Dilwale‬ 2015

Step

Mrs James Ma
'The much-anticipated film’s trailer received mixed reactions from the fans. But this hasn’t deterred SRK’s confidence in the film or its fate at the box office. In a recent interaction with a leading newspaper, the actor shared his take on the mixed reaction the film’s trailer received on the social media.
SRK shared, "I think the storyline is interesting; trailer doesn't really tell enough of the story. It's dramatic in the typical Rohit Shetty manner, but what's more is that he (Rohit) has taken the legacy of Kajol and me as eternal lovers, retained that kind of romance and dignity, and woven a story around it. And it is garnished with his typical madness." He further added, "To be honest, I didn't want the trailer to divulge too much. It is just a montage rather than really telling the film's story. I am deliberately holding back with this one because I think that aspect should come as a pleasant surprise. You seldom get commercial films that have something beyond what you expect. But having said that, it is a film by Rohit Shetty, who likes blowing up cars. Each filmmaker has a style - Yash Chopra saree udaate they, Rohit Shetty gadi udaata hai. Karan Johar does movies on society, Imtiaz Ali's films show darkness in love stories and Anurag Kashyap makes edgy films. They all have their own style.”
SRK is quite active on the social media platforms. And when the superstar was questioned about the reactions received on social media for Dilwale’s trailer, he answered, “I don't check on that; my office does that for me. But I can say that the feedback we get on ground is very different from what we get on online. Social media is exciting and fun, but you can't go by that feedback because it can be quite misleading, positively or negatively. Only a minority goes online to check about films. It is definitely not the right way of measuring the real response to anything. I would rather go by what I hear on ground."
Well, we would like to believe you King Khan, and hope that the film will be well received by the audiences. Unlike, the trailer!'

cr IANS

Step

Mrs James Ma
‘Bajirao Mastani’ and ‘Dilwale’ in 2015’s biggest Bollywood marketing war

The weekend of 18 December is a much-awaited one at the Indian box office. That’s when Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s period drama Bajirao Mastani and Rohit Shetty’s romantic action comedy Dilwale will both release, and go head to head.
The run-up will be marked by a massive promotional campaign that industry experts estimate will cost in excess of Rs.50 crore.
According to a person close to the development who did not want to be identified, the marketing budget for Dilwale,starring Shah Rukh Khan (SRK) and Kajol (it’s her first film in five years) is estimated to be Rs.30-40 crore, while that forBajirao Mastani will be around Rs.20 crore.
“The pressure here is on Dilwale because it’s SRK, Kajol and Rohit Shetty coming together. For Dilwale to be a success, it needs to do at least Rs.250 crore (of business at the box office),” added the person.
Vinit Karnik, national director, entertainment at media buying company GroupM, says promotional strategies adopted by both films have been quite different.
“Bajirao took the traditional, three-month route, peaking the excitement, settling down and then peaking again. Dilwalestarted in the last 40 days to begin at the peak and stay there,” he said. While Bajirao’s appeal lies in its grandeur, scale and Bhansali’s reputation as a great filmmaker,Dilwale is expected to bring its own share of audiences for Khan, who is regarded as the country’s biggest entertainer.
The teaser of Bhansali’s magnum opus was released by production company Eros International in July, nearly five months before release, along with an Eros-distributed filmBajrangi Bhaijaan. Dilwale came out with a trailer soon after Diwali and has just launched its first song.
“We wanted to get the message across that this isn’t a film like any other,” said Prerna Singh, chief marketing officer at Eros International. “This is India’s biggest love story for international audiences and Bajrangi gave us that kind of a reach. I think we hit home.”
To reach out especially to international audiences, the trailer is being attached to the new James Bond film,Spectre, in the UK and the US.
The teaser was followed by elaborate song launches.Gajanana, a devotional song from the film (in honour of Ganesha) was launched coinciding with Ganesh Chaturthi, and Eros followed it up by reaching out to women audiences with Deewani Mastani and Pinga, two other numbers. To launch the former, Padukone walked the ramp at the Blenders Pride Fashion Tour in Gurgaon, tapping into north Indian, youth and fashion markets.
Starting this week, the cast will be seen in a series of chat sessions with influential figures, recounting their journey and memories of the difficult film. Eros will be airing these both online and on multiple television channels. Last month, Padukone visited the City Palace in Jaipur to meet Princess Diya Kumari and had her Deewani Mastani song projected on the palace walls. Eros is still in negotiations with corporate sponsors.
The Dilwale team declined to comment.
The last time two such big films clashed was during Diwali 2012 with Yash Chopra’s Jab Tak Hai Jaan and the Ajay Devgn-starrer Son of Sardaar. Incidentally, both proved winners at the box office.
Industry opinion is divided on the clash. While the first person cited in the story termed it “stupid” because of the high stakes involved, Karnik of GroupM doesn’t see it as a problem.
“We’ve often seen back-to-back releases for festive seasons like Diwali and Eid,” he said. “Plus, both Dilwale and Bajiraoget a clear and rare three-week window after release since there is nothing else to look forward to until Amitabh Bachchan and Farhan Akhtar-starrer Wazir on 8 January. So, I don’t see it as a clash.”
Trade analyst Taran Adarsh said the clash is about more than just business. “There is no doubt two big films can co-exist and they have in the past, but this is also a fight for screens, show timings and footfalls. Their business gets divided,” he added.
Kamal Gianchandani, chief executive at theatre chain PVR Pictures, expects a fair split in terms of screens for the two films. “The audiences will watch one of the two first. We are confident that they will come back for the second film in either the same or the next week. We don’t expect any business loss,” he claimed.

cr IANS

Step

Mrs James Ma
People compare Kriti to Deepika cos Kritti's height, style, the way she talks is like DP. I think in this poster she looks like her too :p

Step

Mrs James Ma
SRK said this film is better than trailer. But I just want a good poster of SRK 15 years ago in this film cos he looks soooooooo handsome :spicy:

Step

Mrs James Ma
PC on clash
Priyanka categorically stated that there was no feeling of competitiveness between the two films as they both represent different genres and have been directed by two great directors and that the entire feel of 'competition' was actually media manufactured. She said,
"We are not competing with 'Dilwale'. Both the filmmakers are great and the genres are different. We dont need to promote because 'Dilwale' is releasing on the same day. You guys have made it into a competition."

cr IANS

Step

Mrs James Ma
Lol Kriti is really tall. Idk if she is taller than DP and Sonam. Varun is short for her :p
I loved Sid in SOTY cos he is taller than Varun. I think Alia and Varun matches for their height :p

VILLNAN

sarNie OldFart
Step said:

PC on clash
Priyanka categorically stated that there was no feeling of competitiveness between the two films as they both represent different genres and have been directed by two great directors and that the entire feel of 'competition' was actually media manufactured. She said,
"We are not competing with 'Dilwale'. Both the filmmakers are great and the genres are different. We dont need to promote because 'Dilwale' is releasing on the same day. You guys have made it into a competition."

cr IANS

YEP That what I'm saying!

mayag

sarNie Adult
Step said:
Lol Kriti is really tall. Idk if she is taller than DP and Sonam. Varun is short for her :p
I loved Sid in SOTY cos he is taller than Varun. I think Alia and Varun matches for their height :p

Yea I didn't realize that Alia's a tall girl as well. Poor Varun. Even Shraddha is around his height. XD

VILLNAN

sarNie OldFart
Yahhh almost December  no matter what they said I'm "Diwale" all they way! ...

December 18 is "Dailwale" day and 17 is Vill graduation wow!!!! Fighting my two beloved!! I'll remember this forever