can u speak read and write ur race

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
ok so im thai - chinese buh coz i went to international skool all ma life i can speak English buh i was wondering coz most of u are from like US and aussie i was wondering if many of u coz u was born there can speak , read and write ur own race i can thankfully speak read and write thai and chinese buh i aint so good with english spelling haha i also got to learn spanish , french and german for ma finals and dint do too well in spanish or german haha buh i just wanted to see that alll and wondering how u learnt it?

XCappy

Mr. Char
I am Chinese - Cambodian, but I don't speak Khmer (Only know few basics, such as Hello, Thank you ...).

- Chinese Mandarin : speaking, reading, writing (Used to be in a Chinese class on week-ends, has taken Chinese in my 1st year grad. school, will take Chinese for my 2nd year, speak with Mom mostly)

- Chinese Teochew : speaking (speak with Dad mostly)

- French : Was born here.

- English

- German : Learned 5 years.

- Learning Thai at the moment.

rukD2B

Bai Yang [♥] Fong T. Xiong
I don't know my Hmong alphabet. O__O
But I'm practicing a bit of it once in a while. That's not good, but so what. Ha, ha.
  • Took a year of French, I'm good at it - but I forgot most of it. >__<
  • Took three years of Spanish, I'm good at it - but I forgot mosto f it.
  • Still trying to teach myself Thai, but I'm surviving - thank god!
  • Hmong, I can read and write, I just don't know my alphabet.
  • English - it was too easy, have to agree with me, right? ^__^

noungning

Heartless
born and raised in the states.

Primary language spoken is Laotian - only speak, and minor reading

English - read, write, speak

Thai - [picked it up when i was obsessed with some dude] read, write, speak

Italian - [school] - minor reading/writing/speaking

And then i try to pick up some phrases here and there in Khmer & Spanish

vina_lek

states here, too.

english (kind of a given), lao , spanish (7 yrs.), japanese (i like reading mangas), thai (lakorns :) ), vietnamese (only understand)

i want to learn mandarin ch & tagalog. :wub:

Pure Azn

sarNie Hatchling
i am Chinese but cant really read or write it, but i can speak a lil bit of it

also borned and raised in the states

Chinese - Currently going to school to learn, speak, and write

English - read, speak, and write

Japanese - hopefully if i get fluently well with chinese i will learn this next

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
HmMmMmMm....Let meeh seee...

I am Mien
I can speak Mien fluently
Can not write Mien
Can not read Mien...Maybe sound it out a lil...cuzz it's like the french alphabet...like hmongs writing...!

I can speak thai though...can't read and write though...learned it through watching Lakorns!

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
whats Mien? first time i heard of this
i forgot i can speak a bit of laos too :S coz ma mom is issan buh born in bkk haha

buh it really kool that we can all speak all diff languages most of us asians r good with languages :D

Muddie Murda

smile...
Haha Icey, you ain't need to be online and typing the online way if you can't spell English that well. Internet is corrupting your english skills!!

:D Anyways, umm...the language my mom speaks...
I only speak a little of it. I used to be really good, but I'm trying to forget it :D And so far so good.
I can't read or write it, though I can learn it all in a day probably, but I'm not trying and I don't want to learn it.

I can read and write in english! :D But I can't speak lol jk Umm...yeahhh.

I'm learning Thai but it's not going that great... :D I can read it! But I can't write or understand what I'm reading. haha ^__^

jensen

sarNie Fansubber
i was born n raised in France

So i speak, read n write French lol
English : hhmm i use it here with all of u sexy ppl lol
Spanish : 13 years of learning (at school)
Italian : 9 years of italian (at school)
Vietnamese : i'm a beginner, so still learning (it doesn't improve much haha, i'm too lazy n dumb)
Lao : i can read, speak n write it. I learned it at the same time i learned French in kindergarten. My best coach for reading were lao propaganda newspapers (not very nice n very political), but efficient lol
Thai : i can read, speak n write it. I spoke it as my second language after lao, n french was only my third language. I remember when i entered kindergarten, when kiddos were singing french songs, i was singing Bird Thongchai's song (555). Then i learned to write n read it when i was in primary school. My teacher? Thai magazines, so THANK YOU Daraya Papayon lol.

KristyS

Lakorn Obsesser
I'm Mein-Speak, can't write, or read.

Thai-Speak, read and write because of watching Thai lakorns and chatting with Thai people.

Spanish-Speak, read, write

English-Speak, read, write.

For those of you who doesn't know what Mien is, it's just a language mostly mixed with Thai words, chinese, maybe. We don't have a country, we came from Thailand/Lao...Are last names are either Saechao, Saelee, Saephan, Saeturn, etc... The ending parts of our last name is in Chinese, but for some reason, Sae was added... Our Mien names are like Chinese too. Like mine, Leaw.

I don't know chinese, but I'll make a sentence in Mien that has Thai in it...

Yia oye ming hongnam... hongnarm part is in Thai...

untinnu

sarNie Adult
born and raised in the states..

Cambodian: speak, read, and write; learned it at home, father taught me and the neighborhood kids
English: of course...
Thai: speak...and finally reading and writing!!!! I learned from watching thai lakorns and watching karaokes..it was easier than i thought
Spanish: speak, read, and write..took it for two years..
korean: can ONLY understand..sucks...I tried learning how to read and write but don't know where to start...try speaking it..but..it's not that easy
Japanese: can understand and speak a little..forget reading and writing, there's too many...

I'm also trying to learn mandarin..at least understand it..but it's not as easy as the other languages that I've learned...with Mandarin, I have NO idea where to start...

I LOVE learning new/different languages!!!

Cambodian:
Write - Only know how to spell my name.
Read - Somewhat
Language - Somewhat
English - hook on PHONICS!!!

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
thx for explainin kristyS i acturly knew what it was in tha end buh i think ma brain was sleepin like normal haa