Say You Love Me (NY Fanfic)

NY2018

always supporting ny ♡
Thank you for coming back and updating the story. Hope you're doing well! :):icon12:

P.S I will definitely make sure to catch up during my holidays. @annmott

fresh

sarNie Adult
Wow I like the set up for this story so far. After watching Versace on the floor, I really want more mature/hot/sexy characters for NY. Can’t wait for more updates. Thank you @annmott

annmott

sarNie Hatchling
A/N: Another short update

Chapter 3 - Be Mean To Me

"Am I doing this right?"

Astraea asked the instructor as she tried to balance herself on the board yet again for what must be like the nth time... Well, tried is the keyword here for she never knew how hard this sport is in reality!

And as if she summoned it, a large wave came crashing down that almost threw her out of her board if not for the quick reflex of her trainer who readily hold her hands to stop her from falling.

"Pour l'amour de Dieu (For goodness sake)", she couldnt help exclaiming out loud, running her fingers through her hair after recovering, "How hard could this be?"

Why on earth does this thing looks so easy for other people anyway?

"Y-You're doing good Madamoiselle!", her eager trainer continuously sent her encouraging and praising messages which made her eyebrows raise and seriously question if he is on his right mind - cause he is not making any sense.

She had already fallen several times more than she can count on both hands and feet since she began and that was still considered good?

Goodie.

Well then she could be a pro in no time!

And again, as if she said the magic word, she found herself falling on the water straight in the arms of her trainer just like how it had been since the start of her session.

"Merci le moni-" (Thank you instructor)

Or so she thought...

"I thought I told you not to do this", someone suddenly whispered on her ear that she felt goosebumps crawl on her skin, feeling his hot breath on her neck as he speak with obvious irritation.

It couldnt be...

"Theo?", she asked in shock to which he only grunted in reply.

What the heck is this guy doing here? Didnt she already ditched him earlier?

"P-put me dow-n", she protested half heartedly.

Theo, the annoying guy that he is starting to be, only looked at her like he is the one entitled to be annoyed in this kind of situation.

Like seriously?

What is his problem? Didnt he made it clear that he dont want anything to do with her and these 'dangerous' activities? Why is he making it look like she had done something grave now eh?

'Connard (Asshole)', she couldnt help but whisper underneath her breath.

But then again, she could just turn this situation into her favor...

Yes.

Thats right.

What can a person do when opportunity comes knocking? Well if this is an invitation, then he could be her guess.

Astraea took one deep breath, summoning her confidence before she slowly wrap her arms around his neck, instantly frozing him in place.

Leaning forward, her index finger lightly graces his face, tracing his jawline with feather like touch before she released a soft whisper on his ear, "What do you think you're doing?"

"I-I'm erm-", Theo stuttered in response, his hands beginning to loosen his tight hold on her that Astraea could only smirk and roll her eyes.

Men and their weakness.

Without wasting any time, she got back on her feet and made a move back towards her instructor.

"W-where are you going?", he asked at once after realising her coy, his thick brows almost fusing again that Astraea had to surpress another smirk.

"Riding the board?" she replied back, rolling her eyes before climbing up the board with the help of her instructor who now looked quite unsure, wondering if he's doing the right thing...

"Selene!", Theo growls as he goes after her that Astraea had to look back, thinking she is starting on hearing things. Totally unprepared with the sight of him, staring at her with such intensity that she almost go down and follow his wishes.

Almost for she luckily had a tight grip on her sanity. Thank goodness she isnt one who can be easily blinded by good looks.

"What?", she replied back as if he did not bother her at all even when he calls her name again, this time, with warning on his tone.

"Erm- Sir?", called the instructor.

Goodness, even the instructor had to get involved?

"I think you should-"

The poor guy never got to finish whatever he is saying for all it took was one look from Theo and he instantly zipped his mouth shut, his hands that was previously holding her into place dropped like a hot potato.

Its not like she could blame her instructor though for Theo's brows almost fuse together in frustration, glaring at him.

And it doesnt hurt that Theo's family practically owned the island itself.

Although, she had to give it to him for trying to defend her even if it didnt even took him a minute to change sides.

It was just then that another big wave came hurling towards them that would have made her fall back again if not for Theo's quick reflex for he had her back in his arms in no time, but this time, it seems like he wasnt going to let her go back on her feet any soon.

"Let me go!", Astraea tried to squirm even when she knew that there was no saving her now as Theo moves in large fast stride across the white sandy beach.

"No way baby", he replied back triumphantly.
In all honesty, she really is just enjoying what is supposed to be her vacation, what is wrong with that?

"But I was just having fun!" Astraea tried to get her point across the heartless man, "And I told you not to call me bab-..."

Her words were swallowed upon their arrival on a somewhat haunted looking cabin, complete with a sign do not enter and a fence surrounding it.

Theo do not seem to mind though for he walks towards the entrance confidently.

Uh-Oh.

Did he finally snap?

Astraea took a deep breath, seriously preparing to shout and ask for help, never mind her so called mission...

Goodness, this isnt what she signed up for!

But wait- looking back, she didnt even do that much to warrant this reaction from him this soon!

Her eyes instinctively closes as her hand fisted on his clothes at the alarming thought incase he truly went ahead and lost his mind only to hear his chuckle as he dropped her off, her back touching something soft.

Silence passed through as she just laid there unmoving, trying to feel her surrounding and fearing for the worst...

"You can open your eyes you know", he stated calmly that she could almost hear the question in his voice, as if he couldnt comprehend her reaction, "Everything is perfectly normal here"

"If taking girls into a somewhat haunted looking place norm-", Astraea began to rant before she stopped after finally opening her eyes, only to see a furbish contemporary looking place.

She almost couldnt believe it. Totally amazed at how the interior, surprisingly complements the old design of the cabin as it gives off the feeling of stepping in two combined timeline that she momentarily forgotten what she is going to say.

"What did you expect?", he said with laughter in his voice.

When did she get this assuming? Damn.

Astraea couldnt help but scowl.

She should really stop watching those suspense thriller shows that only fuels her already over active imagination.

"Or perhaps you're expecting this?"

Or Maybe not.

Astraea was totally taken by surprise by his sudden move as he had her trap on place, both hands on either side of her as he leans forward rather too close for comfort.

"Lady you shouldnt be teasing men like that you know", he says while he push her stray hair behind her ears.

Busted now arent we?

"W-what did i do?", she tried to deny, acting as innocent as she could.

"Come on", he stated as if that was the most obvious thing in the world. "Dont tell me you did not notice those surfer guys who keeps on giving you pointers?"

Wait- What? Astraea do not need to fake her confused look now for she is truly baffled.

"No?", he asked, his brows knotting again as he looks at her as if she is a puzzle that he us trying to solve.

What the heck is he on about? She seriously thought he is talking about her 'seduction' skills ON him, if you could even call it that because apparently, he did not even notice anything. Is she trying too hard? Or maybe it is due to the fact that she had no experienced in this kind of things... not that she is planning to expand her knowledge on this matter because she wont be caught dead doing this with anyone else.

"What about your trainer whose hands are almost everywhere?"

Everywhere? Is that how guys think?

Astraea gasped in shock at his scandalous accusation that she just had to reply back and defend herself, "Well they are professional so I should probably listen and take their advise if I wanted to learn anything"

It is not as if her lesson had been free of charge, maybe then she could worry about their intention. She paid them after all, so she expected them to be professionals.

"Damn it Selene", Theo finally bursted, sighing out loud in frustration as if he is giving up, "Are you even for real?"

"Honestly what is your problem?", she couldnt help but fire back cause she isnt sure she understands the situation. "I mean I asked you to accompany me earlier and you said no so I couldn't quite comprehend why the hell are you acting like my overprotective brother"

"I am not your brother"

Isnt that obvious? Astraea rolled her eyes.

"Would you rather me call you my father that is just wro-", she started to shot back sarcastically which must have triggered Theo for he suddenly leans even more closer, she could almost feel his breath, his piercing gaze trained on her.

"I dont think you're getting my point", he spoke with warning tone, his voice sending shivers down her spine that she felt quite suffocated, she just had to look away.

Placing a hand on his chest , she tried to push him off her with no avail, "If you must know, you are attracting quite the attention. Better be careful if you know what's good for you"

Wait a minute- He is seriously telling her to be careful if she knows what is good for her?!

If only he knew...

She thinks it should be the other way around.

"But- I have you here with me", Astraea swallowed her nervousness and look at him in the eye as she said those words that she knew someone like him would like to hear to feed their ego, "So why should I worry?"

Her words must have affected him though for he could only look at her in silence, searching the truth in her eyes.

"Levant you're speedboat is rea-", the resounding voice of a man who suddenly opened the door and entered the cabin aimlessly caught them by surprise that they didnt have enough time to react as the guy awkwardly scratch his head and left as fast as he came saying, "Erm- Ill j-just go and wait outside"

Theo finally moved away from her, burying his head at the space next to her with a groan while Astraea, on the other hand could barely contain her delight at the turn of events.

After all, being caught in a compromising situation with Theo is good right?

Finally.

She is making progress eh?

'La vie est belle', (Life is good)

Astraea could only hid her smile at his reaction, pretending to symphatize with him instead.

--------------------------------------------------
A/N: Who is seducing who again? :risas3:

Noora

sarNie Egg
Thankyou for this amazing update....cant wait for the next update
And i would like you to suggest that you can add some images in the updates too like you used to add in silverlining....that makes the fanfic super interesting ...lol

NY2018

always supporting ny ♡
Finally had the chance to read and catch up with the story. It seems like someone is starting to fall in love and worry. ;):icon12:

I also can't wait for the next update. Thank you! :) @annmott

Last edited:

annmott

sarNie Hatchling
Chapter 4 - Hands to Myself

A/N: If you guys still havent noticed, I am having throwback on Jonas Brothers songs and I am just starting with Joe's. Next chap will probably have Nick's music :naughty2:

Song:

"You got it all wrong earlier"

Astraea heard Theo speak as she subtly move towards the two, making herself look preoccupied with taking photos and selfies instead.

Oh well...

This pictures might come handy someday anyway. More receipts in the future eh?

"I swore there is nothing at all between the two of us"

Astraea almost sniggered at hearing another defensive stance from Theo.

Damn funny cause they are starting to sound like they were having a lover's quarrel.

Anyhow.

She had learned that Uncle Kho, the person that Theo is talking to, is actually the one who is tasked to oversee the whole island and according to him, the older guy has been on their family service for quite a long while.

Makes one think she hits the jackpot eh?

Cause those guys were almost always the one who report about the wrong doing of the rebelious kiddo to their parents right? Just like in the movies.

Unfortunately for her, the guy seems to have Theo's loyalty.

Too much, if she had her say, cause the old guy had given her the once over assessment look during their introduction as if he was checking if she could be trusted.

For a moment then, she honestly felt scared at the thought of being caught in her deceit.

Not when they are in the middle of the ocean and in foreign land.

She didnt know what happened though for the next second, Mr. Kho seemed to have given her the pass, laughing out loud and thumping the young man on his back when she only called out Theo's name.

That particular scene earlier confused her to no end cause she honestly could not comprehend what exactly transpired that the older guy's whole demeanor towards her instantly changed.

"Its okay", Mr. Kho chuckled his response at Theo, "I am a supportive Uncle, I even sent the guy who was supposed to drive this boat around home so we could avoid erm- unwanted attention"

Wouldnt it be better if he did no such thing?
Would probably make things a whole lot easier... Heh

"Uncle! Stop laughing", Theo sounds ridiculously serious, "Selene and I are just erm - f-friends?"

Friends?

Sure.

He might be more convincing though if he didnt stutter at the end.

Although she could understand his hesitation cause they havent really bonded long enough to be considered as friends...

"Really!", Theo insisted to a rather amused looking Uncle Kho. Godbless his honest soul but the old guy isnt buying anything.

Astraea personally think that he really should stop talking... or he would do her a favor and dug his own grave. A small chuckle escape from her at the thought.

Now that would be an interesting develoment eh?

But alas, Mr. Kho must have heard her and finally took notice of her close proximity, catching her looking at them that she had to force a smile out, thinking fast, she had to pretend instead to ask if she could take their pictures.

"Can I erm-take photos of the two of you?", she asked while raising her camera.

"Erm- Im not.... sure", Theo began.

Oh.

"Its okay", Astraea forced a smile out, feigning her disappointment, "I understand if this might cause you inconvenience..."

"Of course not!", Mr. Kho surprisingly came to her defense, the older guy waved her hand in an invitation, giving space for her to stand in between the two of them.

"Im quite sure Theo's friend would never be inconvenient to him"

Mr. Kho stated in an afterthought, smiling with a hint of mischief which earned a groan of annoyance from Theo and a confused looked from her.

What is up now?!

Astraea honestly felt puzzled with the exchange...

Before she could ask anything though, Theo hurriedly ran away and jump towards the water taking the board with him with a splash.

"That kiddo never change", Mr. Kho shake his head at Theo's reaction with a gentle smile on his face, "He still loves running away"

Well... she really couldnt blame him though.

Who knows that it could be so much fun? Damn. Why did she only did this now?

To be honest, she is quite envious recalling Kiara's stories about her carefree brother who never let anyone dictate his path. She is amazed with his guts thats why she genuinely wanted to know why, for a man who loves his freedom, did he agree with the fixed marriage in the first place?

Cause it just doesnt make sense..

"I trust that you know what you're doing Miss Selene?", Mr. Kho suddenly speak in all seriousness, a hint of warning in his tone that she couldnt help but look back and met his gaze.

The old man is probably talking about the danger of getting involved with a playboy and one that is already in an arrange marriage.

Does she knew what she's doing?

Her answer is yes.

She likes to believe that she does.

But only to an extent cause she does not need to really put herself out there right? Not when she isnt planning on getting herself skin deep into this matter. If he takes the bait then great, but if not, then she wouldnt force herself.

"Selene!", Theo suddenly called out breaking the atmosphere while waving his hands, calling her as he sat on top of his board.

"I-I erm-", Astraea stood torn for a moment, not knowing what she is supposed to do what with Mr. Kho's eyebrows raised at her.

"Well if you're sure then go on", Mr. Kho tipped his head towards Theo's direction, looking at her with curiosity in his eyes, "Do not mind me"

Astraea felt bad for a second at putting another name on the list at this deceit.

If only he knew how right he is.

Before her conscience began to eat her some more, Astraea jumps in the water and swim towards her prey.

--------------------------------------------------------

"So is this ALL we're going to do all day long?"

Astraea asked Theo rather boredly as she paddles around, laying on the surfboard while he sat along the shores of the beach.

"Uhuh", the damn guy replied in a monotone, not even sparing her a glance.

Astraea couldnt help sighing out loud at their exchange. For the love of all- she really thought this would be a fun-filled afternoon!

Not this boring one, what with Mr. Kho busy doing some fishing quite a few meters away from them, and Theo doing god knows what in the white sand.

Or maybe she just had too much of high hope knowing how adventurous Theo is?

Why did he brought the speedboat again if they're just going to stop near the coast on the other side of the island?

At this rate, he seemed to be more interested with the sand... than her?

Unbelievable.

What the heck is he doing with that damn thing anyway? Cause that is just doing numbers on her self confidence.

Is she that uninteresting?

"You've got to familiarize yourself with it first", Theo added absentmindedly, "Feel the ocean, be one with it so you could move with it smoothly"

He has a point though and she had to admit that his strategy is effective. in fact, the time she spent here made her feel more at ease with the water now! However, at the pace they are going, it seems like her parents might have caught up with her first before she got to do any real surfing.

With a sigh, Astraea turn around from her position and laid down on her back instead.

"Can we speed things up?", she asked, closing her eyes and raising her hand to her forehead to block the glare from the sun. If this continue any longer, she wouldnt be surprised if she fell asleep right here, in the ocean, using Theo's surf board as her bed as the waves of the ocean starts to be a lullaby.

"Listen to me mademoiselle, I am a professional surfer", he answered rather distractedly.

"I know!", An idea entered her mind at his mention of the word professional, she excitedly paddles towards him using one hand while the other is underneath her chin, "Why dont we - what do those surfers earlier call that again? Duo wakeboarding? They said it is easy when they are offering to try it with me"

"You mean tandem wakesurfing?", Theo asked with a furrowed eyebrow as he let loose some several curses, "Those motherf*ckers. What did you answer them scoundre-"

Bingo.

At last, she must have caught his attention for he began speaking again with irritation in his voice only for it to drop midsentence upon setting his sights on her. His intense eyes scanning her body making her blush.

Good thing that her skin is already flushed from the heat of the sun or she couldnt hide what his stare is making her feel.

"No of course", she told him trying to act cool and unaffected as she gaze back at him now that she's near enough face to face, raising her eyebrows at his confounded eyes. She could not very well back down now, couldnt she?

"W-wha- What?", Theo stuttered, looking rather dazed while he automatically placed a hand on the surfboard to control its movements and stop it from moving away.

"Tandem wakesurfing?", she asked in almost a whisper.

"Oh right", Theo breathed out, his eyes glued on her lips, "Yes... w-we could- we could probably do that"

Uhuh. That would be awesom-

Wait.

Did he just?

"Really?", Astraea asked bewildered, her voice rising a notch that must have alerted Theo that something is off, he had to shake his head in confusion like he had just awoken from a deep slumber before he groan out loud realizing his folly.

Hmm... Astraea couldnt help but wonder as she stare at the problematic looking Theo.

Maybe- Just maybe, she really had quite a shot on this. That is, as long as she keep her head and never forget who's who in this mission.

++++++++++

"1 - 2 --", Astraea heard Theo began to count behind her as she tried to balance herself on the surfboard, holding on the rope tight that is connected with the speedboat that Mr. Kho is driving. Theo's left hand is holding her waist while the other is clutching her hand rather tight.

In other times, she must have refused being touch like this but today, she does not mind for as long as they do not fall off this contraption.

Yes.

Her convincing powers had shown itself once again or maybe they just lost their minds for a brief second that she had him agree to do this tandem wakesurfing with her.

Either way, she does not regret anything cause this is proving to be one of the most enjoyable thing she had ever done in her whole life! Not like she had many but considering that it is with some sort of a stranger... that is quite a feat.

"-3!", Theo suddenly shouts the key word prompting her to let go of the rope.

"Aaahh", Astraea screamed out loud as
their surf board wiggled almost throwing them off their balance if not for Theo's quick reflex.

Her scream turns into a shout of excitement until all she could feel is happiness with this new kind of adventure.

Thank goodness this thing can be done successfully with only one person doing all the work that all she had to do is to try not to resist his movement so their board can move along swiftly with the waves.

Hmmm... this must be what freedom feels like, she thought as she closed her eyes, feeling the wind on her hair.

Lovely.

If only this freedom of hers could last longer... But she knew that it is quite impossible. It will be only a matter of time before her parents found her location and inevitably bring her back home.

"You okay there?", Theo asked noticing her sudden stillness.

Astraea breathed out her worries away pushing the thought at the back of her mind and turning towards Theo with a beaming smile instead saying, "Never been better"

Cr. NAYALH on YT

That was the last thing she knew before they toppled off the water as he seemingly loses his concentration.

-----------------------------------------------------

"That was so much fun!" Astraea laugh out loud while Mr. Kho and Theo helped her up the speedboat .

"You sure she's okay?", the older man asked after some time when she havent stopped laughing, letting out a chuckle every now and then, "Did she bang her head or something?"

"Ça roule (Everything's fine)", Astraea brushed off their concern as they look at her with worry in their eyes, "I'm okay"

Honestly.

The poor guy looked confused at her though that she had to roll her eyes and pinch his cheeks before she could stop herself for he is just too cute with that naive look.

"Dont mind me", she said, "I told you I never really get to try and do this kind of things before so it's all new and exciting"

"Oh... if you're sure", he replied back, gazing at her intensely like he is seeing through her soul before his seriousness evaporate as he started smiling, his dimples making its appearance once again that had her slowly shut up and stare at his face.

cr. Ch3Thailand on YT

Wondering how a manly man like him manage to look this handsome and cute at the same time?

"You can try my jetski if you want", he told her as if in an afterthought, referring to the jetski attached in his speedboat that is used to control the vehicle.

"You'd let me do that?", she asked in pure delight.

"Only if you want to", Theo said rather shyly while scratching the back of his head, "Right Uncle?"

"Glad to know that you two still remember me", Mr. Kho told them, shaking his head at them as he finished tying the speed boat from the dock and then goes toward the jetski to unbuckle its attachment from the speed boat, "Go on and do your thing"

With that, Uncle Kho threw a lanyard towards Theo who swiftly caught it as the older man whispered out loud, "Urgh... I hate being a third wheel"

Theo only rolled his eyes at his uncle before grabbing her hand and guiding her towards the jetski with a quick, "Let's go"

"Wait", Astraea stopped midway and pulled him by the hand, "I erm- I dont know how to ride that thing"

"Its easy", Theo reassured her with a smile that she didnt know if she could trust... cause a person looking that good surely meant trouble right?

"Look. I'll show you", Theo took a seat on the rear end of the jetski, leaving a space in front of him, "Hop on baby" he said with a twinkle on his eyes, she could see the hint of mischief while he pats the empty space.

Is he challenging her?

Astraea couldnt help raising her eyebrows at his naughty gesture...

Well... if he is looking for trouble, then he came to the right place.

"Why dont YOU", she started, touching his back to emphasize the word 'you' as her hands make way to his shoulders down to his arms, "Move right there"

With a gentle push just enough to give him the indication, Theo obeyed her and nudged forward looking at her with curiousity.

"And I'll sit right here." Astraea paid no attention to the wonder in his eyes nor his gasp when she sat behind him and wrap her arms around his torso like this is an everyday occurrence.

So who's winning now? She hid her smile when he sat there unmoving that she had to raise herself and look over his shoulder, her hands now placed on his waist for support.

"What are you waiting for?", she asked him with a sweet smile, "Lets go... baby" Just for a better measure, she decided to throw in that last word making him quite fuzzled as he put on the lanyard on his wrist rather absent mindedly that he accidentally pressed the start button propelling them forward.

Good thing he had quick reflexes that he managed to hold on to the jetski and coincidentally giving her a chance to take this opportunity to wrap her arms around him rather tight.

Hmmm... This position isnt bad eh? In fact, it is quite comfortable. Too comfortable that she couldnt help placing her chin on top of his shoulder, feeling the breeze and loving the calming sound of the ocean.

Thankfully, Theo doesnt seem to mind or think anything wrong for he started on giving her lectures and pointers about riding a watercraft.

After a few minutes of him talking, more like babbling for he speaks with terms that she couldnt quite understand.

"So all you've got to do is like this...", Theo continued defining some 'key points' when the naughtiness and subtle pervert tendencies Astraea never thought she had strikes again.

"Like... that?", she breathed out as her hand that rest safely on his chest began to wander around, touching his abs while pretending all along that she is listening thoroughly with his lecture, her eyes never leaving what he is supposedly explaining.

For a second, Theo's hands froze at her movements as he stuttered, "Y-y-yes"

He even took one look at her to maybe check if she is suggesting something only to find her seriously listening. He must have been confused out of his wits thinking that he is starting to be an assuming person that he just shake his head and continue with his lecture, "Remember that you erm need t-to slow down whenever you are going straight"

"Slow down when going straight" Astraea nodded her head as her hands began to go downwards at the word.

"So- y-you c-could", Theo took in a deep breath, sweats pouring down his forehead and Astraea would like to believe that it is not because of the glare from the sun, "t-touch- No! Erm- I mean turn. Right! T-t-turn better"

"Hmmm...", she hummed as she pretends to absentmindedly caress his toned abdominal muscle until he finally seem to had enough and stop her hand from wandering.

"Selene!" He called out her name, pulling down the brakes to properly hold the both of her hand, his right raising hers and laying it on top of his chest that she could feel the fast beating of his heart.

"W-what?", she stuttered her whisper, mustering the most innocent facade that could manage at this moment when her heart, thunders like mad, knowing that she is threading on dangerous water here quite literally.

"N-nothing" He finally answered after what seemed like forever of staring in her eyes.

Relief flooded her at the same time as conscience knocked, weighing heavily on her chest.

Damn.
This is causing her real guilt.

Honestly, It makes her feel bad... wondering what he sees in her eyes that makes him back down.

Truly, she is tempted to give him a chance and make him look 'really' deep at the real her, so he could then find her version of the truth. Who knows... maybe they could still meet halfway?

----------------------------------
A/N: Mr. Kho is Mr. Koji of rising sun. As you wish @Noora. Thank you for the suggestion and feel free to comment what you guys think, requests or if you've got any more suggestions.

P.S. Yaya is Manila and New lakorn for NY!!! Wooooohooo! I am so happy, I decided to update. I am insane for even thinking of buying the book (got the sample pdf) when I cannot read thai :risas3:

BTW, Can you guys help me report this account- I mean the story on this users account on wattpad?

Screenshot_2019-06-13-02-44-27-63.png

Coz she somehow seems to have a very familiar story *cough "Silverlining". Im not yet uploading any of my NY fanfics on any other websites aside from AFN so if you guys see it somewhere else, I will be very grateful if you tell me. Special thanks to @Lalashiie for the info.

Last edited:

NY2018

always supporting ny ♡
Thank you for the update. I understand and sure thing. I hope all is well! :):icon12:

"At this rate, he seemed to be more interested with the sand... than her?" "Unbelievable." - This made me laugh lol.

"Truly, she is tempted to give him a chance and make him look 'really' deep at the real her, so he could then find her version of the truth. Who knows... maybe they could still meet halfway?" - I like this ending part. I'm keen to know what will happen next and how their relationship will continue to develop.

P.S I have questions about the story. Is there a reason as to why Theodore is a playboy? Also, if I may refer back to the Prologue. I'm interested about Astraea's Ex-Fiance. What happened between them and what should I expect from the character? Will he get in the way of Theodore and Astraea's relationship? :confused12::confused12:

Last edited:

annmott

sarNie Hatchling
Thank you for the update. I understand and sure thing. I hope all is well! :):icon12:

"At this rate, he seemed to be more interested with the sand... than her?" "Unbelievable." - This made me laugh lol.

"Truly, she is tempted to give him a chance and make him look 'really' deep at the real her, so he could then find her version of the truth. Who knows... maybe they could still meet halfway?" - I like this ending part. I'm keen to know what will happen next and how their relationship will continue to develop.

P.S I have questions about the story. Is there a reason as to why Theodore is a playboy? Also, if I may refer back to the Prologue. I'm interested about Astraea's Ex-Fiance. What happen and what should I expect from his character? Will he get in the way of Theodore and Astraea's relationship? :confused12::confused12:
Glad you enjoyed it! I intend the first season to be light so... Im happy it is coming through. *Meet me halfway talk? I hope I am preparing you guys for the cheesiness on the coming chapters :risas3:

Major Major Spoiler alert...

Theodore is a playboy because.... (Astraea broke his heart) kidding! Theo is a playboy just because it is in his nature. He is a fun loving care free young man and thats all to it. (Right now. Unless I throw in last minute edits in my already laid out plan)

Edit: About Astraea's Ex fiance. Due to personal reason, I changed the character to Mario Maurer hahaha instead of Mark and I made Mark Astraea'a brother instead. What to expect? He will probably not appear in the story alot but his actions would impact major events in the future... Will he get in the way? Not directly.

More Edit: Do you get what Im trying to say and why I switched those characters? Hint: I am watching Thong Aek Mor ya tah chaloang

Last edited:

NY2018

always supporting ny ♡
Glad you enjoyed it! I intend the first season to be light so... Im happy it is coming through. *Meet me halfway talk? I hope I am preparing you guys for the cheesiness on the coming chapters :risas3:

Major Major Spoiler alert...

Theodore is a playboy because.... (Astraea broke his heart) kidding! Theo is a playboy just because it is in his nature. He is a fun loving care free young man and thats all to it. (Right now. Unless I throw in last minute edits in my already laid out plan)

Edit: About Astraea's Ex fiance. Due to personal reason, I changed the character to Mario Maurer hahaha instead of Mark and I made Mark Astraea'a brother instead. What to expect? He will probably not appear in the story alot but his actions would impact major events in the future... Will he get in the way? Not directly.

More Edit: Do you get what Im trying to say and why I switched those characters? Hint: I am watching Thong Aek Mor ya tah chaloang
No worries and thank you for replying. I understand it now. Hmmm that makes me think and wonder about the "major events" and your more edit comment. :confused12::confused12:Regardless, I'll just have to make sure to continue reading to find out more. :):icon12:

annmott

sarNie Hatchling
Chapter 5 - Oh my, oh my, oh my god

(A/N: Did anyone guessed it right? Haha. Told ya it is Nick's song. Warning: This chapter is for open minded people only. Read at your own risk. Oops. Dont get too excited, no mature content here. Only a little bit of teasing :risas3: )

"Your brother is avoiding me", Astraea sighed out loud problematically.

It has been days since she last talk to Mr. Theodore Levant Andrew for the man seems to be always in a hurry whenever they cross paths. Like the other day, she saw him dining alone at one of the authentic restaurant so she decided to approach him when he suddenly had the pressing urge to leave.

"What?!", Kiara exclaimed in surprise, her eyes wide open as if she couldnt believe what her friend is saying, "No way"

"How can you be sure?", Malia added just in time after the waiter to put down their order.

"You two could just, I dunno, miss each other like those in the movies? You know when the hero is looking for the girl and they missed each other by mere sec-"

"I really think you've watched too many movies", Astraea cut off her friend, rolling her eyes at the girl, "That would probably be the case if maybe it happens only once or twice but no, he couldnt possibly not see me that third time I was practically standing there, right next to him, in one of those restaurant... when he suddenly bolted out the room like he had just been chased by a ghost."

At the sudden silence of the normally loud duo, she had to look up and find them staring at her with utter amazement, she automatically drop her fork and stop eating, uncomfortable at the way they are looking.

"Wow". Kiara said as Malia shake her head at her in disbelief saying, "You managed to do that?"

"Erm- Should I thank you?", she asked in slight confusion at the turn of events, "Is that a compliment?"

"What the heck did you do girl?", Kiara asked her back ignoring her question, "I mean, okay, I will probably get it if my brother ignores you, cause that is what he seems to be doing with most of the women these days but-to totally avoid you like being chased by the - what do you call that again? the plague-"

"The ghost", Astraea supplied to her friend.
"-whatever- but that is just plain absurd", Kiara end her monologue by drinking the shake she had ordered to maybe cool down her head.

"Congratulations", Malia clapped her hands at her teasingly, "You've done quite a remarkable feat Ms. Leblanc"

"Shut it", She could only groan, holding a hand on her head at the seemingly start of a headache, "I've done absolutely nothing-"

Astraea stop for a second at their raised eyebrows before she continued with another roll of her eyes, "-except maybe for a little teasing here and there but thats it! Will you two stop looking at me like I've done the unthinkable"

"We were just wondering what you've done to warrant that kind of reaction from him"
With yet another roll of her eyes, she began to tell them what happened with her day with the infamous playboy. Ex playboy rather for he seemed to be a change man nowadays... she just doesnt know how long could he stay that way though especially with a questionable motive. If that is even one.

"And...?", Malia asked as if she's waiting for more after she just told them everything right from the start.

"Thats it?", Astraea shrugged, taking a sip of her drink already anticipating the burst from the duo for she knew that they wouldnt like it especially when they have to forgo their weekend with Theo's fiance just to help her.

"What?! No. Please tell me we did not waste our time with Levants conceited fiance?"

Try as she might though, she couldnt help but snicker at the miserable face of the duo.

Thinking that she must have not gotten the worst end on this after all.

"Dont laugh, you dont know what we did just so you can have your way with my brother"

"Im sorry but- I think this is where we stop", Astraea proposed what she was thinking of the past few days, hoping that they would just drop off this charade because man... she doesnt like the frequent visit and constant knocking of her conscience, "The guy himself already made his decision so lets just leave the man be."

"I mean Theo is not a godamn five year old to be told what he should and shouldnt do.", She added convincingly upon the silence that greeted her statement.

To her delight, her friend must have gotten her point when Kiara sighed saying, "You're right. My brother wou-"

"Wait!" Malia suddenly thumped the table, surprising her and Kiara as they turn to their friend who looked like they had just struck a gold, "w-what did you just call Levant?"

"Erm- Theo?", she said immediately causing a soft squeal from Kiara as her face lit up and she and Malia hold hands happily, seemingly trying to hold in their happiness.

"What? Isnt that his name?", Astraea had to ask the duo in her confusion. What did she do now?

"Wait wait! We have to make sure-" Kiara told Malia, taking a deep breath as she try to contain herself before they turn to her, "My brother, Levant, told you to call him 'Theo' rather than Levant?", her friend says with emphasis to his name.

At the nodd of her head, the two began with their soft squealing again, she wouldnt be surprise if the two of them began dancing in celebration if not for the crowd.

But seriously though... What the heck is happening?

"So... what are we celebrating again?", she had to ask.

"Did we forgot to tell you?!"

Erm- Obviously? Sorry she even asked and halt their joyful affair as Malia fan herself trying to cool down her excitement and failing miserably, gulping down the drink in front of them in one go, "I should go and get a refill", she said before she stood up without answering her question leaving Astraea quite baffled.

Thankfully, Kiara was there to answer her, finally taking pity after noticing her puzzled look, "My brother, Levant, would never let just anyone else call him that name except, I dunno... mom?", with a chuckle, her friend began reminiscing while Astraea felt the air suck out of her in horror at the turn of events, "I remember once, we were watching his head to head match against the country Brunei when someone called him that name and the next moment, they were already rolling on the ground exchanging fist as chaos ensued. Im telling you, there is still hope!"

So is that the reason why Uncle Kho teased them relentlessly after she called him Theo?

Damn.

Why does it seems like instead of being flattered, she felt this cold pit in her stomach, horrified at how the situation is starting to become real. She was really hoping it wouldnt get to be personal, with real emotions involved...

"S-shouldnt we stop this?", she had to ask in disbelief

"What? No! You are closer to success now more than ever! I bet he is avoiding you not because he dont like you but the opposite. He might actually like you that he's scared of his feelings thinking you'd complicate things for him!"

Silence grew on them as they enter a staring contest which no one wants to back down, each trying to convey their message with their eyes when her phone suddenly began ringing. Her eyes went wide at seeing the international call that she threw it to Kiara who in panic, accidentally answered it causing both of them to groan for the caller is none other than her very own brother, Marco.

Astraea could swear she saw the sweat pour down her friends forehead as Kiara talk to her brother, she is quite proud at the unusual lady like manner her friend is displaying right now, seemingly quite tamed with how she responds saying a polite yes and no.

In other time, she might have found the situation entertaining knowing that Kiara used to have a crush on her brother but now, her heart thundered thinking of the only possible reason her brother must have called her as she tried to listen and wait patiently.

Her nervous streak might have gotten to another level when Kiara's phone also began ringing all too sudden, Astraea just had to answer it to stop the loud ring tone.

"Finally you've decided to answer my call kiddo!", an all too familiar voice began to register that she had to surpress her gasp, "I heard you're already here on the island for quite a while now, why did you not go and see me?"

Brother?

Oh Bother.

Seriously. How unlucky could she get?

"Theo?"

What in the world is happening that she had to speak with that one person who's causing the frequent visit from her conscience more than she would like?

"I told you not to call me that!", Theo responds with obvious irritation laced on his voice that if Astraea didnt believe Kiara's statement earlier with the name thing, she would have to now, "Just you wait and see"

Before she could respond any further though, Theo cut off the line that all she can do is stare at the phone wondering about their weird conversation.

"So Ive got the news"

Oh. Right.

Her brother called.

Astraea tried to put down her friends phone calmly with a hopeful look on her face. Wishing for a miracle to happen.

"Is it bad?"

At Kiara's nodd, her shoulders slumped down knowing what is next as her friend speak slowly, "Your brother says he's already found you and you should be ready to go back home"

"Ouais, enfin... Ça me donne le cafard" (Yeah well, that depresses me), she said more to herself, forcing a smile out.

Silence immediately filled the air as Kiara stare at her sadly, she had to look away or else they would have start their pity party.

"Selene?"

Someone suddenly speak, announcing his presence unceremoniously, adding tension on the air as they exchange glances, quite caught by surprise.

"Look who I found at the lobby!", Malia unfortunately did not notice anything was amiss for she smiled happily instead, pulling Theo closer and forcing the poor guy to seat at the empty chair next to where Astraea is sitting.

"You", Theo looked at her with confusion before his eyes swept over the duo, settling on her again, "knew each other?"

"Selene is one of my best friend from college", Kiara responds helpfully.

"Selene? Wh-", Astraea heard Malia whispered at once before she stepped on her friends foot to stop her from speaking any further which might blow their cover.

Damn. She forgot to tell her friends that Theo calls her Selene. Good thing Kiara seems to picks it up quickly

"Yeah. I invited Selene to stay here for her short vacation", Kiara glares at Malia trying to convey her message when she puts an emphasis to her name before she threw the question back at her brother, "What about you? You knew Selene?"

Goodie. Remind her to praise her friends acting skills later.

"Theo and I met a few days ago", Astraea shrugged and decided to intervene before things get out of hand, "Small world eh?"

Forcing a smile out, she tip her drink towards Theo before she took a sip, hoping that it would somehow hide her nervousness.

There.

Technically speaking...

She is not lying.

Right?

N’importe quoi. (Whatever)

---------------------------------

"Theo- I mean Levant", Kiara began speaking just as they park their ATV's, "No need to glare at me brother, I know only Selene could call you that..." She says raising her hand in surrender as her friends began sniggering.

Astraea could only roll her eyes at the duo's antics for they had been at it, subtly teasing them ever since he agreed on joining them earlier.

"Dont mind them" She patted Theo's back while getting up from his ATV, shaking her head at her friends silliness.

Yes.

Those two just never gave up even when she herself isnt quite cooperating.

Against her better judgement, they had convinced her, left her with no choice rather but to ride with Theo since according to them, she is safer with him since he knew his way around the island.

Well that and Malia actually raced her to Kiara's ATV, claiming the seat even before it is offered.

Damn. She couldnt even complain anymore knowing that it must have been all part of their scheme.

"Selene!", Malia called, her eyebrows raised suggestively.

Yes.

They were calling her Selene now too just to not blow her cover as she already explained that Theo guess it was her name after seeing the word emblazed on the bracelet that her father had given her. Funny how both of them did not give their names properly but with totally different reason.

"You two can go ahead first. We'll just put more of this on", her friend added raising the sunblock.

They really wont waste any opportunity eh?

Astraea could not help but roll her eyes at the way they were putting the damn lotion, for it was the slowest thing ever, she just pulled on Theo's sleeves and leave the duo but not before she threw a glare for them to know that she doesnt quite appproved.

Unfortunately the two does not seem to get her message for they gave her an encouraging sign instead.

"So you're leaving?", he asked after quite a while of walking around the town.
Astraea must have been too used to the idea of Theo avoiding her, she almost did a double when he suddenly started speaking.

"So you're talking to me now?", she couldnt help but shot at him.

"Okay. Im sorry", Theo sighed out, rubbing his jawline that she saw the hint of redness on his ears, "I was just afraid you'd like me too much knowing that Im already engage and all"

So it was all because of that?

Good Lord.

Should she even thank him for thinking of her welfare?

"Tell me you're joking", Astraea gasped at Theo as she stopped on place and turned to him, quite amazed at how full of himself, Theo is. She couldnt help but add underneath her breath, "C’est n’importe quoi!" (Thats nonsense)

"Hey! I was just looking out for you", he said defensively, scratching his head as he look anywhere else but her, "and No french please"

"Looking out...?", she repeated, shaking her head at his claims and following him when he began walking again, "Right. Cause you're just that extremely likeable person"

"I know I-" he sighed out loud problematically that Astraea finally decided to cut him off.

"Ta gueule"(Shut up), She said rolling her eyes at the guy, "I was just kiddin' you dolt!"
With that, she let out the laugh that she was holding, crossing her arms on her chest as she stares up at him, "Dont worry, I'm going back home soon anyway. You could just go back to your old life and forget me."

"So you're really leaving?"

Is that a hint of sadness in his voice?

Silence followed his question as they gaze into each others eyes, each seemingly wondering and looking for answers in the depth of those orbs.

It was one of those moments where she almost forgot where she was only to be rudely awaken when someone bumped into her that she was instantly thrown into his arms.

"You okay?", she heard Theo asked as she open slowly open her eyes.

IMG_20190625_024254.jpg
cr: Ch3Thailand GRGR on YT

Before she could really register anything though, they were momentarily blinded by the flash of a camera and a loud clap from the person standing beside them.

"Did you get that?", An all too familiar voice said that Astraea quickly scrambled to her feet just to see if her intuition is right.

And alas, Malia who was standing near them run towards Kiara and bent over the camera, gushing over the damn thing after they did a high five.

"Really?", she asked her friend after she realized what they've done, "You have to bump me?"

"Oops! Sorry." Malia apologize at them only for Astraea to internally groan and roll her eyes at her friend for she knew better, "Didnt saw you two there"

"What?", Kiara said defensively when Theo's stare turn to Malia's accomplice, "Its for erm- souvenir purpose!"

Good Lord. Could they be anymore obvious? Damn. She already used that excuse before!

And to think that they are using her camera!

Hers.

Damn. Her camera is betraying her now...

Honestly.

Cant they just drop this mission of them so she could at least enjoy the remaining days of her vacation?

"Say cheese!", her friends wouldnt take the hint though for they continued on taking her and Theo's pictures together.

"You two could smile you know", Malia tried to suggest but at Theo's glare, the girl immediately backtrack and turn to her instead, "Erm- I mean, Selene! Why arent you smiling my dear friend?"

"Oh come on!", Kiara pouted at them when they didnt even bother to pose or move at all, "This will probably Selene's first and last visit here so we better make it memorable for her..."

Memorable? Psh.

This vacation would probably take the top spot even without them doing this. They do not need to worry about the part.

To her surprise though, she heard the guy beside her let out a long sigh before he says fine rather frustratedly as he moved a little closer that she had no choice but to strike a pose reluctantly.

cr: as tagged ( A/N: Permission to use this please)

"Darn. Can you two, I dunno lighten up a little bit?", their photographer suggested that she couldnt really blame Theo when he seem to walk out on them but no, he walk towards Kiara instead and take the camera before he moved back to her side.

With a sigh, and one look from her as if he is telling her that she owed him one, he told her, "Smile okay?"

Raising the camera above their heads, he placed an arm around her shoulders and pulled her closer as he forced a smile out upon saying, "Cheese"

cr: to the rightful owner ( A/N: Permission to use this please. Forgot where I got this but tell me if someone know so I can give proper credits)

"Aww", Malia exclaimed, "Thats too cute"
Astraea internally facepalm at her friends fangirling. Damn embarassing.

"Hmmm", Theo didnt seem to help the situation either as he is busy looking at the pictures on her camera.

Thank God she already transferred all the pictures from the yacht on a flashdrive or they could be busted and fried now.

"Let me see!", Kiara run towards them excitedly to get it but to everyone's surprise, Theo raised it out of his sisters reach, wearing the strap on his neck instead.

"If you dont mind, I'll take it from here", He said while rolling his sleeves as they could only looked at him in wonder of his sudden mood swing, especially now when he seemed to take on his job quite seriously."So where to next?", he asked with a charming smile directed at her.

She wasnt surprise at all when her two other friend bursts out and squeal in delight.

"You know what? This is the first time my brother volunteer to take someone's picture", Kiara bumped her shoulder sending her to Malia's side as they all looked at Theo who seemed to familiarize himself with her camera.

"Must be because of someone special eh?", Malia joined in with the teasing, bumping her back to Kiara's side, Astraea honestly felt dizzy with all the pushing.

"Would you two please stop it?", she said, finally putting her foot down, "And Im not just talking about the pushin-"

"Selene!", Theo called out at them, breaking her monologue as they all turn towards him, "Are you coming or not?"

"We're here too you know", Malia whispered that had Kiara sniggering, Astraea had to step on her friends foot to stop them from more teasing as she turn towards Theo with a weak smile saying, "Y-yeah... W-we're right behind you"

"Come on! There is falls here! Havent been back for so long...", Kiara leads the way with Malia running along, inevitably leaving her again with Theo.

Thankfully, the guy didnt notice anything and instead smile at her, even raising her camera to take her picture as he falls into step next to her.

cr: Keaw_Jung IG

All this and she seriously wanted to question... why oh why, does he always seem to fall on her friends trap?

She doesnt know if they're really good on acting or he is just that dense.

----------------------------------------
*Later that evening*

"What did you say?!"

Astraea heard Theo speak in frustration, as she walk around his cabin, stopping right at the foot of the stairs. She could just imagine his eyebrows fuse right now at the stress they are giving him.

And she wasnt even exaggerating. The whole day, if he wasnt being teased to her, he was being embarassed especially when she, herself, finally gave in and succumbed to their friends, joining in with their playful banter.

After all, she would have to go home soon anyway so maybe instead of taking things very seriously, why dont she just go along with the fun?

There goes the saying: If you cant beat them, join them.

A day with Theo wouldnt hurt right? She could probably succeed on this task with neither of them getting emotionally attached... Like how Kiara and Malia said, an evidence that would indicate Theo's reluctance would be all they need.

"Where are you again? Do you need any help?"

Astraea could hear the worry laced in his voice that she couldnt help but intervene asking, "What happened?"

"Oh it's nothing they're just st-", Theo began speaking but stop midsentence upon chancing a look at her, she starts to wonder what's wrong with her outfit, gazing down on his sweatshirt and boxer short that he had kindly lent her.

Just earlier, after going around the island, they had managed to convince Theo to have a little going away party at his cabin when it started raining, soaking them to the core that the duo told them they should just go first and they would follow later when the rain subdued.

Why his cabin? One might ask but according to the two, the Andrews mansion on the island has their parents minions and they wouldnt want any questions when all they want is to party. Therefore, his haunted looking cabin is the perfect choice cause surely, no one in their right mind would go there eh?

That seems plausible enough to make Theo agree but now, the wheels on her head is turning and she can see what exactly they were planning. Damn those cunning duo.

"Erm- I- I hope everything's okay?", she had to ask, feeling the tension on the air as his intense gaze scan her from head to toe.

"Oh right!" Theo seemed to wake up from trance at his question though and pretends to be busy with his phone saying, "T-they were stuck- but they're fine, so I'll just make a few calls to make sure they got here safe"

With that, he quickly turn around, facing the glass wall again and busies himself talking to someone else.

"Good! I'll just- go and get the food ready" Astraea almost squeaked as she quickly exits and made a mad dash towards the kitchen, the realization of the situation now sinking in to her. How two fairly healthy and young individual are alone here in this cabin, trapped due to storm where no one would disturb, no one would hear, no one would know whatever they do.

No stop! Astraea shake her head at the train of her thought and grab a can of beer, downing it in just one drink.

Calm down Astraea Selene Leblanc. She berated herself, tapping her cheeks just as she took another can and down it before she finally sighed and began to do whatever she is supposed to, moving around and hoping he wouldnt mind her using his posh looking kitchen.

Good thing that her tolerance for alchohol is quite high given that she likes cooking with it.

*Cellphone ring

"Nom de Dieu!" (Oh my god) Astraea hold a hand on her chest feeling, quite shock at the sudden scandalous ringing of her phone that she quickly went to pick it up to see a video call from Kiara and Malia.

Damn this two. They will be the death of her. Literally.

"Bonsoir Mademoiselle!" (Goodevening)
Kiara and Malia greeted her with overflowing excitement, she had to raise her eyebrows at them, taken aback by the level of their energy that she just knew she must be right about this whole abandoning her and Theo alone together thing.

"Tu t’en sors ?" (You managing there?) Malia asked her with her cheshire cat smile on, Astraea couldnt take her question seriously.

"à peine" (barely) she stated as calmly as she could, sitting down on one of the stools and taking a sip of her drink.

"Well you should really take this opportunity cause Kiara and I", Malia started pointing her finger to the both of them as they smile with mischief.

"We decided to not follow you there so you two could enjoy the night together!" Kiara finished the sentence quite proud of themselves

"Tu fais quoi ?" (You're doing what?!) she asked in aghast, spitting almost half of the drink in her outcry, earning another groan from her as she looked down on the spill on Theo's sweatshirt.

Damn damn.

How unlucky could she be?

"You cant do this to me!", she said while trying to wipe it off. Good thing that it was black or she'd really be embarassed at having to ask for another shirt again.

"Relax", Malia told her, "We're not gonna leave you with the guy if we know you cant handle him"

That is easy to say because she's not the one being trapped here... Astraea could only groan and buried her face on her arms at the table.

"Just roam around his cabin and I dunno, snoop if you can find any evidence?" Kiara suggested with a nonchalant shrug as if it was the easiest thing to do.

Well if worse come to worst, she could always use her knowledge on self defense. The perks of being born within the aristocrat family.

"Its not like we're asking you to do the deed- erm- the unthinkable rather", Malia just had to add, earning a glare from her with the mention of the word deed, her friend immediately change the direction of her thought and babbles on and on until they suddenly stopped and bid their goodbye rather hurriedly.

"Its raining really hard here!", Kiara informed her in a weird tone, "Hello? We're losing signal. Dont worry we're okay. Bye"

"We'll see you tomorrow", Kiara added before they lost the connection.

"What? Wait!", Astraea hold on to her phone even when the screen turn blank hoping they were just kidding but no, they really ended the damn call causing another hopeless groan from her as she now bump her head at the table slowly.

Urgh... the things she do for her friends.

"I guess they told you already huh?"

She heard Theo speak behind, freezing her on the spot.

Damn. Did he hear them talk?

Astraea refuse to move from her spot at the thought.

Judging from the tone of his voice though, he doesnt seem to know anything about the plan... Good thing he didnt came any second earlier.

"Whoa!", he exclaimed quite astonished, feeling his presence beside her, "Did you drink all of this?!"

"Hmmm", She only hummed her response, still grasping the new development of the situation while turning her head towards his direction.

"Are you alright?" he asked and to her surprise, he followed his question with a soft touch on her forehead, brushing the stray hair that covers her face.

She doesnt know if it is because of his voice, his touch, the thought of being alone... or even the damn rain creating the mood but she had to close her eyes tight as she felt goosebumps and chills run down her spine.

"Hey", he called her when she forgot to respond, moving even closer that her breath hitched, "Are you drunk?"

Before she could respond at his accusation though, she felt a cold hand on her forehead as he exclaimed, "Damn you're hot!"

His touch though felt like bolts of electricity that she instantly jolt away, holding his hand safely while she move to sit up properly and stare at him with raised eyebrows.

"I mean your forehead feels hot", he added in an afterthought, scratching his chin before he let out a chuckle, "Why am I even explaining to a drunk person?"

"No really!", she insisted rather defensively. "I'm not drunk"

"You dont have to deny", he said while rolling his eyes and made a move closer to sniff her, "See? I can even smell the alchohol all over you"

"I am telling you", she said, feeling her cheeks burn, "I.am.not.drunk"

Damn.

She must have looked like a total mess for him to came in that conclusion.

"Hey its okay", he replied "I promise I am not going to do anything with you even if you look good in my clothes."

Oh my god.

There's just no use on explaining to this man. She wasnt even happy with his compliment.

If that was even one.

Why is he even insisting that she's drunk when she's clearly no-

Wait-

A naughty idea popped up in her head, looking at the man whose smiling at her with his dimpled smile as he, himself, get one can and drank it.

Well if he wanted her drunk... then she'll have to give it to him.

Let's see how good he is with his promises.

"Give me some", she said, grabbing the can that he is drinking, ignoring his protest in the process and began downing it up quite carelessly, she even felt some drop on her chin.

"Y-you've got-", he stuttered at her display, pointing at her chin as if he is telling her to wipe it, looking completely stunned.

"Hmmm?", she asked as if she doesnt know, struggling not to laugh at his red face.

He wanted this huh?

"Good Lord." she heard him whisper a series of curse words as she tried to hide her smile.

Taking hold of his arm, she pulled him closer, wiping her mouth on his shoulder blades with a moan. That particular movement though seemed to struck a cord on him that he struggled to pull away, keeping her on arms length instead.

Astraea hummed, making a move to get up only to fake a slip, falling right in his arms again quite similar to how she did earlier in the island, when Kiara and Malia took their picture.

cr: Ch3Thailand GRGR on YT

Theo instantly let loose a series of curse words as she completely put her weight in him while he struggle to hold her upright saying, "What the heck are you doing to me?"

Opening her eyes, she holds her breath upon seeing just how close his handsome face is.

Bright eyes, long lashes, straight nose, red kissable pouting lips and chiseled jawline.

He wouldnt be that bad if he is her first. Not that she's considering or anything.

But in case her engagement is still on...

"Why?", she asked in a soft whisper, wrapping her arms around his shoulders, "What am I doing?"

"Oh God", he said, closing his eyes tight and sighing out loud, before he stood up and quickly carried her towards the direction of the staircase, "Please have mercy on me"

She couldnt help it if she wanted to, Astraea let out a chuckle as she buried her head on his neck, her laughter causing vibrations on his skin that he stopped right at the foot of the staircase, leaning towards it while he gently placed his forehead on hers.

"What is this torture?", he exclaimed after taking a deep breath. "You are not a pervert old man Levant"

After a minute of his breathing exercise, he finally took each step saying, "You can do this", like a mantra.

"You're funny", she told him when they reached the second floor and led her to a bedroom, opening the lights as she plays with his hair, combing it backwards that his red ears caught her attention, again.

Before she could stop herself, she lean close and bit the tip of his ears softly making him gasp and almost threw her towards the bed if only she's not holding on tight on his neck.

"Selene!", he called out her name almost pleadingly when she doesn't let go of her arms that wrapped around him, bringing him down along with her when he laid her down the bed, "For goodness sake please dont do this"

"Hmmm?", she teased him some more.

"Can you please stop making that sound?", Theo groaned exasperately, trying to lay down comfortably after figuring out that he cant escape from her hold.

"What sound?" she asked, throwing another one just for a good measure as her hand traces down his chest, "Hmmm?"

Cr: Ch3Thailand GRGR on YT

"Holy Sh*t" Theo quickly took hold of her hand rather tight, she could feel his tension judging by his cold hands, "Please do not let me succumbed into temptation"

Astraea had to hide her smile as she turn to look at his face, hearing him whisper something along the same line while his eyes close tight as if it was the only thing that is keeping him sane.

She knew she probably is taking this too far... But in all honesty, she kinda like teasing this man. In fact, she is really impressed.

Who knows that this playboy is quite the gentleman?

"Selene?", Theo called her name after a while, "Are you asleep?"

Astraea, having finally took pity with the guy as she felt the sound of his fast heartbeat, lay down unmoving giving him his chance to escape.

He did not waste any time after confirming her state, gently moving away from her in a matter of seconds.

She honestly thought he was already gone upon hearing the door open... but the next thing she knew, she was locked in his arms being thoroughly and passionately kissed.

cr: to the rightful owner (A/N: Permission to use this please)

It was so sudden that Astraea didnt even had time to think, responding to his kisses with equal ferocity when he suddenly pulled away just as quick.

"F*ckSh*t! Damn it!", he said close to pulling his hair out, "I am so sorry"

Scrambling to get away from her quickly, that he is beside the door within seconds, holding on tight at the doorknob, "I know you wont remember this in the morning but I really am sorry."

If Astraea didnt see the coat that fell down when he slams the door shut, she would have thought that it was just all in her head.
Holding a hand on her lips, she struggled to calm down her thundering heart.

Damn it.

She didnt know what is more disturbing...

That even after all this, she still havent had any piece of evidence with her?

Or the thought that she momentarily lost her mind and didnt even refuse his kisses?

It is a good thing that he stopped when he did cause she isnt sure if she could say no.

"La vache" (Oh crap), Astraea cursed out loud, burying her face on her palm.

She thought she is the one in control here?

----------------------------

In the stillness of the night, someone tiptoed around the dark living room area and stopped right in front the figure lying sound asleep on the sofa.

Hesitating for a moment, the person slowly bent down staring at his handsome and peaceful face. In a few days, she wondered if he could still maintain his sense of tranquility though...

Seconds and minutes passed by before she sighed, finally coming to terms of whatever it is she is going to do next.

"Do not hate me please", Astraea whispered before she raised her camera that she brought with her and took pictures of him.

As if it isnt enough, she even moved carefully and awfully closer, taking a photo of her with a sleeping Theo beside her.

"Hmmm", Theo suddenly groaned making her instantly froze on her spot, her heart is seriously thundering at the thought of being caught as thousands of scenarios flew on her mind.

But alas. Luck is on her side for he simply scratched his chin before the snores came again, indicating that he is still asleep.

Thank god for small mercies for she intend to stay alive and whole upon her return to France.

Darn France.

Astraea closed her eyes and grown internally as she remember her hometown again.

Here she is, solving others problem for them even without them asking for it when she herself is still isnt sure of her own future. If her father already saw the videos she sent regarding her fiance's dirt or his opinion on it, she honestly had no clue for her brother didnt say anything. All she could do is cross her finger and hope for the best.

Damn. She really wished this small vacation of hers can go longer. Maybe then she could have more time to do whatever she wants in case her father still decide to marry her with that man...

At the least, she could have those memories she could keep and look back if things go worst.

It was then that she chance a look on the face of the guy beside her, thinking of how lucky he is as according to Kiara, he was given a choice to do it or not. Unlike her.

Maybe... he is just being practical? Thinking of securing of his future instead of letting his emotions get the better of him. There is nothing wrong with that except of course, there is surely other way to live in comfort without compromising the future.

Maybe it is her that is being delusional about this thing called love.

Maybe love doesnt exist at all.

But after all these maybe's, she truly believe that everyone, even Theo who used to be a playboy, deserves to be happy and being married on the person he obviously dislike is not the best road to take on that.

She really hope that what she is doing would serve as a reminder to him to think about his choices in life

Whatever reason he has in agreeing to his arrange marriage, she thinks that it is not enough. Not when one had a choice to say no to a loveless commitment cause she believe that doing this would not only ruin one person's life but also end in a life full of what ifs.

"I'm sorry", Astraea whispered with a gentle caress on his cheek, hoping he would someday forgive her if he ever found out what she's really up to as she went back on his room and lie awake, waiting for morning to come all the while contemplating if she is indeed doing the right thing.

----------------------------------------
A/N: So how's that chapter? :naughty2::risas3:

If anyone got questions, suggestions or reccomendations you can all tell me.

Thank you for reading :aaaaa:

Last edited:

annmott

sarNie Hatchling
Chapter 6 - Every Step Back, Pulls Me Right Back to You

---------------------------------------------------------

"I'm telling you cousin"

Astraea stop her tracks upon hearing an unfamiliar voice in Theo's cabin as she reached the foot of the staircase. Bringing her things with her, she was really hoping that she could just get her clothes so she could exit quickly.

"This old couple really dont want to agree with your business proposition cause apparently they heard nothing but bad things about you"

Business proposition?

What are they talking about? Astraea couldnt help but eavesdrop, walking towards the direction of their voices.

"Damn man. Your reputation really preceeds you" the other guy said chuckling.

"No sh*t", Astraea sneak a look to find Theo, looking quite cute and sexy on his apron, put down another plate of food in front of his cousin, hitting the guys hand when he is about to pick some toast saying, "Stop eating you dolt"

"Ouch!", the younger guy exclaimed, rubbing the back of his hand, "Dont tell me you're gonna eat that alon-"

"What about doubling the price?", Theo ignore his cousin going back to cooking what seemed like a very large breakfast.

"They werent after the money", his cousin replied, taking advantage of Theo's turn back and began eating again, "And where are you going to get it anyway?" I thought you said you dont want to use your hard earned money thats why we're waiting for your inheritance"

Astraea surpressed her gasp at what she heard... Could this be the reason why he agreed in the arrange marriage?

"So what do you propose then?", Theo asked with slight annoyance in his voice.

Silence followed his question that Astraea thought they're already done talking when the other speak with hesitation on his voice, "I think we should just convice Uncle about this business plan of ours and start right here in the island"

"If you're talking about father, you know how high his confidence on me is", Theo shrugged and Astraea thought she heard frustration in his voice, "Next to none, so which makes that option far more impossible"

"Why dont you try first? I''m sure he'd-", the other insisted that Theo, who seemed to had enough, sighed as he turn around slowly, accidentally catching a glimpse of her.
Immediately, his whole demeanor changed, turning 360, as he smiled and greeted her "Good Morning"

"Sorry", he added, scratching his chin rather shyly, pointing his other hand at the breakfast in an invitation, "Did we wake you up?"

"W-who-" his cousin though, began choking on his food at the sight of her that Astraea took it upon herself to go ahead and pour him some water when Theo just ignored his cousin's predicament.

"No.", she said while shaking her head before turning to the other guy who now seemed to calmed down and stare at her flabbergasted, "You okay?"

"Yeah just- Just fine", he croaked out loud, clearing his throat, "And who is this lovely-"
To her surprise, Theo suddenly put a toast on his mouth, effectively stopping the guy from speaking any further.

"Dont mind him", he told her with a dimpled smile then glares at his cousin saying, "Didnt you say you've got many things to do?"

"I- I did?!"

Astraea watched the two banter in amusement as Theo handed the poor guy getting forced eviction notice, a plate of toast all the while saying "Yes! Now go"

With that, he grabbed the man up and pushed him until they reached the living area.

Letting curiosity get the best of her, Astraea stood up and follows them when she heard their hush whispers.

"What are you thinking man?", the cousin began speaking, "Did you forget about the inheritance?!"

Theo hushed the guy and answered, "Of course not! You should worry about how we would get the old couple agree Cause I know my priorities."

After a few moment of silence, she heard the cousin sighed saying, "Just make sure you really do"

Upon hearing the shut of the door, Astraea hurried back to her seat, grabbing a bread and began buttering it as if she had been doing it for quite a while.

"Sorry I do not have Baguettes nor croissants.", Theo said when he got back, "I heard from my sister thats what you eat for breakfast in france"

"Its okay. This is already too much"

And she is telling the truth cause by the way his table look right now, filled with english breakfast, it looks like the last supper instead of her usual light meal.

"Yeah well, I cant let my guess starve now eh?", he chuckles, now slightly embarassed as if it was the first time he is also seeing the food that he had cooked.

"Here", Astraea offered one of the bread she had buttered, raising it up when he didnt make a move.

To her surprise and astonishment, Theo lean towards her while holding her hand before he took a bite slowly.

Astraea couldnt help but swallow the bile on her throat, feeling it dried up at his ministrations.

Damn.

Is this his payback?

The moment was cut short though at the sudden sound of a ringtone which she honestly didnt know if she should be thankful.

"Like right now?!" Theo suddenly turned white as a sheet after answering, letting out a series of curses, "F*ck"

Before she knew what was happening, Theo took hold of her hand, pulling her towards the back door quickly as if they were being chased by the unknown.

"What is happening?"

"My fiance is here"

"Merde" (Sh*t)

Astraea momentarily wonder if she should stop and just let the girl caught them... cause that would probably be the fastest way to end this task. Right?

But then again, she has too much pride and dignity on her that she wont let this be a dirt on her reputation.

She is still a Leblanc after all.

"Hey Levant I brought your je-", Uncle Kho called them just in time, pushing the cart that has the jetski on it.

"Thank god you're here Uncle", Theo breathed out in pure relief before he started pushing the jetski towards the sea.

With their help, they reached the water in no time.

"What's wrong?", the old man asked looking at her and Theo back and forth when Theo hurriedly help her up the jetski.

"No time to explain", he said, before he too climbed up, "We owe you one Uncle"

With that, he started the engine and they set off quickly, pulling her hand that wrap around his chest tight.

---------------------------------------------

"Oh my God!"

Astraea laughed out loud, laying down the sand immediately upon reaching the nearby island.

"You find that fun huh?", Theo asked her as he do the same after he tied the jetski on the nearby tree, all the while smiling at her silliness.

"I'm sorry but yes", she said, letting out another chuckle again, "Ahh how I wish this vacation of mine wont end yet. Can you believe that my one week stay here is one of the most enjoyable time of my life?"

"Really?", Theo raised an eyebrow at her that Astraea had to roll her eyes at the guy, openning her bag and bringing out her camera.

Okay. She get it. His life must be filled with fun that he probably cant relate to her.

"You still have that with you?", he asked in surprise.

"Of course!", she answered with emphasis, "This is my time travelling machine"
Raising her camera, she began taking pictures of the breath taking view, the clear water, the white sand and even their feet together.

"I always bring this with me so I wont ever forget treasured moments like this", she added while checking her photos, "I would really miss this when I got back home."

"I will miss you too", Theo murmurs something softly that Astraea couldnt quite catch.

"Sorry?", She asked turning to his direction, "Did you say something?"

"Huh?", Theo shake his head as if he just woke up from a trance, "Erm-No. Nothing"

Astraea looked at Theo in doubt for a second before she turned and focus the lens on him saying, "Smile"

"What?", he asked chuckling while trying to wave her camera down, "What are you doing?"

Cr: Ch3Thailand

"Hey! Dont be such a bore", she said laughing, trying to put his hand down, "Come on give me a little smile"

A sharp loud thunder suddenly filled the air before a heavy rain came crashing down on them that she let out a series of curses in shock.

Seriously?

Is the heavens above against her and Theo being together like this? Cause damn this is the second time they were being soaked in the rain.

"Sh*t.", Theo second her sentiments and quickly grab her hand, pulling her somewhere towards the forest.

Thank goodness Theo seem to know his way around this island that they were able to reach a cave in no time.

"Zut! (Damn) It's cold", Astraea rubbed her fingers together while sitting down on one of the large stone.

"I thought we already established no french rule?", Theo shake his head on her, swiftly gathering the scattered twigs before he started a bonfire.

Unfortunately, the bonfire couldnt do much for she is feeling the cold air still seep through her wet clothes.

"Still cold eh?"

She heard him whisper, his hand reaching out to hers gently as he sit next to her before he slowly brought her hand to his lips and breathed out.

It is a good thing that his eyes weren't directed at her for she felt her cheeks hot at the heat that spread on her.

Her heart began beating strangely fast that she pulled her hand out instantly as if burnt by his touch.

Astraea seriously wonders if she needed a checkup at the hospital the moment they got back...

"Better?", he asked while smiling that damned dimpled smile, she had to look away feeling that strange thing again, her brows furrowing in confusion.

"I- Erm Y-ye-", she tried to say but before she could form a coherent speech, her stomach growled earning a chuckle from Theo.

She never knew that she could feel relief at an embarassing moment like this.

That strange feeling must be just because of hunger right?

Nothing serious.

"Sorry", he apologized with a cute smile that she forgive him for laughing at her predicament before he seemed to remember something and told her to wait.

"Here", Theo said as he came back seconds later with his hands cupped together, filled with water, "Sorry this is all we've got"

When she only stared at his hand, he raised it near her mouth as if telling her to open up, explaining, "Water in streams that came directly from the mountains are safe enough to drink"

Astraea hesitate for a second before she took hold of his hand and drank some. She is honestly surprised at the rather nice taste of the water.

Maybe he is right after all.

"What about you?" she asked him to which he only shrugged and smile charmingly at her.

"Wait", Astraea told him while going to get some water, raising her hand out the same way he does and coming back to his side quickly before the water runs out from her hand.

"Here have some", she offered with a smile before she pouted when he didnt make a move.

Seeing her like that, he immediately cupped her hand and brought it to his lips, drinking it all.

http://imgur.com/a/qRfwvJY

"There", he said while wiping his mouth, his eyes twinkling and smiling at her that Astraea had to smile back rather awkwardly.

http://imgur.com/a/TLUL0lM

"Good", Astrea says, trying to dispel the tension she's feeling inside, "I wont die alone now..."

"Hey I told you. Its perfectly safe", Theo retorted before he paused, saying, "At least thats what Im taught of"

She had to roll her eyes at his joke.

In truth, she is again impressed by him.
He is quite the boyscout eh?

Astraea let him pull her back towards the bonfire, watching him squat down and put some more twigs to keep the fire burning.

'Now why do people seem to underestimate his capabilities?' she thought as she try to copy him. Thinking back to what she heard earlier, when he and his cousin were talking.

Honestly, she thought that he seems to be more handy than those achievers she knew.

Put them in this kind of situation and she's sure, not all would know a thing or two.

"You know what?", Astraea couldnt help but look at Theo in wonder, "You're not that bad. If we ever get out of here... Remind me to cook you a delicious meal"

She promised even though she knew that it is quite impossible now, knowing that she had to go back home soon.

"You'll do that?", he replied back with astonishment in his voice, turning to her with a bright smile like a little kid before he too seemed to have the same realization at seeing her sad smile.

"Well then I want a full course meal complete with desert and fine old wine, fit for someone like me", he joked, trying to lighten up the mood with making fun of the promise that they both knew will be left unfulfilled.

Astraea sighed while rolling her eyes at him saying, "Forget it"

"No way! You've already said it", Theo nudged her shoulders, "Dont worry, I'm really not that picky, I'm fine with just burnt egg and toast."

"Is that a challenge?", she nudged him back, raising an eyebrows at him, "I'll have you know that I'm one of the best cook in town"

It must be the thought of leaving soon that made her told him something about herself that not many knew of.

"I even studied cullinary way back college..."

"Really?", Theo asked with complete surprise, "What happened?"

"Coz I knew for a fact that my sister would never study cullinary and you said you two were classmates", he added when she did not answer.

Astraea sighed, remembering the dream that seemed so farfetched to her now. Shrugging, she turn to him with a forced smile, "My parents found out that I have been a double agent and- you get the gist"

"Oh I knew exactly how controlling they could be", he symphatized with her, sighing exasperately, "Mine wont even give me my inheritance unless I settled down"

Wait- Did he just confessed what she think he says?

Astraea's breath hitched at the thought, turning to him quickly, "Is that why your marrying your fiance when you obviously dislike her?"

"What? Dont look at me like that", Theo raised an eyebrow at her, "I know what you're thinking"

He must thought that she is judging him, which she probably is but better not tell him that eh?

"What? Im not saying anything", she tried to deny with a waver on her voice.

"I can see it all over your eyes", he shake his head at her with a slight smile on his handsome face, seemingly not that affected, "But thats okay. I probably deserve it. So no offense taken."

"Hmmm", she only with a shrug, feeling slightly disheartened at his confirmation even when she already had a hint on what was coming.

Maybe because she had already started to get to know quite well and she thought that he is better than that.

But who is she to judge anyway?

"Lets just say that my arrangement thing is the only ticket to the inheritance that I have waited all my whole damn life. I just cant lose it especially now when I had the plans already laid out...", Theo explained further, making her see his intentions, "You see I've been planning to start my own business with the cousin you saw earlier and I'm going to need the money"

"So... its all about the money?", she asked, still hoping that he has another explanation.

"You said you wont judge", Theo called out on her with a pout.

"What? I'm just thinking...", Astraea tried to help enlighten him, "Maybe there is another way?"

"My only other option right now is to ask for help from father", Theo shudder at the thought, "But he probably wont lent me that much money even when hell freezes over"

She understand him to a certain extent. This is not just about money but his dream.

'What about using your savings?', Astraea wanted to ask him but that would give away she was listening earlier to his conversation with his cousin.

Instead, she chose to tell him about what she thought of his actions, giving him some insights at her own beliefs, "Like shouldnt you think about your lifetime happiness? I mean- Marriage is a big thing and money could only give you temporary happiness"

"Doesnt matter eh?", he shrugged, brushing off her advice with a far off look in his eyes, "At the end of the day, we all want the same thing that money and comfort could give us."

"Maybe for some... but not for everyone", she told him with indignation, the conversation hitting too close to home that she couldnt help but really give her opinion, "I, for one would always choose to fight for my own happiness as long as I could"

"Even if that means you'll probably be left with nothing? Like the inheritance gone with the wind?", He asked her, his voice filled with pure curiosity.

"Did you know? Hard-earned success is always worth it.", Astraea replied, telling him one of her principles in life, "No one can beat the feeling of satisfaction knowing that the one thing that you work really hard and strives for, succeed."

Silence filled the air at her speech that she looked up at Theo to find him staring at her quite intensely.

Astraea felt rather awkward, she had to forced out a laugh, saying, "But thats just me so... never mind"

Did she say too much?

Damn.

She could only hope not.

---------------

*Later that day

"Good thing you're already here", The voice that she knew since childhood greeted her the moment she stepped back inside the villa Kiara got her "Astraea Selene"

Just in time.

She thought, already expecting his presence here and she couldnt be more wrong for there, smiling right in front of her is none other than her brother who stood up immediately to greet her.

"Let's go?", Marco said, tipping his head towards her suitcase as she only sighed out loud, somehow thanking her lucky stars that she did not let Theo inside her villa when he dropped her off just earlier after the heavy rain stopped.

Reluctantly, Astraea followed her brother out wishing that she got to say goodbye with her friends first.

"Come on now", her brother started walking towards the door, "We've got a lot of things to talk about"

All she could do is sigh out loud and starts on mentally preparing herself on what was to come for she could be in for either debate or punishment the moment she got back home, whichever comes first.

Damn.

Why does it feels like she is a prisoner being exiled with the way their bodyguards lined up anyway?

Shouldn't they be more discrete cause they arent in their hometown? These black suits and shades really is catching some attention.

She blame it on her brother and his fetish on flashy things.

Now why couldnt they be... she dunno?

Like that man nearby who's back is turned to them, wearing a leather jacket and holding one helmet on his arms while the spare was on the handle, as he sits on top of his motorbike like he was just waiting for a photographer to start his photoshoot session?

Now that would be more cool eh?

Astraea shake her head at her crazy thoughts as she waits for the car when her name was suddenly being called loudly, figure steps in between the bodyguards to reach her side and began to pull her away when one of the men in black tried to stop them.

"Astraea!", It turns out that it was none other than her friends Kiara and Malia, "How can you leave without saying goodbye?"

"What do you two think you were doing?", Marco stopped to see the commotion that instantly halts the duo, seemingly scared by her brothers presence.

"Stop it", she hissed towards her brother and told the bodyguards to let the two go.

"Can we erm-", Malia tried to talk to her brother but immediately stopped when he raised his eyebrows at her that her friend pushed Kiara in front instead.

"Can we talk to Astraea for a second?", Kiara surprisingly looked so calm as she and Marco exchange looks, not one backing down that her brother finally smiled and gave a small nodd. Signaling the bodyguards to leave them some space.

What was that about?

Astraea raised her brows at her friend who immediately looked like she was about to faint the moment her brother turned his back towards them gushing, "Oh my god" over and over again.

"Relax girl", she rolled her eyes at her friend, "I thought you've already gotten over my brother? You've even said my suppose fiance is cute?"

"Dont mind her, moving on is not on her vocabulary but-", Malia shake her head at her friend before the girl surprised her when she suddenly leaps at her and envelope her in a big bear hug, "Girl! I will miss you so much!"

"Me too!", Kiara joins in on their hug and to her surprise the two began crying.

"W-Why are you two crying?", she asked, trying to stop them but seeing theirs only succed to make her cry with them. "Its not like we wont see each other anymore"

"We're sorry", Malia apologized, "We didnt helped you enough"

"Now you're gonna be trapped in that arrange marriage of yours!", Kiara nodded in agreement while the two of them cry on each of her shoulders.

"What kind of friends are we?!", Malia exclaimed with a shake of her head that Astraea smiled at the way her friends were hugging her tight right now, like they dont want to let her go.

"Its okay", she told them, hugging them back just as tight, rubbing their backs which made the two bawl their eyes out more louder, if that was possible that she saw her brother sighed and signalled the bodyguard to give them more space.

Well she couldnt blame Malia and Kiara for they have been her companion for so long now that she understands what they are feeling.

It feels like they were her long lost sisters, the person who she trust who'll always have her back...

And if her arrange marriage with that mafia guy come through, they might not see each other as frequent now as she would like...

"To think that we asked you to do something when yours arent even solved yet", Kiara whispered and pulled away, as she apologized while looking straight to her eye, "I'm sorry we shouldnt have done that"

"About that", she began saying with a slight smile on her face, "Dont worry too much. I'll send you something and we can work on-"

Before she could finish speaking though, a loud sound of motorcycle filled the air and to everyone's surprise, stopped right in front of her.

"So you coming?", The motorbike guy she saw earlier, now wearing his helmet, raised the face shield and revealed himself to her,
"More time to fight for happiness?"

"Theo?" / "Brother?!" / "Levant?!" the three of them exclaimed just as Theo holds the throttle with his right hand, roaring the engine and getting ready to move while offering his left hand to her when they started to gather attention especially from her bodyguards who's now running towards her.

For a second, she and her brother exchange glances, his eyes challenging her if she'd dared disobey orders again.

But this is the first time Astraea felt this kind of happiness and now that she had a little taste, she never wanted it to end.

Begging even for just a little some more...

"Come on", Theo called her again and with little hesitation, she accepts his hand as he quickly pulled her close, sitting and securing her in front of him just as he started the engine.

http://imgur.com/a/fJ3cUXl

"Take care of Selene!"

She heard her friends cheered and she turn back to smile at them when she caught a glimpse of her brother.

To her surprise and astonishment though, Marco raised his hand to signal and stop the bodyguards from chasing them any further.

Her breath hitched and she couldnt help but let out a small laugh mouthing the words, "Thank you"

Her brother only shrugged and then nodded at her before he too let out a small smile.

"Why are you doing this?", Astraea asked Theo after a little while, turning to look at his face as they rode his helicopter away from the island.

"Just sharing my 'running away' expertise of course", he told her with a smile, mischief on his eyes that Astraea rolled her eyes at him, not believing a word.

"No really, I thought of what you said to me in the island and Kiara told me that you're also being forced to get married. I get it now where you're coming from. So... I volunteered helping you out", Theo shrugged like it was no big deal, "At least one of us would get their choice of 'Lifetime Happiness' eh?"

Astraea couldnt stop the forming of the smile on her lips even if she wanted to, looking at Theo with renewed respect as he raised his eyebrows at her before he too smiled and winks at her.

Maybe she's not really wrong about him.

Maybe, his heart is at the right place after all.

------------------------------------------------------
A/N: Surprise! Another chapter eh? Enjoy.

Thank you for reading.