[Ch3] Padiwarada (Good Feeling)

sarNie Adult
@Krakatowa, I was actually trying to rationalize it in my head too, why Saran had to stick by Duang after all that happened. .the only thing I can think of is that it reinforces Saran's fixation on permanence. He is a one track mind kind of guy. He is the sunflower who just stays there and stares and stares at the sun. He would wait hours, observing things to accomplish his mission. His life is all about routine, with the training, cleaning his gun, etc. He would eat the same thing (pepper sauce) everyday. He stuck with Duang for 10 years that Chalad had to ask "aren't you tired?" He's the guy who wants things to stay the same - he makes Rin promise to look only at him and he will look only at her forever. He's the guy who gets rattled by change and freaks out when people who had always been there for him suddenly leave. He would follow through with traditions, no questions asked (i.e. His dad giving his mom his salary). Duang was part of his routine and he cannot abandon her no matter what. He would be loyal to her just as he is loyal to his duty and loyal to his wife. It's not just because he is wishy washy, his obsession with permanence is precisely the reason why he is wishy washy about the whole Duang vs Rin thing because it's hard for him to accept change. In his mind, it was either a world with Duang or without Duang. It took him long to realize hey! There is a world WITH RIN. He couldn't move on to give in to Rin completely as easily because he didn't want to abandon his hurt from Duang. That's why he made up all those tests that Rin has to pass for him to love her (when in truth, he already did love her) That's also why he had to go through the whole "I don't know if I can love anymore" thing because instead of dumping all his feelings for Duang he kind of stalled in the middle (to "protect his heart") before finally moving on to Rin. Rin on the other hand took one baby step at a time, making small changes to finally capture Saran's heart. Yet when finally he gave in to Rin, suddenly Rin supposedly changed again. So he got rattled again. But Duang is still there, and their friendship is still there. So i guess that's why Saran couldn't get Duang out of his system. He can't even send her away. I mean, in the end, she is still a part of his life as he still loves her as a friend. But now it is Rin who is his love and she will be his love forever. That scene where Saran confronted Khun Chai was powerful, even I was surprised it happened. I mean for the first time, the rivals met, and it was that moment Saran saw the man he once was - and now it's clear that it's over. He had changed. All he could do is feel sorry for Khun Chai, there was no hatred in Saran's eyes, only shock (since he saw himself for the first time) and pity. He's done crying over Duang, but now he knew he had to save her as while she was no longer his sun, she is still his friend who had been with him since forever. Just for that he cannot lose her. Did I make sense? I think I just rattled on sorry.

krakatowa

sarNie Egg
@040156 I understand where you're coming from about Saran's need for permanence.

Like you, I've tried to come up with all sorts of rationalization for Saran's behavior from beginning until now. But no matter what reasons or explanation we come up with, in my opinion Saran has failed to be a true husband to Rin especially after they have become a couple. This makes it hard for me to root for Rin to keep on fighting to keep Saran when he's already given up without even an attempt to fight to keep Rin who's supposed to be his "home".

At the end of ep 10 he declared to his mom and Rin that no matter what he and Rin will not break up. Now he's the first one to bailout as things get tough. I don't buy the saying that "I keep on hurting you bc I love and care about you." That's full of bs in my opinion.

If it were true like he said that they have become one heart, wouldn't it be his top priority to protect and give tlc to this one heart of theirs? So far it seems like Rin is the only one doing everything to protect this one heart of theirs. I feel sad for Rin... Thank goodness the script writer made her tough enough to fend off Duang's evilness.

I feel much better now that I have said my piece. ;-)

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
I think Saran, like most typical men, sees Duang as a non-issue. Since he no longer loves her romantically, that's the end of story in his mind. He's not being considerate of his wife's feelings but again, typical Thai p'ek and their "if it's not a problem for me, why would it be a problem for you?" kind of attitude.

Saran isn't really fighting for his wife, I agree but I don't think he's giving up on her really. He's trying to keep her safe from the whole Seua Khao situation by pushing her away. He knows there's a 50/50 chance that he's going to die and that Seau Khao could hurt Rin to get at him. I think his plan is if he survives that fight, then he'll try to settle his issues with Rin. He is being mean about it but I could deal with his drama without Duang's mug all over my screen any longer.

That and James and Bella are really cute together. I can ignore the stupid stuff and focus on that instead.

Bella said on her instagram that in the "stripping" scene, she had trouble taking the covering robe off lol. I hope we get some funny outtakes at the end.

teeruksamur

sarNie Egg
I agree with Jeanie1 in terms of Saran seeing Duangsawat as a non-issue. In this episode, he understands first hand what it feels like to fall on hard times, so he's just extending a helping hand. He did tell his mother that he will send her away. In the scene where he's sweeping the burnt debris and Rin spot Duang on the terrace, he KNEW she might take it the wrong way and refuses to clear the air, maybe because it's just easier to push her away. There's the issue of Suea Khao and what he said earlier at the hospital. I love it when Rin said he can't fool her regarding Duangsawat and she takes matters into her own hands. With Duang out of the picture, we can really focus on the reconciliation and finale. 

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
O-M-G, i just about bursted in today's episode...well mainly in the last 8 mins of the episode. Lol I dont want to say much for those who havent watched it yet, but yeah, rin is THE MASTER. I think they built saran's massive stubborness just to have rin crush it in the palm of her hands!!!! Hahahaha

teeruksamur

sarNie Egg
I wrote up a summary for a friend earlier this morning about the bedroom seduction scene, thought this might be helpful for those of you waiting for Eng Subs. Enjoy!

Bedroom seduction scene:

Khun Saran realizes he's locked in the room! Then he spots his sexy wife striding toward him in her pajamas. She tells him if he doesn't talk to her, they're not going anywhere tonight. Jim Lim is instructed to keep the door locked until further notice.

Rin says that a wife's duty, besides cooking and cleaning, has one more important duty. She wraps her hands around his neck. And let's her hands glide down his chest. Blush! Khun Saran stops her hands from trailing further. She smiles up at him and asks if he wants to stop her or stop his own beating heart.

She leans in and places a kiss very close to his lips. She says he won't be able to hold back, it only took a few months to win him over, this time she'll win again. She pulls his head close to hers, their foreheads touching and Khun Saran is struggling to hold back.

Rin says that money and status can't change her or change them. He is still Saran, a husband and she's still Rin, a wife. She asks him to not push her away. She wants to stay by his side, if he has to die because of some baddie, he will die with her by his side. And if she has to die, he will be the only man who gets to stand by her side. That's all she came to say, before she wraps her arms around his neck again and kisses him on the other cheek, close to his lips.

Rin releases her intimate hold and brushes past him with a sly smile, but Khun Saran pulls her back to him with a knowing smirk.

cecilia

Staff member
I'm blushing with Rin ... that swing, omg! Saran, I'm yours!

Reactions: D~D

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Lol oh goodness that ending scene. I think it is one of the best lakorn scene in lakorn scene history rofl like NO JOKE. I'm not a fan of JJ in modern lakorns really, but in period lakorns he rocks at it, and his facial expression before he pulled her hahahaha! 

nurunoiu80

sarNie Hatchling
teeruksamur said:
I wrote up a summary for a friend earlier this morning about the bedroom seduction scene, thought this might be helpful for those of you waiting for Eng Subs. Enjoy!

Bedroom seduction scene:

Khun Saran realizes he's locked in the room! Then he spots his sexy wife striding toward him in her pajamas. She tells him if he doesn't talk to her, they're not going anywhere tonight. Jim Lim is instructed to keep the door locked until further notice.

Rin says that a wife's duty, besides cooking and cleaning, has one more important duty. She wraps her hands around his neck. And let's her hands glide down his chest. Blush! Khun Saran stops her hands from trailing further. She smiles up at him and asks if he wants to stop her or stop his own beating heart.

She leans in and places a kiss very close to his lips. She says he won't be able to hold back, it only took a few months to win him over, this time she'll win again. She pulls his head close to hers, their foreheads touching and Khun Saran is struggling to hold back.

Rin says that money and status can't change her or change them. He is still Saran, a husband and she's still Rin, a wife. She asks him to not push her away. She wants to stay by his side, if he has to die because of some baddie, he will die with her by his side. And if she has to die, he will be the only man who gets to stand by her side. That's all she came to say, before she wraps her arms around his neck again and kisses him on the other cheek, close to his lips.

Rin releases her intimate hold and brushes past him with a sly smile, but Khun Saran pulls her back to him with a knowing smirk.
the more i watch lakorn without sub the more i can understand what it say. but ur translation of the scene is wow, it helps a lot. thanx, reading it makes me smile again. thank god my colleague didn't notice, hahaha

sarN

sarNie Granny
Remember how Daung try to seduce Saran , funny how now she doing the same thing HAHAHA but Rin seen coy about it HAHAHAHAHA , seriously, that scene really tickle my bone , gosh, if only lakorn have more scene like those , I guess it's OK for Rin b/c they are married.

cecilia

Staff member
It was a great tease. Her settle moves got him good, so good. Made him don't know how to response except to flow with her --- I mean follow his sun's ray :) i look forward to tomorrow episode ... how he just pull her in like that. I don't  meant to be pervy but I replay that last scene a lot of time today lol ... will attempt another one before heading to bed lol

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
James' face just cracks me up. He looks like he's being tortured but is trying to stay strong by not showing any emotion.

I wonder if Saran is thinking "where did THAT come from?" I taught her all the moves."

Also I'm thinking of that car scene in Ep.2? when he accused her of trying to seduce him with housework and cooking lol. Poor baby was so innocent. Bet he knows now what Rin in seduction mode looks like.

cecilia

Staff member
jeanie1 said:
James' face just cracks me up. He looks like he's being tortured but is trying to stay strong by not showing any emotion.

I wonder if Saran is thinking "where did THAT come from?" I taught her all the moves."

Also I'm thinking of that car scene in Ep.2? when he accused her of trying to seduce him with housework and cooking lol. Poor baby was so innocent. Bet he knows now what Rin in seduction mode looks like.
That's what relationship is all about ... woman learns the best moves from her man.

She was innocent .. he brought the best out of her and she's just putting them in practice lol

sarNie Adult
Well actually, in the beginning of the episode, she was cooking and stuff again. hahaha. But seeing the pepper sauce didn't work, she had to turn up the heat. ALERT ALERT THE ROOM IS ON FIRE! The bandits ain't got nuthin on Rin. They burned down the house, Rin set the sheriff ablaze.  :pervie:. I bet Jim Lim is outside nose bleeding like the pervert club here. hahaha. (although I do agree with some of you that Saran would probably turn down Rin at the last minute, I wonder, had Rin succeeded in seducing Saran, what would be the code for Jim Lim to open the looks to door?!  :lmao3: )

Did anyone else had a waffy moment when Saran went to Arun's house to ask a favor to take care of Rin? I didn't understand what he said, but I pretty much guessed that's what it was. I really love the bromance between these two. 

And in the hospital scene, I felt that James Ji lacked tears. but then I figured if he cried more, he would have ended up bawling like that infamous crying scene in Ruk Sudrit. I thought of Pope and his "manly tears" scenes. Just a little bit more, James Ji might be able to do that too. 

Speaking of Pope, is "Khun chai kon klua" (sorry, I'm sure I misspelled that) really a Thai idiom/term? I always thought it was just a label made for Chai Ruj, which is another Good Feeling Production. I was like... Saran, dude, you're not even a Khun Chai, stop being such a drama queen. hahahaha. 

MissSunny

sarNie Adult
Can I just say how much I like Baranee? I loved that she finally slapped Duang, which I'm sure all of us have wanted to do for a long time now! She is such a great sister who cares about Rin. If a bitch tried to ruin my sister's life, I would totally do the same as Baranee.

beamsgirl

sarNie Adult
Duang is getting off too easily, as I suspected.  I wish she would've suffered a bit more,  I feel bad for her husband, poor guy was helpless and hopeless and just ended his life like that.