[Ch5] Koo Kum (Exact)

rak_lakorn

sarNie Egg
midterms done!!!! and yay i finally caught up with you guys on koo gum!! thanks ceci for the translations as always!!! ( :D)
can't wait for spring break monday and tuesday!!!

cecilia

Staff member
Bieluvr said:
Hey, Bie and Noona had more than one musical together, one was Banlang Mek and the other was Ruk Jub Jai, these are the two i know, not sure if there are more. :)
I haven't seen Roy leh Sanae Rai, but if it's Bie, I'll watch anything. LOL :)
Those are the only two .. Noona was not famous during Banlang Mek time .. she hit it big due to HELLO STRANGER and since then she continues to be a household name ... I wanna watch RUK JUB JAI though ..

Oh, didn't they get married in Banlang Mek too?

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
I agree, she wasn't that famous in Banlang Mek which makes me feel bad that i didn't know her then, but glad that now i do. I want to see all of Bie's musicals, but i don't think i can. Really hoping the Ruk Jub Jai Dvd's come ou soon and that they're really making it. I'll pay anything to get it. Monday's coming soon, but not soon enough, Really can't wat to watch next eisodes. :p

cikna

sarNie Adult
I was talking to Nda the other day, how we both personally don't really feel r-scene shown in many lakorns because sometimes that scene doesn't really make sense and it seemed to me as a viewer that most pra'eks were just doing it mainly for lust. love might be the second or third reason. sometimes, the love is not even there! it looked "unattractive and cheap". once in a while I would think this act is sooo wrong and it's just a heinous crime against women. perhaps, the director/writer/actor may originally intended for it to show how much passionate love the pra'eks have for their nang'eks. But most of time, personally I think they fail to translate that into acting due to various reasons - unsuitable voice tone with the feelings the actors try to portray, no or not much conviction/too much conviction in performance, dull expressions, and the eyes looked "dead" - i tend to compare actors to public speakers because both require almost similar criteria. and the nang'ek seems to be too acceptive of what deed committed by the pra'ek. In some lakorns, the nang'ek were not willing at all but everything seemed forgiven later. What bothers me was, after the pra'ek has successfully "took advantage" of the nang'ek, he plays with her emotions like making her jealous when she doesn't give in or follow what he wants(usually for silly matters).

But in Koogum 2013, I totally get it why Kobori did what he did.  Kobori is a respectful man, especially towards women. after watching few previous episodes, he treats ang's mom, grandma and aunties in village like a gentleman that he is. And we all know, he loves his mother so much and misses her like crazy to the point when he was attacked in ang's orchard, he dreamt about his mother. I imagined that Kobori, when he was child, he stuck to his mother like glue. Follow her everywhere she goes. when he sees her, he immediately glows. he watches her putting make up and dress. that might explains he knows how take off a woman's kimono, her head piece and cleans her face from make up (what he did for ang on their wedding night :drools:   ) When he was sober, his moral obligation keeps reminding him of his promise to her; even when they are married, he would not touch her without her consent

I think being married to Ang was his salvation. He felt there was a very small hope for him to win her heart. I think he senses that Ang also
have feelings for him but he dares not to hope too muchWe all saw how he suspected that Ang was hiding something that might contradicts with his responsibility for his country. He keeps on drinking alcohol, thinking it might help him forget. But when the villagers pulled ang so that they can have their first dance as husband and wide, it was clearly shown in his eyes and smile thinking he may have a special moment with his wife. But ang just left him there, in front of the villagers. It was not shame that he felt, but more of being heartbroken. So, he resorts to alcohol..

After so loooooong he bottled up his love and passion for ang and keeping to himself all the ill-treatments ang gave her, he finally gave in to his desire and become honest with how he really feels for her, without feeling any obligation to keep his promise when he became drunk. I think he resorted to use force with ang because she is legally "his". Making love to her was exclusive, it is his right as her husband. He has never mistreated her (except for that time when he kissed on dock and she scratched him even though in actual reality ang was not that unwilling!). He has always respected her and her family. And he loves both of her strengths and weaknesses. Plus, somewhere deep in his heart, he knows she has feelings for him.

i got to stop writing for now. need to go and rewatch more previous episodes of Koogum 2013.

NdA

1023er ^^:BieNa :^^
LOL cikna I can’t stop myself on rambling & analyse rape scene in Thai lakorn. As you had done great job on elaborating the typical nature of rape scene in Thai lakorn, you took the words right out of my mouth. Just want to add Angsumalin was my best nang’ek so far, she dares to fight back where is in contrast to other nang’ek, they too weak to fight back & screaming out of their lungs seems like screaming will help their out of hideous danger.

So Cikna, Ang has realised kobori had fully right to touch her as a husband and by the end she willing to give in right. To me it not rape scene, the battling between them was intro (lol sorry please excuse my pervert thought) before proceed to next stage... :wub:

p/s: happy for Bie winning an award, he indeed a great singer

ookii

sarNie Hatchling
Bieluvr said:
Tut jai mai wai, reminds me of Bie's song from Roy Adeed Hang Ruk. LOL, ut still love it, Gun's voice is so hot and soothing.

LOL...i thought i was the only one who thought of Roy Adeed Hang Ruk when listening to Gun's tu jai mai wai....and i got addicted to it because it's so sad.
anyway speaking of it....bie's song "tut jai mai wai" totally match his feelings for ang in Koo Kum.

glad to know bie won the 9Entertain award....

roselovesice

방탄소년단 x Bangtan Sonyeondan x JiTaew
Thanks ceci for the translation. Totally appreciate it! :D I am excited for the next episode yet I am not. The ending is getting closer day by day. 555
I just want sweet, romantic scenes of my kobori and angsumalin. Nothin' else. Kobori hasn't even return home and slept at home yet. The boy needs to start soon! 555 Anyhoo, I don't know what else to spazz about. lol Oh! Congratulations to Bie! He totally deserves it. My baby, he deserves more the next 50+ years. Hehe. Thanks for sharing you guys! :D 

looksy

sarNie Adult
Cikna, please comment more. I love your insights and you have a way of wording everything so well. If any drama deserves to be dissected, it's this one. Please post more often.

Yes, I do agree with r-scenes and how they can leave a nasty taste in our mouth. I used to get upset after falling in love with a pra ek/character and then the director/screenwriter puts in a senseless r-scene just to add spice to the lakorn. But over the years of watching them, I think we've all grown a sort of tolerance for them, for r-scenes are just the nature of Thai lakorns. I've always said that no matter how great the character is, his greatest character flaw is that he's a pra ek in a Thai lakorn, LOL.

But yes, this is the one time where an r-scene makes sense for the advancement of the storyline. We all know how strong willed Ang is and even though we see moments when her heart just simply melts for Kobori, I don't think she would ever allow herself to give into her heart if she wasn't forced into it. And of course, we know how sweet and respectful Kobori is to Ang. He would not dare touch her without her consent. If he was sober, he would have never allowed himself to violate and hurt her that way. So what is the author to do to get them intimate.......the pra ek will die and the nang ek will need a baby as as reminder of their love for one another.......it makes the storyline that much sadder and that more meaningful to have Kobori not even live to see the birth of his son and Ang is always reminded of him because through her son she sees him. (I'm crying just thinking about the ending) ........but yes, the r works for this storyline and we do understand why he did what he did at that moment. In most lakorns, the rape is senseless and unnecessary and was just a way for the cocky pra ek to stake ownership of the nang ek. For Kobori, it wasn't because he was lustful or needed to win her over, it was bottled up disappointments that found it's way to the surface after the alcohol clouded his judgement and allowed him to give in to his desires for her.

We all see how deeply sorry and hurt he was in the apology. He did explain himself perfectly pouring his heart out to her and then again in scene at the dock. The only thing that he could think about that day was if she could forgive him or not. I get the feeling that for Kobori, he can live with the fact that she hates him because he is Japanese (because he represents everything she hates about the war), but he can't live with the fact that her hate for him is the result of his hurtful actions.

@Nda, I didn't notice it before, but in the apology, the footage from the flasbacks of the r-scene are slightly different. Ang was definitely more accepting of his touch, how she slightly brushed her hand along his shoulder, and how the other hand was relaxed when Kobori released it.  Definitely, Ang sort of gave in to her own desires as well. Now, if we can only get another willing, I would be in lakorn heaven. :wub: 

Mae

sarNie Adult
roselovesice said:
Thanks ceci for the translation. Totally appreciate it! :D I am excited for the next episode yet I am not. The ending is getting closer day by day. 555
I just want sweet, romantic scenes of my kobori and angsumalin. Nothin' else. Kobori hasn't even return home and slept at home yet. The boy needs to start soon! 555 Anyhoo, I don't know what else to spazz about. lol Oh! Congratulations to Bie! He totally deserves it. My baby, he deserves more the next 50+ years. Hehe. Thanks for sharing you guys! :D

I am hoping for lots of sweet scenes once Kobori returns home! I want to see Kobori and Angsumalin together, and happily as well. In Bird and Kwang's version, they showed us quite a few lovely and happy scenes between Kobori and Angsumalin. Bie and Noona's version hasn't disappointed me at all, so I'm very hopeful :dance1: Aww, I just love this version.. I know I've said it too many times, but my excitement and love for this version is beyond what I can express...which I why I appreciate the way everyone else can express their feelings better with words...it's like what I'm feeling, but instead I'm jumping up and down rather than writing... :dance3:

NdA

@looksy & Cikna I really love reading you guys’ insightful interpretations & reviews. I’ve learned a lot from both of you. I’m defer to you guys expertise in the lakorn as I am a relative newbie to the lakorn world. I also amused by everyone insightful views and comments here. Before I used to be silent reader in any forums, although regularly kept up with other people’s views and comments on my favourite threads but I almost never commented on anything since I’m not very good with my words & opinions. I remember the moment I decided to join Asianfuse was because I’ve found a hot spoiler picture of koo gum, I wasn't able to contain my feelings to share it. @looksy agreed with you, koo gum was spazz-worthy lakorn.  I love how the screenwriters have made Kobori character lovable & respectable. ‘sigh’ sadly guy like Kobori almost  extinct in this world.

BTW anyone here know Kobori’s full name?

cikna

sarNie Adult
NdA said:
@looksy & Cikna I really love reading you guys’ insightful interpretations & reviews. I’ve learned a lot from both of you. I’m defer to you guys expertise in the lakorn as I am a relative newbie to the lakorn world. I also amused by everyone insightful views and comments here. Before I used to be silent reader in any forums, although regularly kept up with other people’s views and comments on my favourite threads but I almost never commented on anything since I’m not very good with my words & opinions. I remember the moment I decided to join Asianfuse was because I’ve found a hot spoiler picture of koo gum, I wasn't able to contain my feelings to share it. @looksy agreed with you, koo gum was spazz-worthy lakorn.  I love how the screenwriters have made Kobori character lovable & respectable. ‘sigh’ sadly guy like Kobori almost  extinct in this world.

BTW anyone here know Kobori’s full name?
Yeah, i was about to ask the same thing too. what is kobori real name? I mean, his family name.

Just finished watching episode 5 and 6 (with most parts without subs. so, i just imagine what they are saying..hehehe..). There are so many ways we can describe ang. But I'm just going to simply say she is ONE CONFUSED woman! Poor thing. Confusion no. 1: Her hearts likes and falls for Kobori but her mind says he's Japanese. All Japanese men are bad. Kobori is a Japanese. So, Kobori is bad.  Liking/loving him is an act of betrayal to her sense of patriotism for her countrymen. COnfusion no. 2: She makes and tries very hard to keep her promise to Vanus, thinking that is the right thing to do. But at the same time, unconsciously (on her part), she gives Kobori signals that she actually likes and has feelings for him, making the pitiful man has hopes of winning her heart completely. If you think you have made a promise to another man and that promise must be kept, then don't give the wrong idea to another man who is as clear as crystal loves her with all his fibre being.Confusion no 3: She made it very clear that she doesn't want Kobori in the room when she is changing (during their wedding night. I think Kobori looked the other way when she undressed and got dressed. Kobori even put the blind between them. But our girl, sneakily peeked at her husband. and why is that? if you don't like someone to the core, why do you wanna see him half naked?? :scratchhead2: . Confusion no. 4: She doesn't like to be forced, let alone be touched by Kobori. Yeah, she put up a fight when he kissed her on the deck near her house (scratching his back with her nails) and before he made love to her. But then we all know  :secret: she willingly accepts most of his advances before and after they got married. Unconsciously, deep in her heart and mind (too deep that she can't see or maybe doesn't want to see), she accepts the fact she is now his wife, legally and spiritually bound to him. And their consummation is not wrong in the eyes of the law and god

I find it ironic in one scene where there was this festival going on at the temple, where children gather around and they played a game in which one person would move around with a some sort of a cloth in his/her hand and put it behind a person he/she chooses. If i'm not mistaken, she was the one who asked Kobori to play and how excited she was, running after him when he put the cloth behind her. if you really don't like someone, hating him to the bone, why asks him to play with you? Oh, ok. That is confusion no. 5   :scratchhead2:

I'm excited to see what will happen after ang finally realises that she loves kobori dearly and denying that fact would just hurt both of them. it's going to be sweet and romantic between them. Can't wait to watch that! :woot:

I think Ang is the opposite side of Kobori but they share many similar aspirations about life. That is why the chemistry and attraction between them is so strong . I like that Kobori is persistent but not forceful in trying to win Ang's heart. It's just that, like how many of us here would say, the bipolar side of Ang made things complicated between them. Just like Kobori said, "You never please me...". Yeah, we too felt unpleasant seeing how hurtful Kobori was everything Ang "attacked" him venomous words.

I guess the director purposely portrayed in such a way so that towards the end when Kobori died, she will feel how Kobori felt or worse when the one that you love hurt or leave you. Thinking about the ending makes me feel blue now.... :cry:

NdA

WOW Cikna, you're brilliant...very well analysis on Angsumalin character
Yeah, i was about to ask the same thing too. what is kobori real name? I mean, his family name.
 Hope anything not similar to this name Tomoyuki Yamashita ( I'll got bipolar even more severe than Ang just hearing/reading about this person)

looksy

sarNie Adult
Yes, Ang is one confused girl. It takes a special man to love a woman like Ang. I would imagine most men of that time, and even in our time, would consider her independent mind and fire to be too exhausting. In this lakorn, no nang ria is needed because Ang is her own nang rai. She's her own obstacle and this lakorn is doing a good job with showing us her internal struggles between love, hate, loyalty, and duty.....like the ending scene of her at the dock as she watches him leave in the boat. She slightly smiles to herself while watching him, but soon afterwards finds herself feeling guilty for being happy and she can't help but think of Wanut.....and sadly for us, this foreshadows Wanut's return.

Awe, think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts.....sweets scenes are coming for our beloved pair. Can't wait to see Kobori's adorable smile as Ang takes on the role of dutiful wife.

teedee

sarNie Oldmaid
ahhh...can't wait to see this scene...look so cute/sweet!  this scene airing this coming tue.
Noona is really shy in this scene. so Bie teases her" the weather is not even hot, why's your face red" haha. they're so cute! wanna see bts of this scene

teedee

sarNie Oldmaid
scream!!! Bie talks about the rawr scene in koo kum at the concert before he sings the ost. he's such a joker, so cute! his words make fans shy& think far..if it's true like he say "angsumalin is his on screen and real life". us fans will be so happy if they are a real couple..so Bie pls take responsibility in what you say. u are giving fans hope.haha..hope after koo kum Bie/Noona will get to pair up again and w/happy ending this time, while fans is obsess about them, exact should continue their sizzling chemistry
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVgSrQ01jwU&list=LLCK5AFLekpo_yDjVtaLVG4g&feature=mh_lolz
cr: CatMatdz3

cikna

sarNie Adult
teedee said:
ahhh...can't wait to see this scene...look so cute/sweet!
Noona is really shy in this scene. so Bie teases her" the weather is not even hot, why's your face red" haha. they're so cute!

smokes coming out of my head right now!!! when would this be aired? this week i hope.  

there, i see it again, a confused woman in the arms of her very loving and devoted husband (not to mention a beautiful man too!). ang dear, why do you have to complicate simple things? yeah, she has this habit of complicating what is simpla and simplifying what is complicated. A simple thing: he loves her, and she loves him. solution: just be together already! we have this term in malay language when a person plays hard to get- "jual mahal"! (direct translation: selling it expensively). A complicated thing: she puts kobori in a very sticky situation helping out the rebels, and not being very careful about it and kobori has to clean up the mess. she knows that by helping the rebels/ free thai movement would not jeopardise her own family but also Kobori's. And only after it is over, she regrets her actions. There's nothing wrong fighting for what you believe and doing it because of you sense of patriotism. But do it smartly and discretely so that the people you care for and love won't be in harm's way. She is like a transparent glass. Kobori can see her through.

Yup, she is bipolar and confused. But I still love her! :dance3:

NdA

@teedee I feel like my heart is about to burst just look at the spoiler & reading your posts
Noona is really shy in this scene. so Bie teases her" the weather is not even hot, why's your face red" haha. they're so cute!

I'm squeeling at this... :woot2:
@cikna LOL at "jual mahal' term, it suit Ang..I want to add another term - "malu tapi mahu"  :lol: