Man I Slept With

nikki1786

LizQuen

Chapter 08

Sam woke up late in the afternoon having a headache and swollen eyes. She couldn’t help but cry all night and didn’t notice herself who fell asleep after crying. She couldn’t stop thinking of Carlos and their memories. These mixed feelings she felt towards him; her system awaken last night after the kiss.

The part of her system died years ago after analyzing her relationship with Carlos. He’s supposed to be her best of friend only but he crossed the line. And for reason, she crossed the line too. She blames herself for falling in love with him. However, she was a fool at the same time for believing that he was different from the other guys—different from Alex.

Sam got up from the bed and took a long shower. Thinking of Carlos was stressing her out and she doesn’t want her day for work to ruin just by thinking of him.

Before she could leave her pad; her father surprisingly came to visit. “Dad!”

“Leaving for work?”

“Well… yeah. Why a sudden visit?”, she started to get a feeling why her father came to see her.

“I have three reasons. First, I miss my daughter. Second, I personally want to congratulate you on closing a big deal with Jeric; you know he’s a good catch after all. Lastly, as much as I am excited to see your husband again after all these years; I just wanted to make sure that you’re really coming tomorrow”, he said while caressing her cheeks and kissed her forehead. “I also have an announcement tomorrow, so better be prepared”, he ended.

Before she could speak up; Mauricio’s phone was suddenly ringing. “Hello…”, he answered while looking to his daughter. It was Yuan at the other line. “Okay… oh… really? Okay, I’ll be there then…”

He ends the call and look at him smiling excitedly. “Carlos is here now! I am going to see my son-in-law~!”, he said while smiling. Sam doesn’t know how she would feel with her father’s reaction—or behavior. She knew how her father loves Carlos. He treated him like his own son. It seems like it’s only natural that he would feel excited to see him again.

And though Carlos arrived yesterday; it’s seems like he told a white lie about his arrival to his father. If her father only knew what happened last night. “Let’s go see him!”, he invited her.

“Dad… I still have other stuff to do. I told you I’m gonna be busy”

“But what about tomorrow? I wanted you to come over tomorrow, okay?”, he wanted assurance from her. She paused for a moment as if she needed to think about if she had to go or not.

“Samantha…”

“Fine, Dad…”, she big sighed when she confirmed that she’s coming over tomorrow.

“I invited your Uncle to come over…”, Yuan said right when after he ended the phone call and approached his son sitting at the gazebo. “What? Why?”, Carlos asked.

“What do you mean why? I already told you that he bought a house for you and Sam. Eversince I got back here in the office; I don’t know how what to do or to say. Tell me, how are you gonna explain everything to him?”

Carlos didn’t answer. His father guessed it right; he actually don’t know how to explain the situation. “I know… call your fiancé and cancel your engagement-“

“Dad!”

“Carlos, how can I stop worry? First, I thought my son has the courage to accept all the consequences he did years ago. Mauricio has high expectations from you!”, Yuan started to scold his son. He leaves the office as he wanted to calm himself while Carlos was left alone.

Sam was in dilemma for a moment. She’s staring in front of the computer and didn’t know how long she stayed that way. She was browsing her pictures together with Carlos; pictures of them that it was so hard for to delete it. When her secretary entered her office and reminded her about the details of the clients who emailed her; Sam suddenly remembered what Carlos asked her. “I just wanted to ask why you didn’t reply to my emails?”

She actually changed her email and yes she did ignore the emails came from him. It’s been four years now and Sam forgot the password already. She doesn’t have intention to open it again too. What he seems to be doing right now? Sam didn’t mean to think or care about him; questioning if what was he doing right now. She shouldn’t care.

“Carlos!”, Mauricio surprised both Carlos and Yuan as he just arrived. It has been so many years now and Mauricio wanted a hug from him. He embraced his Uncle as he also misses him. “How have you been?”, he’s way too excited to see this young man whom he treated like his own son.

“I’m good, Uncle…”, he said to him.

“Uncle??? You’re supposed to call me your ‘father’now…”, Mauricio corrected him. He taps his back and hand him a present. Yuan knew what was inside the small box; Carlos look at his father and he didn’t have to guess it anymore if what’s inside.

“Open it….”, Mauricio said. Deep inside; Carlos was reluctant and hesitant but he must show his other side to his uncle. He opened the present and it was a key. “Unc—I mean Dad…”

“Now that sounds better”, Mauricio smiled as Carlos calls him like how Sam calls him too.

“A key…-“

“All these years I’ve been planning to buy a house for both of you. Though I know you can afford one; however, I want you to consider this gift of mine...”, he said sincerely. “Four years ago, even if you two just accidentally did it. For some reason; I was never mad to both of you, also all these years you’ve been doing nothing but good to my daughter. You cared for her since you were little”, Mauricio starting being sentimental all of a sudden.

Yuan joined and the three of them starting to bond; even if Carlos was already not comfortable talking about his life in the States.

The day has come that Sam and Carlos will meet again. She was wearing business attire as she just got home. All of them, including Carlos were waiting for her. Sam got all her nerves awaken just by Carlos stare at her. She avoided her glance and went straight to approach her father and Uncle Yuan giving them a peck kiss on the cheek.

Sam just nod at him but when she was about to take a seat; she had no choice but taking the seat right next to Carlos. “How was work, Samantha?”, Mauricio asked his daughter.

“So far so good… I have to accompany Jeric’s business trips sometimes. He wanted me to introduce to some of the clients he worked with from other countries…”, she shared.

“Jeric?—as in Jeric Galvez of Galvez-Triona Winery Incorporation?”, Yuan wanted to clarify.

“Yes, Uncle… I just closed a deal with Mr. Galvez and now he’s one of our investors in our company now”, she confirmed him.

Carlos’ getting uncomfortable; speaking of Jeric, who wouldn’t forget that guy’s face? He’s the only one who just stole a moment with his wife. A part of him reminds that whenever he’ll see that guy again; he’ll tell him straight that Samantha is his wife.

Good thing, Mauricio changed the topic. “Anyways, tonight I have an announcement to make”

“Since you two were married four years ago and our Carlos made a promise for his comeback. Yuan and I decided to have announced this to the media. Besides, you two will be the CEO’s of the companies we built. We’re expecting a lot from you guys. Also we wanted a church wedding so might as well consult a wedding planner soon—wait, are you two listening?”, Mauricio noticed their silence.

“Dad, we might never be able to do it-“, Sam was about to say it. But Carlos secretly holds her hand to stop her and said it in different way “We might never be able to do it this month. We—we were kinda busy this month or two…”

“Then when are you gonna plan to do it? Because this year’s the best time for both of you to get marry—“

“Why don’t you give the two to talk it over first; besides, they just meet. They have a lot of time to think it over if when they’re planning to do the church the wedding. As for this moment, the two needed a solo time with each other”, Yuan said. He naturally covered his son’s excuse; but the thought if he did covered him. It wasn’t. He just made it complicated for his son.

Meanwhile, Sam felt suffocating with the situation she got into. She maybe didn’t expect Carlos would say that. She’s supposed to tell her father that their relationship will never work like before. If their friendship didn’t survive, how much more the love she had with him?

Days had passed as if it was nothing when they had dinner with their fathers. Samantha was obviously avoiding Carlos. It seems normal for avoid him all the time—blame it to the years she was all alone.

The phone’s ringing again. She stared at the computer and continued browsing some of the pictures from a social site. Sam as if heard nothing. When finally the ring was cut; she bet that her secretary answered it. She looked at the door and she guessed it right big time that it was her secretary who entered her office. “Ma’am… Mr. Galvez is in the line”

“O—oh… okay”, she said. She picked up the phone and they talked over some projects and the conference meeting they’re preparing for next week.

When she hanged up the phone as she was done talking to him; for some reason she kept staring back at the phone. It stopped bothering her anymore. Then she thought about him again.

Why all of a sudden it felt like she preferred him bothering her.

He called for so many times and just like before, Sam always avoiding him. Carlos has been staying in the mansion for hours now. He didn’t know how many but he’s been there for a long time. He wanted to meet Sam in this mansion; he wanted to let her see this house that her father bought for both of them.

These past few days since he can’t do anything about how Sam avoiding him; he decided to rearrange the house. He hired some foremen and interior decorator. The house seems not his taste when it comes to the arrangement of the interior. He didn’t like it and for sure, Sam will never like it too. He knew what she liked. However, he doesn’t know if the things she liked are still what she likes. She changed so much.

The interior was done decorating the whole interior and even the foremen were done fixing some stuff in the house with only a few days. Supposedly, today’s the day where he supposed to meet her here. Uncle Mauricio said that he never gave some spare keys to his daughter because he wanted Carlos to be the one to hand her the house key.

But here he was. Alone and waiting for her return call—but she never did. He even prepared some food for them to eat. Until now, Carlos was all blank. He didn’t know what to do with her. He didn’t know how to tell her everything. He was a little bit confused with all the decisions that came up. He should be the one to tell her about annulling their marriage; but why it seems like it’s hard to tell her.

Samantha’s finally done with her work; another accomplishment for her on that day. It’s already late as she looked at her wristwatch. Her secretary went home hours ago and she usually stays longer to her office. As she took off from her office, she saw some of the post-it papers on her secretary’s desk. There she saw some particular message from Carlos. Her secretary didn’t gave it to her because she told her that she don’t want to entertain some messages from Carlos.

But there; her secretary wrote it down just in case. It was an address that was written on a piece of paper. She took it and didn’t hesitant to go to this particular address. She guessed that maybe Carlos left a long ago since it was written in the paper if what time he called and left this address to maybe inform her.

She arrived to this most popular subdivision. She even showed her ID to the guards and they let her entered as she was really expected to visit. They gave her some map of the subdivision and as she follows the address, and she was given some keys. She ended up stopping at a big house.

It was already late and it seemed like no one else’s there at the house. She got out of the car and head towards the entrance door. She knocked but no one’s answering, she decided to use the keys and the door opens.

Sam turned on the lights as she enters the house. She was incredibly amazed by the arrangement of the interior. The decorating was actually her style. She ended up exploring the whole house.

She looked at to every room. There were five rooms upstairs and three rooms downstairs. The house was meant for a big family. Every room has a bathroom. She went to the kitchen and it seems like it has complete kitchen utensils and cooking wares. She opened the fridge and has lots of stocks inside.

When she was all done exploring; Sam asked herself if why Carlos left her some address for her to visit. She went to the poolside; but she didn’t expect to see ‘him’ there.

“Ca—Carlos…”, she called his name.

“Sam…”, Carlos called her back. He didn’t expect that she would come even at this late hour. He was beginning to losing hope but he forgot about that in an instant when Sam really came. Carlos stood as he was sitting at the edge of the pool; soaking his feet.

She wanted to walk out the moment Carlos was nearly approaching her way. However, part of her system commanded her to stay still. “You came… I thought you’ll never come”, he said and she felt the lonesome from his voice.

“I… I was just checking but I’m leaving already”, she told him and was about to turn around but he caught her hand so fast. “Sam…”

He called her name again and felt like it echoed to her system this time. As if commanding her to stay still and move not even an inch. Carlos grabbed her one hand and let it trace to his contoured chest and she felt his heart beating so fast.

The next thing happened, he pulled her and Sam thought about its happening again—like what happened four years ago. The way their body touch, even their clothes on; she felt like a million bolts spreading inside her body. Electricity she felt Carlos kissed her four years ago.

Carlos was doing it again—kissing maybe can’t be avoided after all. Especially if it’s him; Sam would lose her sanity again. But she tasted his kiss; it felt like something’s wrong. When they soon catching their breath each other, there she realize that he was drunk.

They parted each other’s face and didn’t expect to see Carlos like this. There were tears from his eyes; she asked herself if he was crying while he was kissing her. The fact that this is the first time she sees him crying.

Asy

sarNie Immature
He's crying because of heartbroken --she didn't return his calls. He missed her absolutely. Serves you right, Carlos!

Nikki, I wish to see some update of Carlos and her fiance. I want to know his feeling for her (now I don't remember her fiance's name lmao).

Other than that, it's a great chapter. Keep on writing. :D

shengvang

sarNie Adult
Awwwww Carlos really did showed some feelings to Sam. If tears can run down, it means something.​
If a man can remember your taste in things, it only means he cares for you na Sam.​
Really hope he can explain everything truthfully. Or esle he will definitely lose Sam.​
Oh, I can smell his fiance coming in already. Lol...​

Great update Nikki. Thanks!​

nikki1786

LizQuen
Chapter 09

“Ca—Carlos…”, stuttering as she calls his name. Sam didn’t expect to see him crying. Why?

“I… I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to act like this”, he said and wiped his tears away. Meanwhile she distanced herself from him. He made her confuse a little bit; she wanted to leave and yet part of her wanted to stay. “Sam…can we talk, please?”, Carlos sounded as if he pleads.

The issue between them will never end if she continues to avoid him. But there’s no way she can gather up all her courage to ask him things right now. But the more she avoids him the more it hurts only. “Sam, why were you avoiding me?”

“No—I should be the one to ask you questions if you want us to talk”, she said. Carlos shut and was ready to listen and answer her questions. “Why were you engaged even if you’re married?”

“I followed you to America, I decided to stay with you but I saw you flirting and kissing another woman!—“

“Flirting? Kissing?”

“I bet you wouldn’t remember. Maybe you got drunk after that party… but hell I don’t wanna listen to any of your reason after I saw that! You’re just like the other guys. And you know what’s worst? It hurts to know that you treated me just like your other women. Waking up in the morning and leave them!”, she didn’t know where that courage came from but it was a good thing she had to let it all out.

Carlos’ facial expression changed as she certainly didn’t know what he felt for. He loved her and it was more than just a childhood friend—bestfriend or whatever. The only woman he couldn’t dare to hurt. It seems like he didn’t understand the part where she went to America and followed him.

If she only knew; he changed after he married her. Samantha was the ideal girl he wanted all this time. The fragile he always had. He almost turned celibate because of her. He maybe still hitting women and ended up kissing, but he couldn’t even go to the next level because he always think of her.

“Is that all?”, he sighed in dismay. “Is that all you wanted to say? You were avoiding me because of what you saw and yet you never-“

“I wanted an annulment, Carlos…”, he wasn’t finish but there she just said it.

“What?...”, he didn’t expect to hear that from her.

“You heard me. I want an annulment. I want my freedom back and-“, he didn’t let her finish. He didn’t liked what she said; he didn’t want to think anything that would make them separate.

He cupped her face with his two hands and sealed her with a deep kiss. She’s still on her senses, the feeling of having this rage; kiss will never help her at ease. Sam gathered all her strength again to push him away. But Carlos was just too strong and hard, he parted his lips to face her but he didn’t let her go. His hands wrapped to her waist. “Let me go!”, she shouted at him.

“I don’t want to! I’ll never let you go this time!”, he shouted back at her. “One thing I only wanted to do with you right now is to kiss you. I wanna embrace you… I want to make you mine again!”, he told him while still wrapping his hands around her waist.

She doesn’t know if she has to believe him. She doesn’t know if she had to be disappointed over him because he only wanted her. Sam was expecting something more from him. However, she can’t ever reveal her feelings to him. That she hate him and love him at the same time. That she hated to admit that part of her misses him. Those were the true feelings she felt for him and she just couldn’t let him know for her pride and rage was trying to protect her from hurting.

Sam was looking for other answers from his eyes; they were looking intently to hers. “I still hate you…”, she lowered her voice. She’s losing her power over him.

“Hate me for all you want but I won’t let you go this time…”, he said while his gaze slid down to her lips. She bit her lower lip as she knew where his gaze at. Slowly he unwrap his hands from her waist; then his other hand automatically traces her lips. “I… I miss this…”

Carlos caressed her chin and slowly he’s coming closer to claim her lips. Surprisingly, she didn’t protest. She let him kiss her lips. However, it wasn’t just a kiss. He tasted every corner and darted his tongue in and out of her mouth.

Sam got to taste of an alcohol from him; bitter and yet it tasted sweet at the same time. She was out of breath when he parted hers and sank his teeth into her neck. He heard her sweet moan when his other hand manage to get inside her clothing. He touched her breast and she let out a couple of moans again.

She felt like missing his lips, she wanted more. Sam cupped his face and kissed him so sweetly.

She didn’t know if how long they were kissing each other’s lips and duel their tongues with each other. He carried her as she wrapped her arms around his nape and both got inside of the house. Carlos just realized that Sam got heavy; she seems to be in a perfect shape but getting heavier, it only means that she’s a full grown woman now. In the end he didn’t care if how heavy she was; in fact his attention got back to her lips again. They were kissing while they were approaching the room upstairs.

Carlos put her down but their lips haven’t parted yet. In fact, it only getting more intense and as he started to undress her; Sam on the other hand didn’t protest. He threw every piece of her clothing to the floor and so he was as he took off his plain white shirt. Sam cleared her throat just by staring from his chest to abs.

For a moment they were just standing, facing and staring each other’s naked body. Come to think of it; he just hold this body of hers years ago but he never took a time to look how perfect she was from head to toe. Her curves were perfect in his eyes.

While he’s coming closer; Sam had a chance to take glance of this naked man. Her childhood friend, her best of friend and…her husband. She loved this man and it’s been so long since he was driving her crazy like this. Carlos gets her two hands and let them touch his hard body. Muscles that were in right places and Sam showed nothing but hesitant as she witnessed him being arouse. As he let her hands slid down approaching his arousal manhood; she made him stopped as she didn’t want to go on.

“Touch me…”, he commanded her. Those words he whispered made her do it, it sounded as if it was a chant but she really wanted to touch him. Sam really wanted to feel every inch of his body. She wanted all of him. They kissed again and this time it’s wilder and crazier as if they’re losing their minds.

She let him touch her body and let him taste every inch of her. Sam liked the sudden ache she felt when he made a trace of bruises from his kisses to her body. Sam holds so tightly at the headrest when Carlos was busy licking and sucking every juice she release. She felt his tongue inside him, stroking back and forth, inside and outside. She bit her lower lip when his other hand; fingers her inside while suckling alternately her hard nipples.

“Carlos… I… I can’t take it any longer…”, she told him while closing eyes; feeling every inch of his drowning kisses.

He didn’t stop giving her pleasures and the more she gets wet; the more he’s telling himself to keep on going. Carlos wanted to come inside of her this time. He was at the verge of ‘cumming’ and before that would happen; he wanted to feel her inside.

“I’m cumming…”, he told her to maybe aware of the pain he’ll cause. It was easy to get inside of her as they were both wet, but as he pushed his manhood deeper; they both felt the pain. He saw her how she took the pain and got worried for a moment.

“Carlos….”, she called his name.

“I’m sorry, baby…”

“Carlos, kiss me…”, and he did just to make the pain go away. He kissed her while her hands wrapped around his back, she raked as she slowly getting used to the pain. Soon the pain turned one of those pleasures they couldn’t resist. Carlos and Sam made love over and over until they got tired and lose their strength from the battle of sex.

Hours had passed but Carlos couldn’t sleep. He watches Sam sleeping and facing the opposite side; she wasn’t facing him. He wanted to see her face and so he slowly turned her around. He let her wrap her other hand on top of his chest and let her head rest on his arms. He planted a kiss on her forehead while she was sleeping. It’s barely 3AM in the morning and he doesn’t mind if he couldn’t go to work later as long as he’s with this woman he loves.

He promised to himself that he’ll make it up for her and so he decided not to annul his marriage with her. Carlos also plans to call Elaine and break up with her as he’ll do anything for Sam…

Carlos woke up without Sam beside him. He got up the bed to find her, he thought that she’s still around the house but it was already too late when he noticed a note on top of the side table. Carlos gets it and read it:

Carlos,

Last night was a big mistake. The only last thing I want to do with you were to kiss you and have sex you. It’s the least I want to do before we go separate ways. We can never return the relationship we had before. I still want an annulment.

By the time you read this, I already left. The next time I see you would be signing papers or tell our fathers that everything’s mistake between us.

Samantha

Carlos threw the note and immediately grabs all his clothes from the floor. He wanted to see her and made it clear to her that last night wasn’t just a mistake. What if she gets pregnant? That’s the first question appeared in his head when he thought about how he made love to her last night without a protection.

Stuck in traffic jam made him wait a little longer to see her; Carlos didn’t want to miss her this time. He wouldn’t allow her to ditch him or avoid to whatever reason.

Sam just arrived to her office being late. But who cares if she’s late, she the boss and she owned her time. When she got home to her pad; she took also a long shower. She didn’t know how long she stayed there but she’s trying to take away all the warmth touch of Carlos of her body. But no matter how much she’s trying to forget it; images of Carlos just haunts her mind and when she saw the bruises and her aching breast that caused by Carlos, she switched the hot shower to cold shower. Because the moment the warm water touches her skin, it only takes her back to what happened just last night.

She’s at work but until now Sam couldn’t forget about it. She even reminded her secretary that she won’t accept any calls from ‘him’. Sam take a look at her schedule and good thing she has a conference meeting with all the investors of their company; she can now stay focus to her work.

Carlos arrived to her working place but she was not there when he arrived. The secretary wouldn’t let him wait to her office not until he says so. “I’m sorry, Sir… but my boss reminded me not to let anyone enter except her father.

“Really???”, a familiar voice behind his back speaks.

“Uncle—I mean Dad…”, Carlos was surprise to see Mauricio. He never knew he’s coming; though he shouldn’t feel surprise because technically he still owns the company.

“Mr. Monterverde…”, the secretary was a little confuse as she really doesn’t know who is this man.

“Gale. This is Carlos Ancheta and he’s your boss’s husband. Carlos, this is Gale… Sam’s secretary.”, Mauricio introduce his son-in-law to his daughter’s secretary.

As far she can remember her boss told her not to entertain this ‘Carlos Ancheta’. But how can she follow her boss’s commands if this guy happens to be Samantha Monterverde’s husband.

“Now, let him wait to her office if you don’t want to be fired…”, a warn came from Mauricio’s voice and so Gale opens the door for him and she immediately serve two cups of coffee for Mauricio and Carlos.

“This is the first time I see you visiting here, Carlos… I didn’t see you visiting eversince you came back”, he took a sip of his coffee.

“I was a little bit busy, Dad… but today I-I wanted to see my wi—wife”, he was stuttering while answering him.

“It’s okay… at least I get to see my son-in-law now. By the way, did my daughter already saw the house? You’re supposed to show it to her yesterday, right?”

“Ye—yeah… WE DID last night—I mean we did meet last night but we haven’t talked it over yet if when are we going to transfer there…”

Mauricio frowns and wonder. He explained immediately his reason; Carlos as if invented a story just to reason out. He didn’t know why he acted like that after the night he made love to his daughter. But he needed Sam beside him.

Thus, Carlos doesn’t want Sam to decide anything about their relationship for now because he knew what she wanted and he wouldn’t allow it.

nikki1786

LizQuen
kinda avoiding long chapters.... but i also ended up with 1 scene to every chapter i write.
yes the fiance will appear but there's a catch :p

i want Georgina Wilson as Elaine (Carlos' fiance) and Coco Martin as Jeric (Sam's Business Partner)

shengvang

sarNie Adult
Total hotnest! Wow that HOT! Yikes I can sense something really bad coming.​
Ohhhhh how I want Sam to understand Carlos already! But I'm ready for where​
ever you are taking us w/ this AMAZING FF of yours.​

Thanks you sooooo much for a little spice you give us!​
Can't wait for the next chapter!​

nikki1786

LizQuen
going to buy the magazine on 3rd week. :) Erich on the cover.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLGgOavk-mQ

nikki1786

LizQuen
Chapter 10

“Okay, meeting adjourned. Thank you for coming everyone!”, Samantha said as her meeting with the board members just ended. Jeric was there and she saw nothing a smiling face from this man. Unlike the other board members who kinda underestimate her power to run this company, she didn’t feel anything against Jeric who naturally supports her eversince he became part of this company.

“Is there anything you wanna say based from the meeting?”, she asked him.

“I am speechless. You’re just like your father. He trained you well…”, he complimented her.

“Thank you…”, she simply said.

“How about a dinner for two… tonight, Miss Monterverde”, Sam didn’t expect an invitation from him. Knowing him for a couple of dine outs they did. Jeric didn’t want to be rejected. But speaking of rejection; it’s not that she refuse to accept his invitation. It’s just that she doesn’t like to dine out that much.

“Jeric…”

“Busy?”, he guessed it right. “It’s okay if not tonight maybe some other time. I just wanted to treat you and discuss further about the project”

“Actually I still have to meet another client, Jeric…”, she lied.

“Oh… then there’s always next time,baby”, he just called her the endearment that she haven’t for a long time and a sudden flashback appeared in her mind. Remembering how she made love with the man who used to call her ‘baby’. Made love? No—it was a plain sex they did last night. She thought.

Moving on; Sam and Jeric went on their separate ways when he got inside of the elevator, while she went straight ahead to her office. She didn’t notice her secretary but instead she entered her office. To her surprise; she didn’t expect to see him. Carlos. He was comfortably sitting at the couch while taking a coffee.

“Samantha, how was the meeting?”, a voice of her father surprised behind her. She turned around to face him. “Dad…”

“It—it was good. What made you come here to see me?”, she asked him right away as she didn’t want to think that Carlos brought her father here just so he can visit her. That’s the least she could of him. Though her mind commands to avoid him; her heart on the hand doesn’t want to. She knew part of her wanted to see him again.

“Oh… I dropped by to ask you about the one I am discussing with Carlos”, he said in a baritone voice.

“What about?”, she look at him and returned her attention her father again.

“About the house I showed you last night, Sam…”, he told her. “Dad’s asking if when we are going to transfer there”, he continued.

“Transfer…?”

“That house is my gift for you guys. I want you two to use it as a married couple-“

All the memories that happened last night were still fresh in her mind. But she didn’t expect to hear this from her father. That house was for both of them. Her father simply wanted them to stay there.

“Look, dear… you two have been married for four years now. Now that Carlos is back, you two can be together now-“

“Dad, we haven’t talked about that matter yet-“

“We were just about to discuss it today, Da—Dad…”, he explained to him and didn’t let Sam say anything.

“Oh, well… I was just worried, guys. You know how much I care about your marriage. I only wanted to make sure how both of you doing fine in this marriage life”, Mauricio said with the sound of concern. The two didn’t further talk or told him about his or her plan.

Mauricio didn’t stay longer. He had some couple of things to do and he purposely wanted to leave the two so they can talk it over about the house. As soon as he left, Sam faced Carlos right away.

“Now what!?!”, she asked him about their situation.

“What? What do you want me to tell him? Tell him about what happened last night-“

“You know that this is not about what happened last night. I want an annulment! Why don’t you just tell him about that!”, she’s screaming with madness over him. Sam can yell at him to all she wanted because her own office was a sound proof.

“Don’t shout at me like that-“

“I’ll do whatever I want because you’re in my office! And all I wanted was an annulment, isn’t that hard to understand!?!”

“Then what!?! What about what happened last night? Are you just going to forget that?”, he’s starting to raise his voice at her. Though at the back of his mind, he understood why Sam hated him.

“Last night was a mistake. Didn’t you read my note-“

“I read you damn note!”, he threw the piece of paper at her. He wanted to show how disliked what she did this morning. He didn’t expect her to leave like that.

“Sam, I want our relationship to work out again. Whatever I did in the past… can we just forget it? I want to start anew with you”, he told her with sincerity in his voice and in his eyes.

There was a moment of silence. She was trying to see how Carlos was sincere to her; part of her wanted to forgive him but her mind reminds her of what he did in the past. But this has what Sam decided.

“Carlos, if you really want our relationship to work out; please annul our marriage. That way, we can set ourselves free. You have your own life; I have mine… we can go back like best of friends.”

“But-“

“Carlos, please…”

“Why are you so selfish? I wanted us to get back together. I want you back in my life but you won’t let me in!”, he said. Carlos could feel that this isn’t what Sam wants for both them. “I know you’re lying. I can see it in your eyes-“

“Carlos, tell me what should I do to chase you away? I want an annulment. Is that hard to ask?”, she said. But deep inside, Sam’s hurting and wanted to end this conversation. The more she sees him, the more she’s lying to herself over and over.

“Do you really want the annulment that much? You wanted to chase me away; you don’t even want me to talk about what happened last night-“

“Because last night was just nothing. Nothing! It was a plain sex! That’s all!”, she shouted at him to all her might. Carlos didn’t expect this rage coming out from her, he didn’t know what he did to her that made her become like this.

“Just leave now, Carlos…-“

He stood there in silence while she was waiting for him to leave. Sam’s trying to guess as he just stood there and looked at her. “What? You’re not leaving? Do I need to open the door for you?”

“I will leave and I will grant the annulment that you want but I have one condition”, he said and she waited. “I’ll give the annulment papers after two months. Right now, I’ll be waiting for a result if you’ll get pregnant or not”

“What?”

“You heard me. If you get pregnant, then there’s no way I’ll allow to annul our marriage. If you don’t, then you’ll get what you want”, he was about to leave when Sam popped out some questions in her mind. Why would she be pregnant anyway?

Carlos just opened the door and about to leave when Sam stopped him. “Wait!”

“Why would I get pregnant?”

There was a long pause and Carlos chuckled before he could speak “Because I didn’t use any protection last night”, then he leaves this time.

Before Sam could ask him again, he left and it was too late for her to realize that door was wide open when he said those words to her. Gale, her secretary gave her looked as if she was asking her sex life and her relationship with the man who just left.

“What are you looking at? Go back to work…”, she commanded her.

Carlos was on his way to a friend’s house. A friend who was there to witness his marriage with Sam; when he arrive Julian was already standing outside their house. “Hey!”, he greeted him.

“How was the flight? You’ve been staying here for days already and you didn’t bother to visit me or call me”, Julian said.

“I was busy… got stuck with work load eversince I came back”, he reasoned.

“And you’re still the same. You’re trying so hard to make some reasons. I knew what happened to you, buddy!”, he tapped his back. Carlos knew that he can never lie to Julian. “Let’s go talk about your life in the States and your marriage life inside the house now. How’s Samantha?”

Carlos stayed at Julian’s for long. After eating, the two decided to have a drink at the mini bar. They talked about the happenings of their lives and Carlos was surprised about some revelations of Julian’s life. He was trying to move on right after the break-up. It’s been two years now and he still trying to forget her.

Carlos on the other wanted to find ways to get Samantha back. He wanted to prove to her at least that he loved her.

“So you love Sam and she doesn’t love you… That’s your problem? What about Elaine? Your other-wife-to-be?”, Julian was a little bit tipsy now.

“I don’t know… I have to admit I used Elaine for some reason. But she’s not the typical woman I am looking for. She’s workaholic than me. Though I love her in many ways but-“

“BUT she’s not like Samantha? Is that it?”, Julian continued and guessed it right.

“Well, Elaine told me before that she wasn’t really what it seems to be. She likes to stay at home or help aunt that owns a flower shop. She had a boyfriend before that made her change eventually…”

“Ah… but that’s not an excuse. Besides, this Elaine of yours will kill ya if she finds out that you’re actually married!”, Julian said was true. Carlos don’t want to hurt Elaine but if he needed to choose between Elaine or Sam. He’ll choose Samantha.

It was already late and Sam just finished her work at night. As she was about to go to sleep, she couldn’t stop thinking of what Carlos just said. “Because I didn’t use any protection last night”

Words keep repeating inside her head. She couldn’t be pregnant… she never thought about it yet. But what if she gets pregnant? Carlos will never grant the annulment she’s asking for. Is she supposed to be happy?

“Then what!?! What about what happened last night? Are you just going to forget that?”

His voice that stuck in her head. She’s trying to forget everything but the more she’s trying to, the more she hugs her pillow as if longing for his touch. Her body and her heart certainly know what’s this means, while her mind is on protest.

Sam didn’t expect a tear coming out. Why would her weakness even shows at this hour in the dark where her body undeniably longing for someone.

Carlos decided to stay in his pad. He couldn’t travel any longer because he was honestly drunk. He just simply staring at the ceiling, waiting for himself to fall asleep but he just couldn’t stop thinking of Sam. He tried to close his eyes, he forced himself to go to sleep and dream of her tonight.

Vimalee

Live Love Laugh
Thanks, Nikki for another great update!

So much emotion in this chapter. Both of them are hurting right now; especially Sam.

I hope she has a change of heart and is able to forgive Carlos and give him another chance, but not too soon. He has to earn her trust again and it seems like he is doing just that.

nikki1786

LizQuen
Chapter 11

Carlos woke up because of a phone call it kept ringing nonstop. He was trying to guess that it might be his father was on the line. He got up and answered the phone. “Hello?”

“Honey~!”, a cheerful voice he heard from the other line. That voice belongs to only one person he knows. Elaine.

“He-hey… Why did you call?”, he asked. Carlos could feel the hangover. He’d been drinking with Julian last night and talked about their lives.

“I called to tell you that I am finally free. Dad offered some help and he’ll take care of everything while I’m on vacation with you. Isn’t that great?”, her voice was filled with excitement. He sighed and massages his forehead.

“How are you, hon?”, he asked. It’s the least he first wanted to know. Though he already knew what she’ll say.

“I’m packing my stuff, hon. I’ll be arriving in two days time”

Carlos gets up and checked out the small calendar at the bedside table. Great. She’s coming here already and yet he haven’t solve his problem with Sam. He finally gets up and had no choice but talk to Elaine for hours. But it’s actually pretty normal for them to talk for hours since they haven’t seen each other that much because of their work—and even now that they’re far away with each other.

Another busy day for Sam; good thing no one’s visiting and pestering her today. She thought of who could be that be. But it feels like lonely and to be honest, eversince the man came back… her world starting to have chaos. She fell into his trap twice; the second one left her assurance.

“If you get pregnant, then there’s no way I’ll allow to annul our marriage”

“I didn’t use any protection…”, and words just keep echoing inside her head. What if she gets pregnant anyway?

She only got back to her senses when her secretary told her that she has a long distance call. Samantha frowned if who could that be. “Okay, thank you…”, she told her secretary while picking up her phone.

“Hel-“

“I am coming back…”, a familiar woman’s voice struck her.

“Helena???”, Sam guessed.

“Yes... it’s me. You almost forgot, right?”

“I was too busy with my work…”

“Anyways, I am coming back in two days. I want us to meet in a mall”

“Okay, don’t you want me to fetch you at the airport?”, she asked her.

“No but thanks… I can manage. We’ll just meet at the mall… and there’s one thing I want to request from you. Don’t tell Julian that I got back, okay”

“Why? He’s your-“

“Well, not anymore… I don’t want him to know that I am back. Anyway, how’s life? I heard that Carlos is back”

Samantha didn’t know where to start at first, but she’s more confident on opening up her problem with Helena. However, no matter how confident she was talking around her problems with Helena; the only thing she didn’t know was her secret marriage with Carlos. She wondered if Julian happened to mention to Helena that she’s a married woman.

Strangely… it’s been two days since Carlos didn’t bother her. Two days, her parents neither asked her if how’s going to her and Carlos. She wouldn’t want her father to visit her in the office. Before she gets stuck of thinking him again; she opened her organizer and today’s the schedule where she’s going to meet Helena.

Carlos was at the airport waiting for Elaine’s arrival.

Inside the plane Helena gets herself ready as the plane is about to land at the airport. She sort of got interested to her seatmate who looks at her ring. “Beautiful ring…”, she complimented.

The woman looked at her and smile. “It is… it’s a gift from someone special”

“I see…”

“We’re about to get married soon…”

For some reason, it hit her. How she wished Julian could propose to her. But she also thinks that it’ll never ever happen in her life. A love story that she has been wishing for will never happen. She attentively listening to this woman’s story of how did her man proposed to her.

It wasn’t much of a love story; both were busy but she guessed that these two were meant for each other since they’re both workaholic.

The plane finally stopped and all the passengers were ready to go out. They went out of the plane together and as they reached the exit area, Helena wanted to say goodbye to the woman. “It was really nice meeting you…”

“Elaine. It was nice meeting you too…”

“Helena. The guy must have been lucky to have you”, she sort of made a lie to her.

Elaine smiled at her and as she was about to say something. Someone just called her name.

“Elaine! Here!”, Carlos shouted. Both Helena and Elaine turn their head on him. “Carlos?”, Helena couldn’t clearly see him and if she was right. But Elaine frowns.

“You know him?”, Elaine asked.

“I don’t know. I can’t clearly see him”

“Come on. I will introduce you to my fiance”

“Hon!”, Elaine called Carlos. He was still smiling when she noticed him calling back then. But it faded away when a familiar face follows. “Helena?”

“I knew it~! It was you Carlos!”, her smile was full of amusement.

“Wow. This is such a small world. Hon, I met Helena in the plane. And Helena, he’s the one I am talking about…”, she smiles and holds Carlos’ hand. Showing off their engagement rings to her.

“Cool. How about a celebration?”, Helena suggested.

“Yeah, we would love that. I want you to be there—“

“Oh, I’ll surely be there—oh, how about tonight? I’m going to meet up with Samantha! She would really love to meet you, Elaine”, her voice just filled with excitement. She looked at Carlos who’s staring away from them. “Hey, Carlos! Did Samantha already know that you’re engage?”

“Huh? Of—of course she knows. She’s knows everything that happens in my life”, he didn’t know how to answer her.

“Who is Sam, hon?”

“She’s Carlos’ bestfriend. You should meet her…”

“Oh, really… then, let’s invite them over, hon?”

“Hon, you need to rest before we get to see the list of people for our wedding preparation. I’m sorry, Helena… but tonight’s the right time. I’ll keep in touch when we’re going to meet up with you again. As of now Elaine needs a rest”, he explained. But the fact that he still couldn’t imagine his situation when he sees Samantha with his fiance Elaine.

“Okay, then… there’s always a next time. Anyways, it was really nice meeting you Elaine”, she smiled. “I’ll see you guys!”, she ended as she waves her hands to them.

Carlos was driving while Elaine keeps talking about the transactions she did while she was in the States. She talks nothing but business and thought he was attentively listening to her; the fact that Carlos couldn’t think and neither finds a way for this problem. He’ll probably seek Julian’s help and he gotta tell him that Helena’s back.

“Helena!!!”, Sam waves her hand at afar. She called her friend Helena as soon as she spotted her. Helena smiles widely when she saw her long-time friend Samantha. “Sam!”

The two hug each other as it has been a long time since they haven’t seen each other. “How are you!?! Look at you now. You still look so pretty~!”, Helena said.

Samantha just smiled. “Where have you been? You went away and you never once called me”

“I just needed to think. That’s all!”, Helena said. “Let’s go find some restaurant where we can sit and talk”, she continued and grabbed Sam’s hand.

Meanwhile, Carlos was driving as Elaine requested her that she wanted some joyride. He granted her request without hesitation. He’s been driving for hours. “Mmmm… I don’t know much about the changes of the city, hon”, he said.

“I know I’ve been staying here for awhile now but I haven’t tried visiting malls and do sightseeing”, he continued.

“Then how about we do it this week? I already set our schedules if where we going and what kind of fun stuff we’ll do here”, she said. It sounded a great for both them to do something fun this time. But can he ever enjoy this moment now that he’s in trouble?

“Also, hon… I don’t have plans staying in your pad”

He frowns and wondered why. “Why is that?”

“I just thought that since we’re here to meet your father and tell him about our engagement; I just thought it’ll be awkward if he finds out that I sleep at your pad. Don’t you think?”

“Well, that make sense but I insist that you’ll stay in my pa-“

“Hon, I decided to stay at your hotel. I think it would be a good idea if I stay there. At least I get to have free tour in your hotel and I also want your father to meet me there. I wanna make a good impression”, she smiled.

Carlos could never beat Elaine’s decision. It’s his only weakness when it comes to her. She’s so worked up and thinks that she always makes the right choice. He trusts her instincts though. But there’s only one thing he can’t get off his head. His problem with two women and he’s honestly getting coward in this part.

He continued driving and they talk over all the happenings. For some reason, talking different stuff makes him forget all the problems he has right now.

“I am so full now. I think I’m gonna burst”, Helena said as she finished all the dishes she ordered. Sam didn’t order much for herself. But she did enjoy watching Helena eating all the food on their table. She’s still the same as she met her before. She can eat everything but she never gets fat. Sam wondered if what kind of appetite Helena has.

“Do you still want me to order?”

“Are you kidding me? I’m on a diet”, she joked. No matter how she says that she’s on a diet; people will never believe her. Sam cracked when Helena made another joke about her figure.

“You’re still the same, Helena. You never fail to make me laugh; you know that I always love you making me laugh…”, she continually laugh. But Helena got the hint already. This friend of hers has a problem.

“Tell me, you laugh because you have a problem?”, Helena’s about to get serious.

“What?”, Sam keeps laughing. She didn’t stop and still want more of Helena’s joke. “I laugh because this is one thing I miss about you”

Helena believed her but the fact that Sam wanted to laugh because she wanted to forget the person who hurt her or was she the one who ends up hurting herself. She thought. Carlos was making a choice for her; for both of them. What’s good for both of them and he was offering a good choice; but part of her can’t help but avoids him and hates him.

“Okay, fine you miss me this way… How about we celebrate in my pad? You, me…”

“And Julian?”

“No. He’s not invited. But we can invite Carlos and his fiance Elaine to come over”, Helena said.

She was still laughing until she heard Carlos name and his fiance. “Elaine?”

“I supposed you already know. Carlos said himself that you know about his engagement with Elaine”, Helena said. For a moment she was thinking about her and Carlos. However, hearing his fiance’s name suddenly struck her. She wasn’t listening to Helena anymore.

“Hey… are you listening?”

“What? What is that again?”

“Urgh~! I said I met his fiance in the plane. I met Carlos awhile ago at the airport”, she repeated.

“Carlos was at the airport?”

“Yeah. He was there to fetch his fiance. You gotta meet her in person. She’s really nice and all pretty. No wonder Carlos gave her a big carat… He must be in love. You know it’s my first time to see him like that; he was all shy in front of his fiance…”

The more Helena keeps on going with her talk; the more she gets stab deep inside. She was hurt and she just couldn’t imagine Carlos being happy with that woman. Then what if she really gets pregnant? Will Carlos really break his engagement with that woman?

Sam was all alone in her room. She couldn’t sleep as Carlos’ images keeps bothering her. She also couldn’t help but think if what they’re doing right now. Minutes later, she decided to get up. Sam even bothered herself to go upstairs and went to the storage room.

There were boxes everywhere but the red box that is at the left upper corner is where she put all the important belongings. Including some stuff that Carlos gave her. She opened the box and easily found another small box that holds a memory before he left. It was the ring that he had for her on their wedding night. She thought of throwing it away that time but she couldn’t. Sam even ended up wearing it for the short time until she saw him with another woman. She came back to the country and thought of throwing away the ring again but she ended up keeping it in this little box.

Sam was still holding the ring. Thinking of him right now and remember what Helena said that he gave his fiance a big carat; she thought of throwing it again.

Vimalee

Live Love Laugh
I don't want to be in Carlos' position right now. He got himself in this mess and I don't know how he could get himself out of this headache. I will leave that to our talented writer, Nikki, hehehehe.

Ohhh Sam, I feel sad for you. Love hurts, isn't it? Especially, when your man, wait in this case your husband is with another woman and not any woman but his fiancee right now.

Thanks again, Nikki!

nikki1786

LizQuen
Chapter 12

After ordering the employees to make Elaine feel comfortable in his hotel; the two went straight to the designated hotel room. Carlos gave her the finest and luxurious room of their hotel; that only VIPs can afford.

“Are you sure you don’t want me to get anything?”, he asked her.

“Yeah, I’m good and I feel like I want to rest now…”, Elaine told him. “You should be going now and tomorrow we’ll see each other again…”

He knew she was tired; he drove for hours just for a joyride. Tomorrow will be another day for both of them. They said their goodbyes and as he passed by to his office before going home to check some of files to bring.

Carlos thought of bringing them home but he decided to finish all of the files before going home or maybe stay for night in the office. He then thought of his problem and Sam. He needed to fix this soon or the ones who will get him will be Sam’s father.

The next day…

Sam received a message from Carlos given by her secretary as she came late to her work. She thought of not listening to his message but Sam couldn’t help it. She turned on the button…

“I guess you heard it from Helena. I called not because I wanted to argue with you or force you about our relationship. I’ll give what you want so please meet up with me tonight at my pad…”, after hearing the message Samantha thought about her secretary receiving this message. And so she called her.

“Yes, ma’am?”, Gale was standing in front of her.

“Did dad called today?”

“No, ma’am…”

“What about a message?”

“No, ma’am…”

“Did you called him and reported something?”

“And what is that?”

“I called him about the reports you told me to inform him”

“You didn’t tell him that Carlos—my husband called?”

“No, ma’am—I was about to but I didn’t-“, she didn’t finish her sentence. Sam looked at her in the eye; Gale was being honest but nervous.

“But what Miss Jacinto?”

“…I just thought that it’s not my business”

“Not all people in this company knows my relationship with Carlos. I hired you as my secretary because I want entrust you as well to all my transactions or whatever’s happening in this company”

“I know that ma’am. But last time, when you told me not to welcome Mr. Ancheta, your father told me that he happens to be your husband…”

“Well, that I forgot to tell you about us. But now that you know, I hope you don’t tell anything to my father…”, she told her enough reasons but she didn’t further wanna share her reasons between her and Carlos. “Can I trust you, Gale?”

“Yes, ma’am…”

“You can go back to work now…”, she commanded her and Gale find her way out of her office right away.

Carlos sees Elaine a bit sad. He doesn’t know the reason and though she’s not trying to make it obvious; he can tell that she’s a lil bit bother by something.

“Is there something bothering you, Elaine?”, he asked her. They stopped by at the fancy restaurant and decided to have their lunch there.

“Nothing. This is just lack of sleep…”

“Do you want me to take you back to the hotel room?”

“No but thanks… I would love to spend a day with you”

“We can spend quality time in the hotel if you want to…”, he sounded as if it has a meaning. Elaine probably didn’t know how to take it at first. “I mean we can go watch movies or you can just sleep the whole day and I’ll just be around with you”, he explained.

“I wanna go visit check out some amusement parks here, how about that?”, she suggested and starts to cheer up.

Sam received a call from Jeric. He invited her to go out with him; at first she refused but when Jeric really insist. She decided to grant his request. So she finished some of her files and canceled some of the meetings. There she goes meet up with Jeric.

“How were you? It’s been awhile since the last time we got out together…”, he asked while they were at the coffee shop. Sam was done with her order.

“I’m good… I am just busy with work as usual”, she timidly answer.

“You seem so down… is there something wrong?”, he noticed right away.

“No—uh… I’m fine”, she tried to smile.

Jeric found a way to cheer her up. Jeric decided to bring her to an amusement park; it felt like they were kids as soon as they entered the amusement park. Sam doesn’t like crowded places such as disco bars and this one but she needs someone who can cheer her up and there was Jeric who’s trying to.

They took some of the fancy rides and after that Jeric wanted to get some stuff toy for her and so he tried the shooting booth.

The two were at the shooting booth when Elaine didn’t expect to see Jeric in such place. She wondered if he was following her. “Jeric…”

“Elaine… it’s nice to see you here—oh, you’re with…Mr. Ancheta”, he looked at him and both were looking at each other. Carlos didn’t expect to see Sam who was with Jeric.

“I guessed you already met Jeric, hon… you attended the event, right?”, she asked.

“Of course we met there. Mr. Ancheta here’s having a conversation with Samantha…”, he pulled her closer to him. Their moment was just getting even more awkward for both of them.

“She’s a family friend. A best of friend actually…”, Carlos explained.

“Ahh! You’re the one that Helena mentioned about. So you’re Carlos’ best of friend…”, Elaine greeted her.

“Sam… this is Elaine; my fiance. Elaine this is Sam; my best of friend”, Carlos introduced both of them. The moment he introduced the two with each other; he could definitely see the mixture of sadness and madness in her eyes. Sam wore a smile for both of them.

Elaine shares that Carlos was about a stuff toy for her; that’s why they were at the shooting booth. Jeric wanted to get some stuff toy for Sam, and so these two men were holding a shotgun.

The four of them stayed there together for a long time. The two; Carlos and Jeric battled one another for prize that they want to give to their respective girls who were watching them. Elaine cheered for Carlos. She showed as if a public display of affection when she gave him a kiss on the lips as luck.

Carlos caught Sam who sadly stares at him and Elaine. How he wished it would be her who kissed him.

“It’s still early…”, says Elaine as she still wanted to invite Sam to dine out. Her hand wrapped into his arm; Sam couldn’t avoid and think that it was a jest that Elaine did—or maybe she just hated the fact that she used to clung in that man’s arm. She belongs there.

“I need to go home early. I still got a lot of work to do…”, Jeric said.

“So am I… You two should go dine out”, Sam said.

Elaine didn’t force the two to join them anymore but she and Carlos gave their farewells to them. Sam caught Carlos’ gaze. She was about to get inside of Jeric’s car. When she finally got inside; she got confuse of how Carlos gaze at her. There were sadness and regret.

She knew that both of them are pushing away with each other.

“Can I stay at your place?”, Elaine asked while they were eating at the restaurant. He wondered why all of a sudden she decided to stay at his pad.

“Well, yeah… sure”, of course he wasn’t sure. Tonight’s the time he’s going to meet up with Sam at his place. But will Sam surely come?

“Why? Don’t you like the place—“

“I do love it… but I can’t seem to sleep at night. Do you have another room where I can sleep?”

“Well, you can use my room. I’ll just go sleep at the living room”, he said. He couldn’t say NO to her. Besides she’s a guest.

Elaine also shared that she’s going somewhere tomorrow. She wanted to meet up with her friends and that he doesn’t have to be with her especially that he needs to get back to work. She only gets some few of her clothes to wear for tomorrow. She then got back to Carlos’ car as she’s going to stay at his place.

Jeric dropped her at her place. Sam thanked him for the treat and they bid their farewell with each other. She was tired and all she felt that moment were mixed feelings of hurt, hatred and jealousy. She maintained her composure for hours because she’s with Jeric.

Meeting Elaine made her feel a little bit of insecure. She’s nice and pretty; the way she talks it seems like she can captivate men in just one sentence. Sam even noticed how Jeric was looking at Elaine intently; as if he knew her so long.

But she couldn’t avoid the issue between her and Carlos. She thought of separating after seeing him and meeting his fiance.

Sam wanted to relax and she was closing her eyes while staying at the bathtub. Hours later, she was half asleep and only woke up when someone’s knocking on the door. Before she could go out and get the door; she didn’t expect that it was raining hard.

She put her robe on and got out of her room to check if who happens to be her visitor. As soon as she opens the door; Sam didn’t expect to see Carlos—drench and wet.

“Ca—Carlos…”, she didn’t know if Sam had to pity him or would she let him in. “Wha—what are you doing here?”, she asked and she suddenly remembers that they should met up today. Sam supposedly met up with him in his place but she didn’t.

“I came to give you this…”, he handed her some documents.

“What’s this?”

“The one you’re asking for”, he looked intently to her eyes. His gaze went down and to her chest—Carlos followed the wetness that keeps dripping on her skin; down to her cleavage. Sam knew where he was looking at and so she covered up her cleavage.

“I’m going now. I may not be able to go if I stay longer…”