priyanka categorically stated that there was no feeling of competitiveness between the two films as they both represent different genres and have been directed by two great directors and that the entire feel of 'competition' was actually media manufactured. She said,
"We are not competing with 'Dilwale'. Both the filmmakers are great and the genres are different. We dont need to promote because 'Dilwale' is releasing on the same day. You guys have made it into a competition."

cr IANS

beachboy777

sarNie Hatchling
Awesome song!!! Ranveer shocked everyone with his acting skills.. No one in Bollywood can beat his energy level.. Lol.. Great cherography! SLB is a genius.. All the songs in BM just amazing! This will be a big hit . Thanks step.

Step

Mrs James Ma
Idk who is this guy, his fans are tagging DP with this.

"In an interaction with a leading daily, Telugu superstar Mahesh Babu said, ''My all-time favourite was Sridevi but now it's Deepika Padukone. She is brilliant. I was stunned by her as an actress inPiku. She is obviously beautiful, but when you can also act like that, it's a lethal combination.''
cr ians

Katelyn

sarNie Oldmaid
Hi all.  Good to see this thread here.

I wanted to share some of my creations.

FB covers.

Step

Mrs James Ma
Pinga making. PC is a trained classical dancer from kid. DP learned for this movie, it was challenge for her
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6vCSwf5-DA

Step

Mrs James Ma
Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone were fantastic in their Imtiaz Ali film Tamasha. As the movie has released and is finding its own path, Ranbir and Deepika are back to their respective lives. While Ranbir is busy shooting for Karan Johar's Ae Dil Hain Mushkil in London, Deepika is busy with the promotions of her Sanjay Leela Bhansali film Bajirao Mastani. 
In an interview with Emirates 24/7, Ranbir spoke at length about his beautiful co-star who was once his girlfriend. 
Explaining the extent of Deepika's popularity he said, "When we were filming Tamasha in Corsica, there was a very famous footballer from France called Karim Mostafa Benzema (who plays for Real Madrid) who passed by our hotel. I have always been a great fan of his as he is a wonderful player. I started following him and once he reached a hotel, his security got pretty tight. When I was leaving the hotel, I had promised Deepika that I would get a picture with him.  But then his security threw all his fans away and I went back to the hotel disappointed. Deepika in fact did not even know Karim. The next day, I saw that Karim was actually following Deepika around and going wherever she went."
He added, "I cannot deny the fact that Deepika and I have had a past. This is a relationship on which one can make four films. But then the situation in Deepika and my life is that we are in the same profession. And the kind of work we do, we need to keep showing varied emotions like love etc. But in our personal lives, both of us are pretty ambitious and patient as well when it comes to work. So it was but natural that we moved on. We have a lot of love, respect and care for each other and I do admit that it is not very easy to handle stuff like break ups."
Indicating that Deepika is moving towards superstardom, Ranbir said, "We all know what level of acting, Deepika has risen to. There is a difference between an actor and a superstar. When you see her face, you see a glow on it. I have seen such a glow on faces like Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan and Aishwarya Rai. That glow in now seen on Deepika's face"

cr emirates

Irfan Khan said same thing about Deepika :)

beachboy777

sarNie Hatchling
Soon she will be in fast & furious, cage returns here in Hollywood! She turn down fast & furious 7, but now she will be in the next one for sure. Her boyfriend Ranveer will tag along lol

Step

Mrs James Ma
"Deepika Padukone managed to surprise action director Sham Kaushal with her perfectly executed moves in the action sequences of her upcoming film 'Bajirao Mastani'.
Deepika can be seen fighting with a sword, riding a horse and using a bow and arrow in some of the clips from the movie. In a chat with a news agency the action director Sham, who has worked with both Ranveer and Deepika previously, said that the dedication showed by the two during the shooting of 'Bajirao Mastani' was commendable. He revealed that while Deepika surprised him with her moves, he had to ask Ranveer to tone it down a little but that both had done an excellent job,
"Deepika is dedicated, committed and intelligent. She gets into nitty-grittes. It is not easy to portray 'Mastani'. When going for war sequences she has to show softness on her face and be strong at the same time. Deepika surprised me... She has never done that kind of combat action earlier."
About Ranveer he said, "...Bajirao has to be rough and a hard man. With Ranveer, I had to tell him to control his energy. His energy is inbuilt we don't have to tell him to charge up ever. They both have done a great job."
He also revealed that he shares a great relationship with both Ranveer and Deepika and in fact he calls Ranveer 'Tiger', "Deepika is like daughter to me and I call Ranveer, Tiger.They are like my kids. They have faith in me... We share a great rapport. They are hard working."
Sham also talked about Ranveer's injury and how once he came back to the shoot everyone behaved as if nothing had happened,
"It was in February when he got injured. He fell down from a horse. He injured his shoulder..It was an unfortunate incident. When he came back to shoot after four-five months we all behaved as if nothing had happened, we appeared normal."

cr IANS
"

Step

Mrs James Ma
The Real Reason why PeeCee will Not Promote BM with Ranveer Singh-Deepika Padukone!

The grapevine has been abuzz for quite some time now that Priyanka Chopra won’t be joining Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone for the promotional city tours for Bajirao Mastani. However, a leading daily cleared the real picture, and quoted a source from the film’s team, “Priyanka is in the US. She returns on December 8. Until then, it is ‘Bajirao’ Ranveer Singh and ‘Mastani’ Deepika all the way.” Ran-Deep will be on a multi-city tour from next week. PeeCee may join them on Skype now and then.
Apparently, the strategy is to downplay Priyanka’s achievement in BM to such an extent that audiences expect nothing from her, and then surprise them with her performance. Said the source, “She wants to be the bandh mutthi of Bajirao Mastani. Let audiences flock to see Bajirao and Mastani. But they’ll come back filled with good thoughts for Priyanka’s Kashibai as well.”
Now that’s one good strategy the team BM has in place for PeeCee. Let’s hope it works in their favour!"

cr IANS

Step

Mrs James Ma
SLB seems to be bearing the brunt of many emotional souls which is why now there are reports of activists having demanded a stay on the movie's release till two of its songs, ‘Pinga’ and ‘Malhari’  are not censored, since they have been alleged to have distorted the historical facts and reality.
A social activist, Hemant Patil, president of a city-based NGO ‘Bharat Against Corruption’, has approached the Bombay High Court seeking stay on the release of the movie claiming the director to have wrongly portrayed the reality in the Ranveer-Deepika-Priyanka starrer. He approached the High Court after a court in Pune dismissed his application on the same.
This is not the first time the movie has seen itself to be surrounded with controversies. Earlier as well, a descendant of the Peshwas, Prasadarao Peshwe had written a letter to the Chief Minister of Maharashtra demanding the government to look into the matter take a decision accordingly.