Thai Stars with perfect english

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
LOL, did someone mention Charm, Lydia and Mr. D yet? Well, Lydia & Charm used to go to my school (ISB) and Mr. D is in my grade :S They all speak fluent English.

haha yeah how can ppl forget them i heard mr d was a total geek not much ppl like him in ISB appently i heard haha from a few of ma friends from there as if u go to skool near ma house :L 555

Liberty

sarNie Adult
I know what you mean.
It depends on the environment they were raised in. Asians are typically live in predominantly Asian neighborhoods and hang out with predominantly Asians speak English a certain way, even if they're Americans/British/Aussie, etc. It's the rhythm.
But if that person is hardly around other Asians outside of family and especially if they're several generations Americans/Brit/Aussie, etc. and speak only English at home, they're going to sound different from those Asians that were raised in a different environment.
My boyfriend is 4th generation Chinese-American and he doesn't speak Chinese, he understands it to a certain extent but he doesn't speak it. His grandpa was born in the states, his grandmother moved to the states when she was a teenager (she was a classical pianist at Jilliard's sister school). Both of his parents speak only English. His mom is a professor at a community college, when she speaks, she sounds like those news anchors on CNN. lol His dad sounds kinda southern.

thanks for the clip...yeah, chai and pitta's english is very good. i have to laugh, though, b/c chai's english is so good that he sounds exactly like an Asian American guy...i don't know how to describe it, but sometimes i can close my eyes, hear a guy speak english, and know he's asian...hehehe...it's not an accent...it's just some kind of speaking quality.

as for pitta, i have to say that i suspect she speaks more english than thai. her thai actually has an english accent. it's like that for me. i speak more english than my other language so when i speak the other one, the sound of certain words is always slightly off.

and lastly, i can't help but comment on how much that clip made me want to watch chai and pitta in this lakorn...they are so cute together...gosh i never thought i'd say this, but i actually can see chai as a leading p'ek...guess he just needed the right n'ek...and she just happens to be pitta...they've got chemistry...gotta look this one up and watch.

juicee

sarNie Elites
i still hear a little accent when janie was singing.

oh, and just because you're mixed or were born somewhere other than in thailand, doesn't necessarily mean that you're english will be perfect.

fun

Expired Sarnie
Just because someone's half white doesn't mean they can speak perfect English.
French people are white (ethnic French not national French) and the entire country of France can't speak perfect English.

English is my first language, I like Mos but I've heard him speak English, wouldn't say it's perfect.
What do you mean by perfect exactly? Like free of grammar problems or free of an accent?
Agree. Mos doesn't have a "perfect" English but it is understandable.

Paul --> sexy and hot English, very clear and free of accent.
Paula --> proper English
Tata --> good English but there is something about her when she speaks that I don't like.
Chai
Araya --> she could speak English but not as natural.
Ann Alicia --> yeah I believe so but not as natural.
Willy --> Super, fluent, fantastic. Love that British accent. Hmm. I am not sure but it sounded British, what lakorn was it, hmm. I can't remember.

Hmmm. That is pretty much the ones I can name. There are others who can speak English, but they ain't all that great. And there are others that I have never heard them speak English.

I can speak English naturally, what I mean is... hmmm... it flows naturally. I don't know how to explain. But when I am nervous my Englsih gets shaky.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I've met people who can write in English really well but when they speak English it's like they barely know language or something.
I've also met Asians who sound American when they say certain words but when they speak more, you can tell that English isn't their first language.
I dated a guy who moved to the US when he was 9 years old and OMG his English is horrible and yet his older sisters can speak English very clearly, with barely a hint of an 'asian accent'.

I know Americans have accents (southern, valley, brooklyn, boston, etc.) too but that's not the kind of accent I'm talking about.
My dad can speak English pretty well but his English is heavily accented so you know it's not his first language and it sometimes sounds like he's pronouncing certain words wrong when really, his mouth just aren't use to forming those words.

Anyway, Kat has an English accent? I didn't know that, does anyone have a video clip?
I have this Vietnamese friend well I am not so sure if its friend but we are not enemies, she is consider smart I guess, I am not so sure but sometimes she pisses me off anyways I am not going to say much about her, but she can really write good essay paper and one of my English teaher assigned us to write a story blah blah blah and she read her, it was quite astonishing. But when she is speaking she has an accent and her grammer is quite out of place. I guess some people are better to express their English on paper than the way they present it. And it is her own writing. I read some of her essays and its her, she didn't copy and paste. LOL

when aum writes it's fob so i wouldn't say he can speak it well. oh yea did anybody mention briohny? i know she long gone lol but she speaks english very well
Well, we can't determine by the way they write. Sometimes I would do the same when chatting or writing. u noe like this. LOL that is not a good example but yeah.

i know cant be true... lakorns r good but sometimes need more this and that...

I don't know but those are just a few examples which are not good ones. LOL. I am not really good at explaining things, maybe that is why I lose when it comes to debating. LOL

ohhhhh and sirita jensen too right? i aint never heard her speak english but her thai sure do have a accent. oh my jeezus i can't believe i forgot ploy cherman. lol dhurrrr she's a rare one. she speak english like a native and thai like a native
I never heard Rita speak English but when I hear her Thai, it sounds out. I am not Thai so I don't know.

Diamend

sarNie Oldmaid
ok so when yah say perfect english we mean fluent right? like they won't have a hard time speaking it. cause dere is no such thing as perfect. i'm fluent in english but my english is a lil ghetto lol it aint perfect but it's clear american. oh my gosh somebody mentioned diana. i forgot bout her. so jealous of her i wanna know how to speak canton

it's strange. i haven't heard many thai stars speak english or i wasn't paying attention. hm.... my mom says chakrit speaks good english though, although i haven't heard him myself.

pete's english sounds pretty good in "tawan tor sang." currently watching this. :D

one of the songs in the triple flavor album is in english i think. i was thinking "whoa. that's good." B)

Muddie Murda

smile...
Agree. Mos doesn't have a "perfect" English but it is understandable.

Paul --> sexy and hot English, very clear and free of accent.
Paula --> proper English
Tata --> good English but there is something about her when she speaks that I don't like.
Chai
Araya --> she could speak English but not as natural.
Ann Alicia --> yeah I believe so but not as natural.
Willy --> Super, fluent, fantastic. Love that British accent. Hmm. I am not sure but it sounded British, what lakorn was it, hmm. I can't remember.

Hmmm. That is pretty much the ones I can name. There are others who can speak English, but they ain't all that great. And there are others that I have never heard them speak English.

I can speak English naturally, what I mean is... hmmm... it flows naturally. I don't know how to explain. But when I am nervous my Englsih gets shaky.
Actually Ann Alicia's English is quite good. Very good. She was on a program talking completly in English about this "camp" or something she helped set up.
It sounded normal to me.

Patty

sarNie Adult
Any clips of Amy Kilnpratom speaking english?

gloria

sarNie Juvenile
i saw this lakorn of chai..he was a professor i believe and he was teaching the class in english..his voice is pretty sexy especially with that british accent..but no doubt he can speak it...sorry, forgot what the lakorn was called...but he sure was speaking english for a while too...

Ana

sarNie Adult
i saw this lakorn of chai..he was a professor i believe and he was teaching the class in english..his voice is pretty sexy especially with that british accent..but no doubt he can speak it...sorry, forgot what the lakorn was called...but he sure was speaking english for a while too...
That was Rissaya. The lakorn star Jop and and Aff too.

lilxgxriah

sarNie Adult
it's cause they speak thai like natives. some people when they're exposed to another language a lot and become fluent they lose touch of da language their parents spoke to them.
haha thats how i am..i can speak perfect english when i need too...but when it's just me and friends or fam..its wat ev...lol i understand a lot of the thai and lao language though, jus cant speak it..sometimes i'm afraid to speak because i'll get made fun of or laughed at for my bad bad accent haha

anyways i found a clip from the beginning of Nang Fah Rai Peek with Andy and Anne...Anne has a really heavy accent..Andy does too, but its a lil better lol...watch from the 3:15 mark..its starts there..only a few lines of english though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZZ0YjLQx7A

superstar

sarNie Egg
I don't think Aum A could speak english that well because when he was on the show at Ten he was singing in English and he had a heavy accent... Yes Chai could speak english well but it sound more like british not American...

neena

sarNie Adult
I don't think Aum A could speak english that well because when he was on the show at Ten he was singing in English and he had a heavy accent... Yes Chai could speak english well but it sound more like british not American...
he was singing in english on that show? hmm...need to go watch it.