I Married...‘๑’ - CH22

duaxiong

sarNie Adult
It's okay!Take your time to write it,we won't rush you^^
It's good so far,Kraisorn needs to establish a relationshop:]
PhraWarin doesn't have a future mate too.?

mai92

sarNie Adult
Oo..tHE laSt lINe gOt mE dRumrOllINg... :thumbsup:
hAhA..pLz moRe...i rEallY wAnt tO rEad tHIs..
tHaNks fOR tHe uPdaTes...
:) :D :)

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
Chapter 4.1/4.2‘๑’

I immediately punched PhraWarin in the face.

PhraWarin touched his face and looked at me with angry fire in his eyes. He sat on the ground for what seemed like hours, but was merely only a minute. Instead of lashing back out at me, he stood up and smiled. “Geez, what was that for?” he asked me. All I can say is, “For touching her and breaking your words to me. What kind of man are you?” “Well, brother, I never touched her like you did last night. The only time I touched her was in the snake form and I only did that once. Well, actually, I brushed passed her legs yesterday. And I guess, I slightly held her hands to kiss them yesterday. That’s the most interaction I’ve gotten with her. You’re not the only one fascinated by her all these years.” he sarcastically stated. I got into the car and PhraWarin turned facing the house. I had to calm myself down. He told me he checked up on her and I wonder how he did that without father knowing. After being caught visiting Saratan, I had to go through further training to figure out how to hide myself from other demons. PhraWarin couldn’t have possibly learned the same trick.

Last night I hid my car and went into Saratan’s room to wait for her. I just had to visit her again. Seeing her again made me more drawn to her. Besides, she’s an adult now and father told me I can see her again when the time is right. I saw her at the funeral service, so I take it that I can visit her as I please from now on. Seeing her look so different made me quiver. Sitting next to her for hours was nerve wracking. Luckily my training taught me how to stay still for a long time. Sure she wasn’t the best looking girl when I first saw her, but something about her made me want to check up on her more. Is it sympathy I feel towards her? And that’s keeping me from falling in love with other women? Is it possession or jealousy? I don’t think I’m in love with her.

When she got home last night, I was hiding on the ceiling. Yep, seems creepy. But, where else can I hide? Under the bed? I wouldn’t be able to see anything except her feet if I hid there. Last night I couldn’t avoid giving her privacy like I used to. I mean, she took off her clothes right there! Maybe I could’ve closed my eyes, but they glued open! She left her panties on, so I guess if we get married I have something to look forward to. Why am I still thinking about it now? Her breasts looked naturally perfect compared to the other women I’ve been with. I wonder if PhraWarin spied on her naked and it is not helping me calm down right now at all.

Saratan is still slender, but who knew she had abdominal muscles underneath all that prim and proper clothes. I could see her abdominal muscles contract and relax and she bent down to get her nightgown out of the dresser. At that point, I felt like I needed to hurry and make her mine. Once again, thanks to my training, I was able to concentrate and control myself before I scared her or make a stupid move. Saratan grabbed her towel and wrapped herself. She began to take off her underwear. She is modest about that even in her own room. At that moment, I thought, “I will make her naked on our ceremony night.”

She left the room to shower and I jumped down to get a grip. My body was burning with manly desires for her, but I can’t take advantage of her. She’d hate me forever. I’m also not that kind of guy. I’m not PhraWarin, no matter how much I wish I can be as confident as him and make her swoon for me, I can’t trust that she’ll accept me if I do something to her.

I heard her steps walking back towards her room, so I jumped back up on the ceiling. As she entered, I can smell the shampoo she used. I had planned to only stay for a while, but now I couldn’t leave. I had to stay holding her. I wanted to lie next to her on the bed and hold her and feel that warmness I felt years ago. I didn’t want to go home. I hoped she’d go to bed soon and after wishing that, she did hop in bed and fell asleep. I jumped off the ceiling and slipped next to her in bed. She faced the opposite direction and I proceeded to place my arm under her shoulders and wrapped my other arm around her. She twitched suddenly and I knew she was on the verge of another nightmare. I nudged my chin against the nape of her neck so my face would touch her cheeks. She started to relax and I couldn’t help but give her a gentle kiss. I knew that it was wrong of me to do that without her consent, but she belongs to me. She is to marry me anyways.

PhraWarin walked to the car as father came out of the door of our worldly home. We have rooms that are livable, but father is the only person who actually likes to live above ground. He seems more human than I do sometimes. And I’m the one who is half human.

“You punched your brother son?” asked my father as the car door swung open. “You two just know how to make each other irritated.”

My father suggested PhraWarin drive to the service himself so that my father can plan a way for me to reveal our intentions with Saratan. I am nervous about it all because I don’t know how we are going to tell someone this who is still in mourning for her father’s death. It’ll be a shocker. “After the service today, we are invited to Saratan’s house for lunch. There, I will bring up the marriage talk. Her mother is well prepared for today. You just don’t say a thing. We will handle things,” my father informed me. “But father, how can you expect me to just sit there like an obedient boy and not say one thing? You know PhraWarin will say something. You know him,” I said. “Son, just do as I say,” he turned to look out the window and I wondered what he had in mind. I know that whenever he avoids eye contact he wants me to realize something, but I can’t grasp his message. Father is too complicated and abstract. He makes things hard for me.

Upon arrival, we walked to the bottom of the stupa staircase. PhraWarin had waited for us at the parking lot. He looked happy and as if he had forgotten about what I did to him earlier.

Chapter 4.2/4.2 ~A~

I placed the flower and candle into the cremation box as the fire blazed inside. I promised myself that I wouldn’t cry today. My dad would not want me to cry. The tear is hard to hold back, but I had to. I had to prove to myself that I am stronger than I have been in the past. I can go on living without him helping me and making things easier on my life. I turn around and my eyes drift towards Warin. He grins at me and I smile back to be polite. Then my eyes drift towards Khun Artit. He has an expression for sorrow and I wish I had not looked at him because it makes me want to bawl my eyes out. Last, I want to avoid looking at Kraisorn. I know looking at him will make me weak in the knees. My dream of him last night seemed so real that I know if I look at him I will feel like a total loser; craving for something that isn’t there. That comfort in his arms.

Stupid me, my eyes are drifting to him. I can feel my eyes widen as I look at him. He is staring straight forward, avoiding eye contact with me. Oh my, I feel a bit dizzy.

“Sara, are you awake?” my mother asked as I opened my eyes. I looked around and I am laying in my mother’s lap on the bench at the stupa. Kraisorn, Warin, and Khun Artit stood staring at me in their perfect formation. “What happened?” I asked my mother. “You blacked out Sara,” informed my mother. I lift myself up and look around and ask if the cremation is over. She told me that they are waiting for me to wake up before closing the door. I quickly got up to walk over to the door and everyone follows. The funeral director sealed the door and my mother’s tear dripped down her cheeks. I am fighting tears.

At home, I open the door for our guests to enter. I am nervous having them over at our house. Mom did not tell me about this ahead of time and I have no idea how to act in front of respectable people. They seem so mannered and out of our league. Three cars parked in our driveway. The other 2, parked outside. The guards are waiting outside. I don’t understand why they need so many body guards. Plus, I think this attracts more attention and more enemies. My mother led them all inside. I am pouring water into glasses to serve. I want to get out of these clothes, but I don’t want to be rude. I can finally wear something besides black. If they have to continue wearing their clothes, then I have to too. I walk out with the glasses and to my surprise, they all changed their clothes. My mother even changed her. I quickly set the glasses down, but on the final glass, Warin grab for his glass, but touches my hand instead. That sent chills down my spine. His hands are ice cold. He quickly lifts his hand and apologizes. “I’m really thirsty,” he says.

After changing my clothes, I have to go help my mother cook. We are making stir fry, rice, dumplings, mango, papaya, and grilled fish. So much food, but my father would’ve wanted us to make something decent for his friend to eat. Mom cut up the fruits and I am laying them nicely on the plate and I will place them in the refrigerator. After mom rolls out the doe, I will wrap the filling I made and steam it. I cut up the vegetables for the stir fry while waiting for mom to finish the doe. My mom and I are okay at cooking. Dad is the best at it. One time I helped dad make this soup for his boss’s son who was sick and the next day, dad told me to make it on my own. So, I did and dad served it to his boss again. Dad told me I can be a cook myself, but I told him I can never be as good as him.

I informed everyone to go to our dining table and Khun Artit thanks me. This family is so quiet I can’t figure out how they can just sit without making any sound at all. Creepy. I would think they were vampires or something. Heck, I read Twilight too much. I’ll stop thinking about all this awkwardness. They’re normal people.

After five minutes: “Kraisorn, isn’t this food wonderful?” asked Khun Artit to his son. Kraisorn simply nods. How rude of him not to say one word. But, that rudeness makes my heart thump. Warin didn’t have to be asked. “The best food I’ve ever tasted!” he comments. I can feel my smile stretch from eye to eye.

“Let’s get down to businessness,” my mother states. I wonder what she is talking about. What business? “Alright, if you insist,” says Khun Arthit. He continues, “Well, I know the timing isn’t perfect, but we have to do this now since this is all preplanned.” I am confused as a chicken. “Your father and I have planned for you to marry my son.” I am shock to hear this! I cannot believe my ears right now. It must be another dream or nightmare or something. “He told me to get this ceremony going once he passes on to the next life,” Khun Arthit stated calmly. I drop my fork and spoon and I can hear the ‘clang’ sound. I want to cry even more now, but I can’t. I can’t do that.

All of a sudden, “No. I will not marry her!”

------------------------
I read a romance novel and it got me into thinking of and inspiring me to finish up CICL so I can give this ff more attention.

maichi

sarNie Hatchling
Ohhhhhhh!! that was good at
then end where she
said i will not get marry!!
Thanks for the update!!
Please update again!!

MsDramalover

sarNie Egg
Ooooooh...I can't wait 4 more. I keep coming back to to check if u added more or not. I'm on the edge of my chair wanting more. will be looking forward 4 more of type b,iccl, and i married. Keep up the good job. <3 ur stories.

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
Chapter 5.1/5.2‘๑’

I couldn’t let my father force Saratan to marry me like this. I do like her, but it isn’t natural for someone to marry someone she is afraid of. I remember her running away from me even after I saved her from Warin. Plus, I don’t want her to marry me just because she has to. I want her to love me. Our marriage ceremony is very vigorous and I don’t want to do things to her that she will regret for the rest of her life.

Everyone looked over at me after I said I was not going to marry her. Saratan’s gaze fixed on me and I decided to look at her too. I can see water shimmer in her eyes as she tried so hard to hold the tears in. I felt that she was relieved that I opposed to the marriage. I felt hurt, but happy at the same time. I am doing something for the woman I like.

“Well, I guess that’s that,” stated Warin.

Dad suddenly nudged him in the arms and Saratan’s mom turned to look at her. She began to grip the napkin on the table as she remained staring at me. Saratan’s mom turned to look at me once more. She said, “I don’t think you have a choice.”

My heart sank as I couldn’t stop the marriage between us. “We made these arrangements before anything else and we bound to keep it that way. I may be hurting my daughter’s feelings right now, but I know what is best for her. I know that she will find happiness in this marriage.”

Saratan turned to look at her mom and instead of fighting back, she gave her mom a hug and began to cry. She wept, “I didn’t want to cry today, I really didn’t.”

I couldn’t take it anymore, so I got up and walked out. Warin followed me and grimaced. I knew he was glad that I had protested. He wanted Saratan for himself even more. I could’ve just kept quiet and see how things will go, but I had to speak up. I had to let her know I didn’t want her to be forced to marry me. Then Warin remarked, “You’re stupid. Now she thinks you hate her.”

I turned towards Warin and gave him a hard stare. He backed off but still grimaced. He is right. She probably thinks I don’t like her. What have I done?

After 15 minutes Father came out and told me to go back inside. He has a solution. I look everywhere and I do not see her down stairs in the living room.

“Son, we have decided to let her work with you so that you two can get to know each other before your marriage. This way you don’t just go into the ceremony without even speaking,” said my Father. “She will quit her editor’s job and we will hire her as your temporary private secretary.”

I questioned where Ida will go if she is my secretary. Father told me Ida will remain at her desk, but Saratan will be moved inside my office and follow me everywhere. I asked him if it will be okay with Saratan to suddenly quit and become bored at work. I could tell my father was getting angry. His eyes glared at me, but he dared not scare Saratan’s mother. Father hadn’t been angry with me for the longest time. But, he is furious today at my opposition. I guess I had led him on by making him believe that I will go through with his arrangements without a problem. But, I don’t think he had ever considered Saratan’s feelings, in which I do. Maybe it’s because I am half human that I feel like I can’t force her to marry me.

Everyone left, but I wanted to stand here and watch and see if she will be getting a good night’s rest. I had no courage to enter her room anymore. Sure I want to comfort her when she’s sad, but I didn’t want to see her cry because of me.

Chapter 5.2/5.2 ~A~

I felt relieved when Kraisorn said he didn’t want to marry me. I didn’t want to hear that I had to get married the day where my father just got cremated. It is too sudden. I never thought Father had arranged something like this for me. I never thought he was that kind of guy. And my mother to agree with it? Did she really believe that it will be my happiness? To get married? I don’t even know who they are. They didn’t appear in my life until a few days ago and now I have to marry this stranger. Then Khun Artit had the guts to tell me that I had to quit my job and become Kraisorn’s private secretary? I just got my job and now I have to give it up?

Mother knocked on my door and I let her in. She told me that they had left. She sat down next to me and I looked down, I didn’t have the guts to look at her and not cry some more. “I want to fulfill your father’s wish. There’s something more about them that is hidden from you. You may be afraid if you know the truth, especially with your nightmares. But this is your destiny, Sara.”

I asked my mother if she could hold off on telling me until tomorrow, when I’ve prepared and rested. She got up and left. I went to shower and got dressed and crawled in bed. I felt a bit cold after the shower, but it was nice to just lie there even though my head felt like it was going to explode. I felt a breeze blow through the window and got up to close it. It was dark outside now and I peered out and saw Kraisorn standing there staring at me and suddenly disappear. It’s all in my head. He isn’t there.

I can marry him, it’s not like I hate him or anything. I’ve even dreamt about him, so maybe I like him just a bit. But, he’s so quiet. He was also so blunt today about not marrying me. If he doesn’t want to marry me, then I shouldn’t force him.

I don’t know when I fell asleep but I woke up with a cough and felt terrible. I didn’t have any dreams or nightmares last night and felt relieved. I thought about my decision and I decided I will give that whole secretary thing a try. My dad wanted me to marry into this family. But I wonder what secret they have that mother thinks I will be afraid of. Sure, I have those nightmares, but I’m pretty sure I can handle the secret. If it is something I can’t bear, then wouldn’t they let me back out of the marriage? I’m also really pissed at Kraisorn for not wanting to marry me. Am I not pretty enough? Am I still that ugly girl that all the guys disliked in middle school and high school? A man that beautiful has to marry an ugly duckling like me! Dad would agree, perhaps that’s why he wanted me to marry into their family. Thank you dad!

----------​

It’s been two weeks and I had turned in my notice to quit my job. My boss didn’t seem angry at all and he kind of just told me to go ahead and quit because he already knew I would be leaving. I wondered how he knew. Then everything clicked, everybody knew about everything except for me. I was out of the loop about everything. Dad had friends and all his people are connected. I should be mad at him for setting me up like this, but then dad was always right about everything. He has never been wrong.

Today is the start of my new job. I haven’t seen my new boss since the day he left. Sure, I felt relieved that he didn’t want to marry me because we don’t love each other, but that opposition was also a blow. He doesn’t want to marry me because I’m ugly. I am vowing to change and not make my life so miserable anymore. Maybe I experienced that mysterious night because of my lack of self confidence. Maybe I just need to stop pitying myself and make it for the better. Dad isn’t here to protect me and baby me anymore. Mom can help me, but I don’t want to stress her anymore. All those years of tireless nights comforting me has to be over. I will not cry after every nightmare anymore. I have to go through the rest of this life with me and only me.

The secretary sneered at me as she left the office to go back to her desk. I saw my desk with a flower bouquet. At least I assume it’s my desk.

“Ahem.” Could it be Kraisorn? It sent chills down my spine.

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
thanks for reading!! sorry I haven't posted in a while. I started on the next chapter last month...but so busy to finish it. there's not enough time in the day. i will get crackin' on ff once i finish my subbing projects. I don't know what i got myself into in deciding to help sub. hehe. maybe i will finish the next chapter sunday since my work sched changed.

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
Chapter 6.1/6.2‘๑’

I don’t know why Saratan agreed to become my secretary. She didn’t have to force herself to do it if she really didn’t want to marry me. I don’t know if I can go up there to greet her. Ida texted to tell me that Saratan arrived and is waiting in my office. Ida is human if I hadn’t mentioned it yet. She’s a woman who I haven’t messed around with yet. Even though I’ve never had lover relationship with her, she can’t stop nagging on me. I’d love to get rid of her, but she won’t leave. Warin sticks up for her often. Sometimes I wonder if he does it to piss me off. One thing is, I’m pretty sure Warin and Ida sleep together. Hopefully never in my office or I will get rid of her without a doubt. Warin can’t keep his skin off of any woman.

As soon as the elevator doors opened, Ida rushed over. She grabbed onto my arm and pulled me out. All I could do is roll my eyes and deal with it. “Saratan is in your office, Khun Krai,” said Ida. She then began to add on more to her statement, but I stopped her. I hushed her and and continued to walk towards my office. I told her to leave us alone until I call her in to give Saratan her work for the day. Ida shut up and stomped to her desk and sat down.

Inside the office I see the back of Saratan’s head as she sat on the black leather chair and directly across from her sat my brother. Warin smiled and eyed me as he noticed my presence in the room. He raised his eyebrows and continued to talk to Saratan. He told her that he is here to help if she ever needs it. I think Saratan sensed something was off based on his facial expression and asked if he was okay. He smiled and leaned back in his chair. “Yeah, my brother is here,” he said. Saratan turned around to look at me and immediately got up off her seat. I walked over without saying a word and stood in front of her. I think I gave her personal space, but Warin stood up and placed his hand between us. His hands were awful close to her. Almost touching her breast. I smacked it down and he grimaced at me and placed his hands in his pocket.

“Just call me if you need help Saratan. I will be available all day,” he called out as he walked away from us and out the door. I took a step back and eventually stumbled to say, “I’m sorry. I didn’t realize I was standing too close. Sorry about my brother.”

“He wasn’t bothering me at all,” said Saratan. “So, what will I be doing today?” She is so calm today. She’s acting as if there’s nothing between us at all. As if we’re not engaged, as if nothing happened the day my family went over for dinner and our parents blurting it out. “So, umm,” I began to say.

“Look, I know you don’t want to marry me and you probably think I’m a gold digger now because I agreed to this, but I don’t care what you think. I want to see how this all goes and I already quit my job without really thinking. I don’t know why I even decided to go along with this, but I’m going to live on a whim from now…” she kept talking.

Now I can sense the stress in her voice. She is desperately trying to hide from me. “Look, I just said I didn’t want to marry you because I didn’t want you to be forced to marry me,” I said to her. She stayed quiet for a few seconds, and then blurted out, “Okay. Let’s just see how this goes. Friends?”

For not having many friends growing up, she has really changed overnight…or over the years since I hadn’t seen her for the longest time. She isn’t the same as she used to be. She’s become more confident. Did she not need me to comfort her that night? Did she not need me to comfort her at all anymore?

“Oh, as for my brother, he doesn’t work in this building. Just be careful. He is a lady’s man,” I told her.

She turned and laughed. “I sense that. But I think I can handle it.”

I called Ida in to give Saratan the work assignments. I walked back to my desk and sat down in my chair. Ida walked over to announce my schedule for the day and that I will have lunch at noon. “You have a lunch appoint with…” she paused. “You have a lunch appointment with Miss Saratan.” Ida’s voice trailed off as she turned to look at Saratan busily reading the office policy that Ida brought in for her to read at her personal desk in the corner of my room. 

Chapter 6.2/6.2 ~A~

Work has gone well so far. Ida, the secretary gives me this weird ‘mockery’ kind of feeling that I get from many girls at the printing company. I don’t know why I can’t find that ‘close’ friend I’ve always wanted. I guess I can’t be normal. I just want to have friends and people to stop treating me like I’m an outsider. I have no one. Not one true friend besides my mom. I can’t let Kraisorn know that I’m a weakling. I have to be strong from now on.

Ida brought in some business letters for me to read and edit for grammar and misspellings from her and several other departments in the building. This kind of editing is actually kind of fun. It’s better than gossip columns or sports columns that I have to edit.

I didn’t talk to Kraisorn for most of the morning since he seemed busy with work. Every time I looked up at him, his face is always glued on the computer or on the binders in front of him. His phone will also ring every 10 minutes. I’m kind of glad we haven’t talked because I don’t know what else to say to him. Ida also kept coming in and out all morning long. I don’t know what her problem is, but perhaps Kraisorn telling me that his brother is a lady’s man is a cover up for himself. I had heard her mention my name for lunch in the morning. I am nervous about eating with him but now that I’ve come this far, I have to continue. Dad wanted this. He wants me to marry this stranger.

At noon, Kraisorn closed his binder and shut his cellphone off. He got up and walked over to me. I pretended to look down at the papers I printed off to edit. He came really close to the front of my desk and smacked his hand down on my desk hard enough to startle me, but gentle enough to not make me too nervous. “I’m sorry, my hands are a little heavy. Hope I didn’t scare you,” stated Kraisorn, “Let’s go.”

I got up and walked next to him. He led the way out of his office and I could see the outline of his body. It looked familiar and fascinating to me. Ida saw us walk out of the office together and I noticed the anger in her face. I have to be careful with this man. I feel like I know him, but I don’t. I feel like I can’t trust him, but I can. I’m so confused. He makes me confused. My whole situation is awkward. My whole life has been weird from the start.

I was quiet in the elevator and so was he. I guess everything between us is way more complicated than we both anticipated. When Warin visited me this morning I thought it was nice gesture. For some reason I don’t feel as tense with him. Yet, I can sense his motives with me. Just because I’ve never had a boyfriend before, doesn’t mean I don’t know what his intentions are. I find it kind of funny actually, that he’d try so hard to make me believe that he actually cares about me, about liking me…or another word for that is committed to me.

“So, umm I know this lunch isn’t much. I usually eat at the hotel since I’m always on the go. Plus, I like to support my staff. An owner should eat at their own place to prove that their food really is exquisite,” Kraisorn began to talk. “I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Although, I miss your Father’s cooking every day since he left.”

I replied, “I’m sure I will. I don’t really get to eat fancy hotel food like this.” I don’t know how to respond to him. I can feel that my voice wants to crack whenever I say something to him. He makes me so nervous inside. He’s not the first guy I’ve felt like this with. When I see Ken Thiradeth, the Thai actor on tv, I feel that way too. Or when I met Louis Scott at the mall randomly. I couldn’t speak correctly. Kraisorn makes me feel the same way. I feel butterflies in my tummy.

Kraisorn continued to try to make small talk and I responded as best as I could. Finally, he said, “I thought we’re going to be friends. Why is your eye always wandering? Don’t friends make eye contact? Can’t you look at me and talk as if we’re not strangers anymore? We work in the same office, we share a common love for food, and most importantly, we’ll be marrying soon. Our wedding ceremony is very intense and very long.”

“What do you mean?” I asked. “What do you mean by ‘our wedding ceremony’?” All I could think of is how his wedding ceremony is different than any other Thai wedding. Unless, he’s not Thai. Is he mixed? Is he in some sort of secret cult?

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
omg, double post again!!! don't know why I accidentally did that. Oh well. I hope everyone enjoyed Ch. 6. I wrote a lot of it out last month, but just finished up minutes ago. I will try to quickly write the next chapter. I still need to write a summary plan for myself. So I'm just writing 'go with the flow' right now. Let me know what you think? things will heat up soon!!! @least that's my plan.

orihime303

sarNie Hatchling
OMFG!!! Sorry for being rude n impatient, but ur killing me!!! Hurry and write more plz,plz,plz! I love this one sooo much!!! Write soon plz n keep it coming!!! :worthy: