[Ch3] Sai See Plerng (Makers Y Group)

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
If the Luerd Mungkorn series doesn't air this year, then, Sai See Plerng would have my vote as the best lakorn of this year, same as My Love From Another Star. I think I may be ending the 2014 year with Sai See Plerng and My Love From Another Star as my most beloved dramas because sadly, besides these two dramas, I didn't like any other dramas in both industries. I started some, ended some, but to say, did I enjoy them like Sai See Plerng and My Lover From Another Star? No.

I guess, it's true. For people who watched the previous version and actually remembered it, they most likely won't enjoy this remake. Just like how I didn't like Samee's or Samee Theetra's remakes YET a lot of fans found them really good. I remember tidbits of the previous version, but honestly speaking, I can't remember much to make comparisons, and I'm not going to either. I think each version has its own charm, fans, and audience.

Acting/Emotions: I love Pa'Jaew's directing. I love how the emotions, the love, the hate, the vulnerability, the transitioning feelings, and the development of each characters' hearts towards one another in this intricate circle are captured onscreen so well.  I've always loved how she elaborates, emphasizes, and zooms in on the characters' emotions, feelings, and human situations. She definitely brings out the best in her cast. This lakorn had no loose ends, no question marks, and each relationship was built very well. I liked that Sai never wavered as to who she loved. Sai remained loyal to only Buri. Sai's love and affection for Buri strongly showed through subtle YET powerful actions by the way she looked at him, her little side comments to Sorn about him, her complaints about him ignoring her, every time the child in her came out when she was near him, the way she tries to impress him, and so forth.
Chompoo as Sai: I'm not saying Chom is a great actress but she did well enough to know who she loved like Por, who she was using like Alek, and who she cared but did not love like Krit without much verbiage. Towards the end, Chom performed very well as the wounded, remorseful, and changed Sai. I, too, caved in and sympathized with her.
Por as Buri: Por did a fantastic performance as Buri. Por made Buri such a loving, highly respectable, honorable, loyal, dedicated, and charming gentleman, who had so much love for Sai and Chan. Por's eyes were filled with love, sorrow, and righteousness. I completely saw Por as Buri.
Chakrit as Charles/Chan: I honestly didn't really care about Krit in the beginning because he and Chom were odd in their scenes together but right when his love line with Look Sorn was introduced, boy, he just lit up like a shining star. Krit and Mew have great chemistry. There's something in Krit's eyes when he looks at Mew that made their chemistry quite unique. I can't explain it but it's full of love, warmth, and gentle hope. From the moment Chan met Sorn, Krit became Chan. I would like to seriously applaud Krit as Chan especially during the sad and emotional scenes towards the end like when he broke away from his Step Father and Mother to Sorn's death. This version made Chan's life really sad and lonely, which only made Sorn's departure even more heart breaking to watch. I haven't watched Krit in a long time and luckily, he totally made me adore him in here.
Mew as Look Sorn: Mew has this certain cute, feminine, gentle, and pure aura about her that makes any guy want to protect her. She was perfect as Look Sorn. I adore Mew as Mew but as Look Sorn, I totally loved her. Mew's acting has only gotten better and better with each new lakorn. Mew portrayed Sorn's lack of confidence, fears, low self esteem, softeness, and loving nature so naturally. The way she smiled to the way she cried and gazed at Chan, it made the audience feel how significant Chan's love is to her and her love is to him. I'm just so happy she had an opportunity to portray Look Sorn because without her, I probably wouldn't have enjoyed Sai See Plerng as much as this. I totally adore Mew and Chakrit together.
Alek as Patcharach: Lek played his role pretty good, annoying. Hahah.
Storyline/Script: What made me a huge fan of this version is the solid storyline and superb script. Every line that was exchanged and conversed in this lakorn were words of thorns, daggers, and truth. The end was not rushed, it made perfect sense. The pace from beginning to end was really good too. The words that Buri said to Sai and Look Sorn said to Chan were so heart jerking. I can't remember when was the last time I watched such a good lakorn like this, but Sai See Plerng definitely has won a spot in my heart. Everything from start to finish was tied in very well. Yes, Sai is supposed to be a bitch in this version. It is the 2014 Sai, who is sort of in your face bitch. Haha.
Music and Flashbacks: Mad props to the music director in here. All of the songs were amazing and full of emotions and also played at the perfect moments throughout the entire lakorn. Now, that's how you do an important flashback. So many lakorns these days either abuse the flashbacks or don't do them enough...well, it was perfect in here.
Couples: Again, I loved Krit as Chan and Mew as Look Sorn. Their chemistry was very good. But another pair that had pretty good chemistry was Por and Chom. Buri and Sai probably had the least scenes together yet every time they met, it always left me speechless due to the outstanding dialogue and solid chemistry between the two. Because I personally, in my own opinion, thought Tik and Anne sucked with their dry, boring, and colorless chemistry in Ya Leurm Chun, I, for a moment, thought, hey, Por and Chom would have been perfect for that type of yearning, long waiting, passionate, affectionate, I love you but I can't say it type of love. Hahah. Their eyes every time they came into a scene together was GOOOD.
The ending: This is my interpretation of the ending, Buri has forgiven Sai. Thus, he has been visiting her quite often for the past year in secret. Buri said he will visit her when he has forgiven her. Plus, as a birthday gift, he gave Sai a whole new jigsaw puzzle, which symbolizes their new beginning together. Buri has always advised Sai by using the jigsaw puzzle as a metaphor/analogy by saying that in reality, life isn't like a jigsaw puzzle. In a jigsaw puzzle, you can piece the wrong pieces together and then start over whenever you want but in reality, once you make a wrong move, you can't reverse it, so every action you take and every choice you make, you must think carefully and wisely. When Sai asked Buri when she'll receive a new Jampa flower, Buri smiled and said when it blooms again, he'll send her one and walked off with that smile giving a ray of hope between them. I like how they ended the lakorn. They didn't give us a happy ending with Buri and Sai in each other's arms YET they didn't give us a sad, Buri will never love Sai again ending either. They chose to give us an ending that concludes a chapter of life with a sprinkle of hope, with time, things will change for the better type concept.

Buri and Sai's relationship began with a jigsaw puzzle in the beginning and it'll again begin with it for the second time.

D~D

sarNie Adult
aiyaja said:
If the Luerd Mungkorn series doesn't air this year, then, Sai See Plerng would have my vote as the best lakorn of this year, same as My Love From Another Star. I think I may be ending the 2014 year with Sai See Plerng and My Love From Another Star as my most beloved dramas because sadly, besides these two dramas, I didn't like any other dramas in both industries. I started some, ended some, but to say, did I enjoy them like Sai See Plerng and My Lover From Another Star? No.
à
I guess, it's true. For people who watched the previous version and actually remembered it, they most likely won't enjoy this remake. Just like how I didn't like Samee's or Samee Theetra's remakes YET a lot of fans found them really good. I remember tidbits of the previous version, but honestly speaking, I can't remember much to make comparisons, and I'm not going to either. I think each version has its own charm, fans, and audience.
à
Acting/Emotions: I love Pa'Jaew's directing. I love how the emotions, the love, the hate, the vulnerability, the transitioning feelings, and the development of each characters' hearts towards one another in this intricate circle are captured onscreen so well.à I've always loved how she elaborates, emphasizes, and zooms in on the characters' emotions, feelings, and human situations. She definitely brings out the best in her cast. This lakorn had no loose ends, no question marks, and each relationship was built very well. I liked that Sai never wavered as to who she loved. Sai remained loyal to only Buri. Sai's love and affection for Buri strongly showed through subtle YET powerful actions by the way she looked at him, her little side comments to Sorn about him, her complaints about him ignoring her, every time the child in her came out when she was near him, the way she tries to impress him, and so forth.
Chompoo as Sai: I'm not saying Chom is a great actress but she did well enough to know who she loved like Por, who she was using like Alek, and who she cared but did not love like Krit without much verbiage. Towards the end, Chom performed very well as the wounded, remorseful, and changed Sai. I, too, caved in and sympathized with her.
Por as Buri: Por did a fantastic performance as Buri. Por made Buri such a loving, highly respectable, honorable, loyal, dedicated, and charming gentleman, who had so much love for Sai and Chan. Por's eyes were filled with love, sorrow, and righteousness. I completely saw Por as Buri.
Chakrit as Charles/Chan: I honestly didn't really care about Krit in the beginning because he and Chom were odd in their scenes together but right when his love line with Look Sorn was introduced, boy, he just lit up like a shining star. Krit and Mew have great chemistry. There's something in Krit's eyes when he looks at Mew that made their chemistry quite unique. I can't explain it but it's full of love, warmth, and gentle hope. From the moment Chan met Sorn, Krit became Chan. I would like to seriously applaud Krit as Chan especially during the sad and emotional scenes towards the end like when he broke away from his Step Father and Mother to Sorn's death. This version made Chan's life really sad and lonely, which only made Sorn's departure even more heart breaking to watch. I haven't watched Krit in a long time and luckily, he totally made me adore him in here.
Mew as Look Sorn: Mew has this certain cute, feminine, gentle, and pure aura about her that makes any guy want to protect her. She was perfect as Look Sorn. I adore Mew as Mew but as Look Sorn, I totally loved her. Mew's acting has only gotten better and better with each new lakorn. Mew portrayed Sorn's lack of confidence, fears, low self esteem, softeness, and loving nature so naturally. The way she smiled to the way she cried and gazed at Chan, it made the audience feel how significant Chan's love is to her and her love is to him. I'm just so happy she had an opportunity to portray Look Sorn because without her, I probably wouldn't have enjoyed Sai See Plerng as much as this. I totally adore Mew and Chakrit together.
Alek as Patcharach: Lek played his role pretty good, annoying. Hahah.
Storyline/Script: What made me a huge fan of this version is the solid storyline and superb script. Every line that was exchanged and conversed in this lakorn were words of thorns, daggers, and truth. The end was not rushed, it made perfect sense. The pace from beginning to end was really good too. The words that Buri said to Sai and Look Sorn said to Chan were so heart jerking. I can't remember when was the last time I watched such a good lakorn like this, but Sai See Plerng definitely has won a spot in my heart. Everything from start to finish was tied in very well.
Music and Flashbacks: Mad props to the music director in here. All of the songs were amazing and full of emotions and also played at the perfect moments throughout the entire lakorn. Now, that's how you do an important flashback. So many lakorns these days either abuse the flashbacks or don't do them enough...well, it was perfect in here.
Couples: Again, I loved Krit as Chan and Mew as Look Sorn. Their chemistry was very good. But another pair that had pretty good chemistry was Por and Chom. Buri and Sai probably had the least scenes together yet every time they met, it always left me speechless due to the outstanding dialogue and solid chemistry between the two. Because I personally, in my own opinion, thought Tik and Anne sucked with their dry, boring, and colorless chemistry in Ya Leurm Chun, I, for a moment, thought, hey, Por and Chom would have been perfect for that type of yearning, long waiting, passionate, affectionate, I love you but I can't say it type of love. Hahah. Their eyes every time they came into a scene together was GOOOD.
The ending: This is my interpretation of the ending, Buri has forgiven Sai. Thus, he has been visiting her quite often for the past year in secret. Buri said he will visit her when he has forgiven her. Plus, as a birthday gift, he gave Sai a whole new jigsaw puzzle, which symbolizes their new beginning together. Buri has always advised Sai by using the jigsaw puzzle as a metaphor/analogy by saying that in reality, life isn't like a jigsaw puzzle. In a jigsaw puzzle, you can piece the wrong pieces together and then start over whenever you want but in reality, once you make a wrong move, you can't reverse it, so every action you take and every choice you make, you must think carefully and wisely. When Sai asked Buri when she'll receive a new Jampa flower, Buri smiled and said when it blooms again, he'll send her one and walked off with that smile giving a ray of hope between them. I like how they ended the lakorn. They didn't give us a happy ending with Buri and Sai in each other's arms YET they didn't give us a sad, Buri will never love Sai again ending either. They chose to give us an ending that concludes a chapter of life with a sprinkle of hope, with time, things will change for the better type concept.
à
Buri and Sai's relationship began with a jigsaw puzzle in the beginning and it'll again begin with it for the second time.
I don't know but ... Damn Aiyaja !!!, ur soooooooo good at this. applause to u !! Lol

For REAL, ur sooooo good. I remember u writing one about Sud Sai Paan. Excited to read what ur write about Ngao Jai -Vill and Toomtam.

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
I'm a bit iffy with this lakorn. On one hand it had some things they handled better than Mew's verson but on the other strayed so far away from the old version. Paa Jaew went a whole other direction than the other version. Sai in this version was pretty heartless and evil while Mew's Sai wanted revenge but she still seemed to have at least cared for Sorn and I'm sure she wouldn't have shoved her into a pool. But I think it's better that Sai made up her mind on who she truly loved in this lakorn rather than the old version where you were confused but I'm think she loved Chan more than Buree in the old version. Also I like the character of Looksorn in this version, she didn't take advantage of Chan or went behind her own sister's back but rather she was led to Chan by Sai instead, making it hard to hate her, plus Mew's a cutie. She had so much chemistry with Alec that I really want them paired up again. What I didn't like was how Sai was made into a villain, she isn't really meant to be a villain and I feel like she's just a girl who's past has molded her into an unstable person. I also didn't like how she used sex as a weapon, Sai in the old version would have never slept with Chan and I didn't think Paa Jaew should have had Sai sleep with Chan here. However I thought that the lakorn was good even if it made Sai a different type of character, Chom did a good job, Alec was great as hotheaded Patchara, and Chakrit and Poh did good in their individual roles.

neenavaj

sarNie Adult
Mew and Chakrit have great chemistry. I wouldn’t mind seeing them pair up again.