[Ch5] Koo Kum (Exact)

roselovesice

방탄소년단 x Bangtan Sonyeondan x JiTaew
March 5th, 1940?!?!?!? If I was born during that time, it was 10 days before my birthday!!! KYAAAA! I would be so depress. LOL Good thing this was not a true story, love story line to be exact. If it was, that'll be really depressing. LOL Anyways, yeah. They don't dare change the ending. People would probably shank them if they do change it. 555 It's too bad that Kobori has to die. I still don't understand why the author would let Kobori die. If I was to be an author, that'll be too hard for me to kill off the main characters, or one of them. But yes, like someone mentioned earlier, it would have ended bad regardless if he dies or not since the Japanese did lose the war. Sigh. No matter which path we choose, it'll all end up sad and bad. This is so complicated. 555 
And oh! If the screenwriter was talking about the timeline, this is where I get all curious about the time range from them both knowing each other to their marriage life/pregnancy to the death..again. Haha.

Mae

sarNie Adult
I will forever love Kobori... It's so cute when he's sulking and kinda ignoring Angsumalin by refusing her help to sharpen the pencils...clearly giving her a taste of her own medicine, and Angsumalin can't take it either!

NdA

1023er ^^:BieNa :^^
the timeline of the lakorn and on March 5th, 1940 is when Kobori dies.
I’m confused on the timeline of this lakorn, why does Kobori died before Japanese Invasion? Japanese soldiers invaded Thailand on 8 December 1941 before Japanese troops marched to Malaya (Malaysia) & Burma (Myanmar) for force invading on the next day. Sorry I’m might taken koo gum lakorn’s timeline a bit serious but can’t help myself as a history buff to justify it since Koo gum background & period was taken place during WWII and it was a true event.

Kobori shouldn’t died early than he should be (on denying mood) :lmao:

NdA said:
I’m confused on the timeline of this lakorn, why does Kobori died before Japanese Invasion? Japanese soldiers invaded Thailand on 8 December 1941 before Japanese troops marched to Malaya (Malaysia) & Burma (Myanmar) for force invading on the next day. Sorry I’m might taken koo gum lakorn’s timeline a bit serious but can’t help myself as a history buff to justify it since Koo gum background & period was taken place during WWII and it was a true event.

Kobori shouldn’t died early than he should be (on denying mood) :lmao:

Sometimes producers are silly with the actual historical dates but put aside all the history, a lakorn based on actual events is what makes it interesting. What sucks is that Kobori has to die. He shouldn't die early than he should? Heck, he shouldn't die at all! But that's what makes Koo Gum a depressing lakorn because pra'ek dies. Not only that, he dies while his wife is pregnant with their child, which sucks even more. On the positive side, Bie and Noona portrayed their roles perfectly and has amazing chemistry and that is what makes this lakorn good and depressing.

cecilia

Staff member
I won't translated the rest of the episode b/c they're very short and most of them aren't that important ..

However, I'd like to make a comment that it's so sweet of Ang to lean her head onto him after she finished vomiting --- a sign of TRUST .. she TRUST and love him so deeply ... Now, i'm going to cry a river thinking about the future T_T

moonstar

sarNie Adult
cecilia said:
I won't translated the rest of the episode b/c they're very short and most of them aren't that important ..

However, I'd like to make a comment that it's so sweet of Ang to lean her head onto him after she finished vomiting --- a sign of TRUST .. she TRUST and love him so deeply ... Now, i'm going to cry a river thinking about the future T_T

I noticed that too and it was sweet and show how much their relationship progressed.

roselovesice

I think the whole reason why we don't want Kobori to die is because his character is a character to die for. Who doesn't want a guy like him? He's such a sweet, silly yet pitiful guy. We don't want to lose something so good, like him. Haha. I think if his character wasn't like this, I wouldn't be as depress but because his character is, I am and will be depress over it more than I should on a daily basis. 555 It's okay Ceci. You did as much as you can and you did a great job. :) Thank you! 

And yes, that scene was so sweet. I remember I had to rewatch it a couple of times because it was so  :crush:  Hehe. 

looksy

sarNie Adult
As sad as his death was, it's really his death that solidifies this storyline in our hearts. His death makes us think beyond the ending, makes us ache that much more for the characters, and in turns, makes us look back at our own lives and teaches us to not take love for granted. 

Plus, through his death, the author was able to allow Kobori to fully evolve into everything that this man stands for.....a true warrior...fighting for love and fighting for his country. Like Moonstar said, Kobori had compromised his men's safety all of those times he helped Ang with the POW and looked the other way because of love. I'm sure that his decision to help Ang tormented him because as Ang has her struggles between love, hate, duty, and loyaly, Kobori has the same struggles as well. At the end, he was able to give his life for his country. He died in peace knowing that he redeemed himself, did his duty for his country and he died in peace knowing that the woman he loves had already FULLY given her heart to him a long time ago.

*Sighs* Meaningful lakorns/storylines like Koo Kum are difficult to come by, but one good news I wanted to share with you girls. Exact will officially release the DVD box sets of Koo Kum starting tomorrow. The first box set will include the first 10 episode and the remainder of the lakorn will be released in late April. I'm going to be the proud owner of this lakorn. I'm so happy that they are releasing it b/c not many lakorns get released officially from Exact and their decision to release it was fast too. 

@ Fantastic_27, watch it. You won't regret it. I recommend this lakorn with all my heart. 

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
Wow, release already?!!!! Normally it wouldn't be until a month after it's done airing. I'm so glad it being released already though. Thanks for the info. :p

Mae

sarNie Adult
Looksy, can you share where we can buy the DVD set from Exact? I'll wait until the entire lakorn airs, but I would love to get me a set. This version is just too good to not have my own version.

moofangz810

sarNie Egg
Thanks so much, Cecilia, for your wonderful translations. :D. I CAN'T STOP WATCHING EPISODE 18.. hehe..
Can I ask a favour from you? I really want to know what they were saying in these few scenes though.. if it's not too troublesome for you..

1)The scene where Ang's mum and Ang were talking at the dock
2) The scene where Ang took clothes for Koburi just before they sleep
3) The scene just after the bombing, Ang's Granny and mum were saying something to Ang that makes her feel shy

roselovesice

I'm excited that the first box set is out! My sister is going to buy it for me as a late birthday present. She's determine to regardless. 555 It's only because she likes Gun Napat a lot. -_-" lol 

Mae said:
Looksy, can you share where we can buy the DVD set from Exact? I'll wait until the entire lakorn airs, but I would love to get me a set. This version is just too good to not have my own version.
You can purchase it here. It's already out. :)

http://www.ethaicd.com/show.php?pid=72701

And moofangz810, There's no subtitles. They aren't that advance yet, no offense to them or anyone. 555 

Reactions: Mae

cikna

sarNie Adult
I believe in Ang's confused mind as well as because of her pride , she is being nice and caring to Kobori because of the promise / trade that they made. She will "not be his enemy" as long as he is here and until Vanus return and will please Kobori and gives him the affection that he longs for all this while. Yes, in one perspective, Ang is not being fair to Kobori and herself. Her seemingly "calculative" acts towards Kobori are just part of the agreement that she had with him. But we all know what she said and did in Episode 18 were not just "acts" They were sincere projection of how she really felt for Kobori. The "promise/agreement/trade" is just a facade to cover up her true feelings for him and it's like a her own justification for her feelings she has for her Kobori . She is like saying these to herself: "I'm smiling at him / I'm looking into his eyes / I'm touching him or vice versa / I'm letting him hug me / I'm giving in to his advances / I'm letting him sleep close to me because our agreement and nothing more" Come on! Open your eyes, mind and heart Ang! You are helplessly in love with him.

cikna

sarNie Adult
cecilia said:
To teach Kobori how it feel to lose someone he love - a son (she's putting herself in Vanus' parent's shoe)
Crazy girl! She regrets bad after he left her alone to be bed ridden for a few days at home :(

I totally disgree with this action of hers! The child is innocent, regardless whoever the father is. In this case, Ang totally loves the father but is blinded by pride and honour. There are times I feel, Kobori's death is karma for Ang as she would feel and understand the pain and suffering had to go through when he was alive due to her treatment towards him. Her pain would be greater and almost unbearable. I think without Kobori's child she is carrying, she would have killed herself. The child is a reminder of how great Kobori's love for her. Thus, it is his love that would save Ang. I also think that is why the writer "killed" Kobori in the story. 

In comparison to Benz's "Angsumalin" in Koogum 2004, Noona's "Angsumalin" in Koogum 2013 is made to look more "cruel" that many times pisses off the audience due her harsh treatment towards Kobori. Kudos to Noona for portraying Angsumalin differently and successfully!

moofangz810

sarNie Egg
roselovesice said:
I'm excited that the first box set is out! My sister is going to buy it for me as a late birthday present. She's determine to regardless. 555 It's only because she likes Gun Napat a lot. -_-" lol 

You can purchase it here. It's already out. :)

http://www.ethaicd.com/show.php?pid=72701

And moofangz810, There's no subtitles. They aren't that advance yet, no offense to them or anyone. 555 
 Oh.... I thought if the DVD set comes with subtitles, I will definitely buy it for keepsake as this is my first Thai drama that I've watched and I like Bie and Noona so much.. But without subtitles, i wouldn't be able to understand what they would be saying since I don't understand Thai language.. :(

cecilia

Staff member
moofangz810 said:
Thanks so much, Cecilia, for your wonderful translations. :D. I CAN'T STOP WATCHING EPISODE 18.. hehe..
Can I ask a favour from you? I really want to know what they were saying in these few scenes though.. if it's not too troublesome for you..

1)The scene where Ang's mum and Ang were talking at the dock
2) The scene where Ang took clothes for Koburi just before they sleep
3) The scene just after the bombing, Ang's Granny and mum were saying something to Ang that makes her feel shy
Outside on dock:
Mom: I say it's b/c of
fate, dear.  Things will be what we've created.  Dokmali, other than
being another ethic group, there's no flaw in him at all.

Ang: But ...

Mom: He's a good person, dear.

Mom:
For us woman, the most happiness is when we're married and have a
family of our own.  Regardless if it's good or bad, we have to keep
building more to make it prosperous (talking about making a relationship
last well).  And you also married him already.  Dear, don't look at him
badly.  I want you to look deeper into him (see the good side of him). 
And in the future, time might make you change your mind. 

Ang: ok

Ang got up and walked away .. but mom stopped her.

Mom: Ang, does he knows about Vanus?

Ang: He's aware.  He told me that ... on the day i want my freedom, he'll give it to me.

Mom:
Ao! He's not right by saying this at all, dear.  You're not an object.
How can he give you away so easily?  What if Vanus learn of this ...
what will he think? We don't know it yet. (she's talking about the
marriage between the two - perhaps, Vanus might think of something else
instead of what Ang's trying to do now.)

In their bedroom:

Kobori: Hideko, if you're tired, go ahead and sleep. Don't worry about me.

Ang tried to brush the mosquitoes away.

Ang: You should take a bath first and then come back to continue your work.

Ang went toward the closet to take out his clothes.

Kobori: Hideko, it's alright. I can do/take it out (myself).

Ang: It's alright.

Kobori left what he was doing and crawled toward Ang.

Kobori: I will never forget this moment even though it is short ..

Ang was reminded of the tradeoff promise .. Kobori noticed her facial expression and apologized.

Kobori: I'm sorry ... if I say something wrong to you.  Please forget it. I'll try to forget it that I don't have much time too.

Kobori left for a bath :wub:

Next morning:

Ang came in to tell Kobori that breakfast is ready.

Ang: Kobori, breakfast is ready.

Kobori: Yes.

Kobori walked wearing suspender pant lmao

Kobori: Today is my day off. You came right in time. I was going to go and inform you too.

Ang: Yes? What did you say?

Kobori: Please come out with me.  Please. Change to a pretty dress too. 

Ang: You ...

Kobori pulled her toward the closet and opened it.

Kobori: Per guidance (referring to their promise deal).

Ang: But I ...

Kobori: Please ... do as I like.

He looked around the closet for clothes and take out a top/skirt.

Kobori: Here, this one.

She smiled and took it from his hand as he smile and walked out ..

Kobori: Hurry, please.

He was about to close the door but notice the stun Ang and commented, "Should I help you?"

Ang: Don't.

Bombing scene:

Kobori grabbed onto Ang and said, "Go to sleep. I'm here .. Don't worry."

He held onto her, "Close your eyes."

She slowly follow his order and fell asleep (OMG, i have to add that this
was one of the saddest scene --- b/c future bombing scene will not be
like this again when he's not there .. Oh, my broken heart T_T).

Bombing is over:

Kobori: Hideko (as he tried to wake her up)

Mom: This child .. the bomb dropped so much and yet she still able to fall asleep.

Ang: I'm awake.

Granny: Who was it that fell asleep earlier to have Dokmali watch/slap them mosquitoes away? Who?

Ang: Well (running out of excuses lol)

Kobori: Let's go home. Let me get up to help granny first.

In the kitchen - making milk glasses:

Kobori: There's milk powder, coffee, and ...

Ang: It's alright. I'll handle this. Please go out first.

Kobori: Let me help you.

Ang went to grab three glasses to set it on the tray.

Kobori: Why are there only three cups?

Ang: Well .. for you, for mom, and for grandma.

Kobori: And you?

Ang: I'm not hungry.

*** Ang came out of the kitchen with the cups of milk.. She handed everyone their milk ..

Ang: You ..

Kobori took out the milk glass.

Kobori: For you. I made it.

Ang: Thank you .. but I told you I'm not hungry.

Kobori: It's alright .. just drink a little. You seems to lose some weight.  You should eat more.

Ang: I really can't handle it.

Kobori: You haven't eat much lately .. just a little bit of rice or at times not at all.  You don't look so good (she looks like she's getting sick).  Should you see a doctor? Or should I have the doc come here?

Ang: It's unnecessary. I'm fine .. just a bit tired, that's all.

Kobori: Then you shouldn't work too much, understand?

Kobori handed her the cup, "Hideko, have a little of it. It's still hot."

Ang: It smells.

Kobori: Drink it all. This is an order.

She followed his order :wub:

Ang took a sip.

Kobori: A little more .. finish it all.

Ang took another sip.

Kobori: Good job .. you'll gain more blood.

Ang rushed out to vomit .. followed by Kobori.

Kobori: Hideko

Mom: Ang, whats' wrong, dear.

Granny: Go and take a look.

Kobori: Hideko, you're not feeling well, right?  You're sweating.

Ang: I'm alright ...

She finished puking and asked for water ..

Kobori: Water? Please wait.

Mom: The water is there ..

Kobori: Water, Hideko.

Ang drank and vomited it out.

Kobori: Careful or you'll choke.

Ang rested on Kobori's chest from exhaustion.

Kobori: Let me take you to rest ..

--- In their bedroom --

Kobori: I probably took you out for too long (play for too much) to make you feel hot .. or perhaps, you sleep less these days.

Kobori pulled the blanket to cover Ang.

Kobori: I'll bring the doc tomorrow to check on you.

Ang: Don't .. I just feel a bit dizzy (does this make sense .. like she's going to faint *scratch head*)

Kobori took out a bowl of water and a towel to wipe her sweat, "Let me wash away your sweat. There are lots of it."

The smell of the towel got to her ...

Ang: Don't .. it smells.

Kobori brought it up to his nose, smelled it and said, "This scent is from the one you've always used."

Ang: That's it .. I haven't use it .. it smells .. makes me dizzy.

Kobori: It's alright .. let me change for a bowl of water.

** He walked out ..

Mom: Dokmali, how's Ang?

Kobori: She's resting ...

Granny: How's her condition?

Kobori:
She doesn't have a fever .. she'll feel better after a few minutes of
rest but she complained earlier that the scent from this towel smell.

** GRANNY and Mom are shocked ****