SW switch? Poll Question

Are you ok with the switch if it happens?

• I am ok with a switch to new domain

Votes: 55 32.0%
  • I want to keep the domain the same

Votes: 17 9.9%
  • I am ok with whatever

Votes: 100 58.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
OrientalRiceTown.net
AsianRiceTown.net
RiceTown.net

AsiaVille.net
RiceVille.net

RicePalace.net
SharePalace.net
(we can start as villagers and move our way up into the palace as servents, soilders, guards, princesses, princes, and kings and queens) hehe

AsianFarmVille.net (we can be animals) lolz

Okay sorry I didn't check any of these sorry, I'm in class.

miaka

sarNie Egg
I know this forum by seeing thai drama and i like it ..

I choose to switch to new domain
I hope it will be a smooth swicth

Good Luck

kalek

sarNie Hatchling
The name should change to something for the Thai entertainment.
I been a part of this forum because of the lakorn Sai lo hid, the very first lakorn that brought many of us together to have discussion from pictures to video. I love how many of us stick around the forum and help it grow. It was mainly because of the Thai lakorns/boran and celebrities that have this forum alive.

This forum is unique because many of us are not bias to welcome Chinese, Korean, Hollywood, Bollywood and many more various entertainment into the forum.

a domain name:

ruktainment.com

runbabyrun

sarNie Hatchling
The name should change to something for the Thai entertainment.
I been a part of this forum because of the lakorn Sai lo hid, the very first lakorn that brought many of us together to have discussion from pictures to video. I love how many of us stick around the forum and help it grow. It was mainly because of the Thai lakorns/boran and celebrities that have this forum alive.

This forum is unique because many of us are not bias to welcome Chinese, Korean, Hollywood, Bollywood and many more various entertainment into the forum.

a domain name:

ruktainment.com
I love that. It is so cute. :thumbsup:

rukD2B

Bai Yang [♥] Fong T. Xiong
And Joey, what this all about dedication?? Aren't you suppose to be busy studying?? ;)
My one and only student. You want to reclaim the padawan label??
Oh, didn't you hear? I'm a Chinese major now. HAHA, just kidding. I sort of am, sort of ain't; can't wait to get through all these lame programming classes and on with what I want! >_< My husband wants me to go for my Doctor's, at the very least a Master's. Ain't that sad. But hey, maybe one day, I'll get good enough to where you can hand SW down to me while you live back and forth in Thailand and the US. ;D But I'll try and put forth my best, can't promise you anything!

There's no misunderstanding though, I'm pretty sure that the Thai section will stand out a bit more as always. Think about D-ADDICTS and how they do a bit of everything, but still have Korean stuff as their main category. Same with something like Soompi. We'll be fine. =) Can't wait to see what you have coming, so work hard Tim! =)

Btw, I like WeEatRice.com, but I just hope it's not case-sensitive. That'd suck. But, I'd say, I like ruktainment.com too. Hmm...I'll think of one. =D

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
I have been around for a while now on this forum. I've seen the ups and the downs...good times and bad...but in all honestly its reallie up to you. I fully understand how you feel. I've been in a very similar situation. I do admit the name sarn has stuck and the name sarnies have stuck as well. It would take a long time for the other name to stick. And as some one has already stated, all the new members and a lot of the old ones don't even know the significance of the word/name "sarn" in Sarnworld. But then again, and most importantly you know what the significance of the name/word Sarn is...its reallie up to you...i will continue to support this forum nonetheless....

kalek

sarNie Hatchling
domain name :
ruktainment.com

ruk = 'love' in thai
tainment = come from enter'tainment'

since entertainment also have the word 'ter' in there I though of another one:
ruktertainment.com ( love you entertainment) :heart:

Fujia

sarNie Hatchling
It's painful! We are all the sarNworld fan, but it's this how we betray our sarNworld?
I feel a little sad and I really don't know what to do.
I love Thai Lakorn, and I must thank sarNworld for this.
Why must end like this?
I hope all will be good!
Sorry. but I don't want to choose!

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
^.^ Fujia everything will be exactly the same except our name is changing. Our focus will still and always be Thai Entertainment, but I think the change will help us liven up our other sections also since they have been somewhat quiet for years now with little activity

darvil

sarNie Adult
Oh, didn't you hear? I'm a Chinese major now. HAHA, just kidding. I sort of am, sort of ain't; can't wait to get through all these lame programming classes and on with what I want! >_< My husband wants me to go for my Doctor's, at the very least a Master's. Ain't that sad. But hey, maybe one day, I'll get good enough to where you can hand SW down to me while you live back and forth in Thailand and the US. ;D But I'll try and put forth my best, can't promise you anything!

There's no misunderstanding though, I'm pretty sure that the Thai section will stand out a bit more as always. Think about D-ADDICTS and how they do a bit of everything, but still have Korean stuff as their main category. Same with something like Soompi. We'll be fine. =) Can't wait to see what you have coming, so work hard Tim! =)

Btw, I like WeEatRice.com, but I just hope it's not case-sensitive. That'd suck. But, I'd say, I like ruktainment.com too. Hmm...I'll think of one. =D

Joey.. what a n00b you are.. asking if it was case sensitive. minus one point.

As for your schooling, work on the BS first.. thats going to take some time. You shouldn't go on to do masters and phd unless you're really sure of what you wanna do. Learn some web programmings so you can do some work for the new incarnation of SW ;) That you can put in your profile once you try to get a comp job.

You had some potential in system management.. but I think all that stuff is gone from your head now ;)

Just keep working at it and see how it goes.

darvil

sarNie Adult
Ok, I will look through the names for a final public poll to see which domain we'll go with.

I think the name ruktertainment is a cute name but it won't fit in our "2 words" and "easy to remember" requirement. Someone should snatch it up though ;)

All right we need to move this a bit quicker. I need to know the name so I can get a logo going and then build some templates around it.

I'll post it up sometime in a bit.

Nameless

N i n j a
lol, seriously 'weeatrice'? who came up with that name?!

ricestop or ricepit ? or thericestop or the thericepit

the whole asian thing in the name sounds funky to me. i only like the rice part cause i love my rice.

darvil

sarNie Adult
I like ricestop.com

OK I'm about to start the poll.

Here is what I've come up with so far.

sharerice.net
asianbyte.net
ricebyte.com
asianfuse.net
justaddrice.com
ricestop.com

Throw some more in the mix before we start.

ChenrukNote

Goddess
Not putting it in the list anymore thanks to someone complaining about it! :censor:
i'm just being fair to kalek since his was 3 words and so is weeatrice but yet his gets excluded even though it is far more catchier than weeatrice which sounds like wheat rice and when people spell it they'll probably think it's wheat rice instead of weeatrice. get it? see the confusion? lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.