My Heart's For Sale :: Rome/Rita

n_naruk

TOOMTAM :: CHALiDA
Oh my...Rome's story...very sad...got me sad with it even tho it's just a story...hehehe...hopefully Rita will open up to Rome...

For the first two stories, love can make pple do stupid things...like hurting and torturing themselves like that...which it's not even worth it at all!

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
finally caught up... wow.. very interesting so far. So........ it seems like Rome is trying to help Rita cause his wife cut out her own heart, which is kind of ironic cause Rita jokingly said to cut out her heart since it was for sale. Nice.

transcend89

sarNie Adult
yep just like you said cutefuzzy his reason to help her is very sweet i like it update soon should i prepare myself for another sad update

cutefuzzy

maplestory addict xD
just to let u gurls noe, im having my final exam on the 7th,8th and 9th January .. so won't be able to update as much as before ..

cutefuzzy

maplestory addict xD
[ Chapter 10 ]

It was ironic looking at how history repeats itself. It could be said that the scene was similar at some point while the only different was the time frame. Back then, the room was filled with nothing but tears; accompanied by a gloomy astmosphere. Even in the present day, the small and cubicle room still can't contain those depressing feelings anymore. Those white walls were shedding itself as the doctor kneeled down, in front of the small window -- crying. He tried to hide his past deep within his heart for far too long. Who would had knew that one mere note could have alter his life forever. Just like that. The woman who was still bound and sitting on the wheelchair could say nothing and feel nothing except for regret. Here she thought, all her life, that she was the 'condemned one' by God. Only she alone was given a bad experience -- an awful past.

Maybe she was wrong about him.

Maybe she should had trusted him.

Maybe it wasn't maybe at all.

She wanted to try wiping her tears. But. She just realized that she can no longer command her hands to do stuff as she pleases -- she was still bounded by the straitjacket. She was not sure if she's able to reveal her past to him, yet, but she knew he had no right to bring her here in the first place. She had done nothing wrong. Even if she wanted to be difficult, what was his right to judge her? Who was HE to HER? Selfish as she may seem, Rita was right. She was taken into this place against her will and she may file for a police report anytime she wants. But the question is, was she willing enough to let this one chance taken away? A chance to set herself free from those 'evil past' of hers. So many decisions to be decided. Yet, she was confused to even decide which is which. Finally, he stood up.

"I'm sorry for even bringing you here in the first place, it was silly of me." He apologized while wiping his tears.

"You may think I'm sissy eh? Crying like a crybaby .." He walked to the back of the wheelchair and started unstrapping the straitjacket.

"No. You're neither a sissy or a crybaby." She finally spoke.

"Well, that doesn't matter anymore. The thing is .. I don't even know what got into me. Till I reacted this way .." He explained, finally releasing Rita from the ruthless jactket.

"What do you mean?" She tried feeling her hand. It was numb.

"Me bringing you here .. and .. forcing you to do stuff against your will .. I'm sorry .."

"..." Rita stood up and walked to the window. She was quiet.

"You won't forgive me?"

"..." Still no response. She looked out at the window aimlessly.

"I guess .." He sighed. ".. that means, everything should end now." He paused and reluctantly said, "You're free now .. I don't own your heart anymore .."

"Eh?" The last phrase really caught her attention. "Are you serious about this??"

"Yeah. Of course. I was so stupid to even think that I could helped you!" He laughed sinically at himself.

"How could I have own your heart .. if you had never sold it to me in the first place? I was silly .. foolish .. stupid .. selfish .. dum--"

Rita walked closed him and put her hand onto his mouth.

"Shhhh .. don't blame yourself. You were a victim too. I'm sorry, Rome .."

He gently took off her hand. Carried her and place her on the bed in a sitting position. He kneeled down. Took one of her hand again and held it firmly in between both of his hands.

"Then .."

He looked into her eyes. Hesitated for a moment and continued on saying ..

"..Miss Rita, are you willing to trust me - a complete stranger - with your heart?"

"I guess .. I can't really run away from you now can I?" She smiled. "But .."

"But what?"

"Erm .. are you willing to buy a heart .. which no longer able to bleed .. as its already a stone?"

"I do." He smiled. "Plus, here's something I want you to hold for me till I fix that broken heart of yours .."

Rome put his hand into his right pocket and took out a crystal clear red object .. he then carefully placed it on Rita's palm.

"I'm trusting you to safeguard this heart of mine. I can't really manage both of our hearts at the same time you know .." He laughed. "But, if I ever fail in healing your heart .. you can keep mine. Leave me heartless, cause I'm a bad owner then .. right?"

"Yes Sir!"

She giggled and of course, for the first time in many years .. the tears coming out of her eyes were .. the tears of joy.

fun

Expired Sarnie
such a bittersweet story. i get all :lmao: and then back to :spin: and now I am :)

cutefuzzy

maplestory addict xD
[ Chapter 11 ]

It was almost impossible for both of them to relate to each other. Even their ranks in society differ. One was a sought after psychiatrist while the other was just a mere bar owner. Two complete strangers, yet, they were brought together due to their dreadful past. That's fate. Fate plays with the feelings of their human pawns. Hurting them at first, leaving them bleeding alone and if they did survive -- they'll be presented with a gift. Maybe a knight in shiny armor or better, a soulmate to cure their heartbroken disease. Tears which was once seen shedding the walls of the room suddenly stopped as the laughter by a man and a woman magically painted back the walls. They talked a lot the whole night. Mainly about random stuff, Rome didn't want to squeeze out her past yet -- there's no need to rush in the healing process. They chatted non-stop till they didn't even realise when they fell asleep.

Footsteps could be heard walking down the hallway. Each step taken could be heard clearer as its pace was fast yet firm. Suddenly it stopped at the front of a familiar door. The shadow entered. A familiar figure alright, a woman with a white coat. One hand holding some files while the other corrected her glasses. It was Donna, Dr. Donna. Just as she wanted to say something, her mouth just couldn't. The scenery was so sweet, what's left was a smile stuck onto her face. She could see Rita lying down on the side sleeping while her brother-in-law, Rome, was sitting on a chair yet his head was placed on Rita's hand -- still sleeping.

Ah .. I better not disturb them ..

She smiled and as she was about to go out of the door, a loud noise .. no, a roar could be heard. Yep, he's awake.

"Ahhhh .. morning Donna. What time is it?"

"Well, morning to you .. but afternoon to me." She teased.

"Oh my, I slept that long?"

"You mean 'we'?" She couldn't help it, it was fun teasing the grumpy guy she once knew.

"Haha .. stop it would you. Look at her, she's still sleeping like a pig .." Rome started stretching as he looked at Rita.

"Well, at least she don't snore like one .. haha .. how could she sleep with you .. you're so noisy!"

"Ahahahaha .. anyways, what brought you here?"

"Nothing much really .. but--"

"How could it be a 'nothing' when there's a 'but'?"

"That's a good point .. haha. Don't worry, it's a good news .. about the board. They're happy that you're back."

"Oh well, I've been quiet for far too long eh?"

"Yup." She nodded.

"Anyways, just so they know .. I won't treat other patients yet."

She gave a glance to Rita. "Erm .. because of her?"

"Just give me some time Don .. I want to cure her first .. ok?"

"Don't worry about me. You just do your thing. I'll cover it up for you later." She winked.

"Haha .. thanks a lot. You're a lifesaver .."

"Not me .. it's her. Treasure her .. Rome."

Without any goodbye, she went towards the door, waved in a backward manner and left the room. The only response he could give was by shaking his head. What was he going to do with his naughty sister-in-law? She is true though. Life somehow looked different when she came into his life. Or technically, he kidnapped her into his life. He laughed. He turned at look at the woman who's still sleeping. He went closer and sat down on the chair again. Slowly .. yet gently, he put his head on her chest.

Dub .. Dab .. Dub .. Dab ..

Maybe she was feeling uneasy. It was as if there was burden lying on her chest -- it was heavy. She twitched her eyes a little. Her vision was blurry at first but finally, it was clear enough to see what's happening.

"Morning sunshine .."

"Rome, what is your head doing on my chest?"

"Don't worry .. I'm not a perv."

"That's not an answer .."

"Well, I was curious on how your heart sounded like when you're asleep .."

"Oh .."

"It sounded really cute .."

"I thought all heartbeat sound the same .."

"Well, your heartbeat sound different to me. It's like music to my ear .. I love it."

"It's your heart now anyways .. keep it!" She poked his cheek.

"You are right on that one .. haha .."

"Anyways, Rome .. I've been thinking .."

"Yeah?"

"I think .. it's time that I told you my past .."

Rome gave out a sigh. He knows it won't be easy for her. This is a big sacrifice for her though some might look at it as a simple task.

"Erm .. are sure you want to do this?"

"Yeah .." She tried forcing a smile.

"Don't worry, we'll get through this .. together."