[Ch3] Sapai Jao (Broadcastthai)

cecilia

Staff member
Ncmeowmeow35 said:
I like the old version cus of Kong even if his character was annoying in the beginning, i am a fan lol.

I think the two couples will balance because both Lek and Nycha are rising, especially Lek.
I watched it because of him too .. I love him in there despite his rude attitude.  Even thought the character are the same, p'Kong made Chai Rong a bit smarter than Pope (and I like Pope too). 

I thought Chai Lek loves Sa too .. and that abrupt ending where he fell for the sister was not convincing to me either. 

At least on this one, Lek shows more interest in Saline than when he's with Sa ... when he's with Sa in here it feels like 'friendship' to me so I'm rooting for him to be with the sister in this version. I'm still debating about Chai Rong and Sa ... just don't like how blinded Chai Rong is atm ... 

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
I notice they changed how Chai Rong found out about Ying Goy's marriage in this version. In the old version wasn't it Chai Lek who told him?

The thing with Chai Lek and his feelings for Sa, I think at first he was interested in her because he heard Pa Soy and Saarng talking about her and described her personality. This made him interested in her so he went to go see her because one day his family might pressure them two to get married. When he saw her he liked her for being different than most girls and I guess her looks too, but he also had fun with her and developed a friendship with her. The thing is also that Sa wanted to pair him up with her sister because she didn't think Chai Rong was good enough for her sister (and this is before she even finds out that he is Khun Chai Lek). 

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
Yeah in the old version I kind of felt that chai Lek settled for Si but I LOVE the pond scene when she was telling a story with the lotus flower. I felt that he fell for her at that time.

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
Oh my gosh, don't even mention Kamin Gub Poon. I LOVED that version. Talk about perfect casting, EVERYONE was perfect for their roles from the servants, children, aunts, uncles, to grandparents. The acting was AWESOME, too. Man, wonder when they're going to remake that? I want Ch. 7 to and cast Pook, Bo, and Nao in there as the sisters. Haha. Mike can be the one to break and betray Pook's heart again. Lol Then Thanwa can end up with Nao. I cried buckets of tears during and after it aired. It was sooooo sad.

Anyway, I think it was seriously due to lack of screen time between Lek and Si that made it seem like Lek settled for her or that their love wasn't as convincing. However, I totally understand the twist. Lek thought that he would fall for an outgoing girl like Sa but ended up loving her as a friend but fell in love with Si. That's life. You tend to fall for someone totally different from what you've imagined. I just did a marathon this past weekend. There were about 19 one hour long episodes and literally, Lek and Si only met once each episode, in some, none, besides the party scenes. I bet, if I were to cut their scenes, it wouldn't even equal an episode. That's how little screen time they had with one another, so it's no surprise their love felt abrupt or rushed. Lol

I think Lek began realizing that he had feelings for Si when Sa told him how heartbroken she was towards Rong. A lot of people are like that in reality. We don't realize or notice that we like someone until they like someone else. Lol That was like in the middle of the lakorn, so it makes sense to have Lek switch at that point. Plus, I didn't see any over the top feelings from Lek to Sa. They were always good buddies. Plus, if Lek didn't like Si, secretly or unknowingly, why would he worry about her all the time? Or pay her a visit all the time? Or agree to coordinate Rong's marriage house with her? When he didn't have to? He didn't have to at all, actually. And besides, she was his future sister, she was off limits. Anyway, since some of us didn't think the old version was crystal clear, I hope they make this version answer all of the open ended questions from the last one. Lol

Maya_Fantasy

sarNie Oldmaid
aiyaja said:
Oh my gosh, don't even mention Kamin Gub Poon. I LOVED that version. Talk about perfect casting, EVERYONE was perfect for their roles from the servants, children, aunts, uncles, to grandparents. The acting was AWESOME, too. Man, wonder when they're going to remake that? I want Ch. 7 to and cast Pook, Bo, and Nao in there as the sisters. Haha. Mike can be the one to break and betray Pook's heart again. Lol Then Thanwa can end up with Nao. I cried buckets of tears during and after it aired. It was sooooo sad.

Anyway, I think it was seriously due to lack of screen time between Lek and Si that made it seem like Lek settled for her or that their love wasn't as convincing. However, I totally understand the twist. Lek thought that he would fall for an outgoing girl like Sa but ended up loving her as a friend but fell in love with Si. That's life. You tend to fall for someone totally different from what you've imagined. I just did a marathon this past weekend. There were about 19 one hour long episodes and literally, Lek and Si only met once each episode, in some, none, besides the party scenes. I bet, if I were to cut their scenes, it wouldn't even equal an episode. That's how little screen time they had with one another, so it's no surprise their love felt abrupt or rushed. Lol

I think Lek began realizing that he had feelings for Si when Sa told him how heartbroken she was towards Rong. A lot of people are like that in reality. We don't realize or notice that we like someone until they like someone else. Lol That was like in the middle of the lakorn, so it makes sense to have Lek switch at that point. Plus, I didn't see any over the top feelings from Lek to Sa. They were always good buddies. Plus, if Lek didn't like Si, secretly or unknowingly, why would he worry about her all the time? Or pay her a visit all the time? Or agree to coordinate Rong's marriage house with her? When he didn't have to? He didn't have to at all, actually. And besides, she was his future sister, she was off limits. Anyway, since some of us didn't think the old version was crystal clear, I hope they make this version answer all of the open ended questions from the last one. Lol

WOW aiyaja you've analyzed the lakorn so beautifully and perfectly.  :thumbsup:   I kind of forgot most of the storyline or the names of the characters, but now I can totally see the whole story flashing back. :yes:  Thank you.

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
^You're welcome. Hehe.

All this Kamin Gub Poon talk made me search through YouTube for the OST. Omg! The song is just so sad and perfect. I can't find it in ITunes. Anyone else? I've been buying a lot of Thai OST on iTunes lately just because I lost A LOT of my media files ever since my external hard drive crashed and burned and I can't recover it. Ugh. I'm so happy, I finally found a clear and good version of Dew's song he sang for his ghost lakorn with Fang in Exact. Lol Prior, I only had a recorded fuzzy version. Haha. iTunes keeps it for me no matter where I go.

In some scenes, Lek made it obvious that he liked Si like when he woke up in the middle of night just thinking about her. Lol That was when she stepped up her game and started showing some skin. Haha. Then at the party, every time she trailed off for some alone time, he found her all the time and joined her. Even in those story telling scenes, it was Lek who went looking for Si in her garden. Wasn't it considered unproper to have a guy come visit you especially in a palace with high respect and prestige? He didn't care. Their love story was developed slower and more subtle than Rong and Sa's but it was visibly there nonetheless. Lol

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
Omg Kamin Gub Boon was such a tragic love story. I hummed the song every so often because I'm an oldie lol. I didn't pay attention to the younger sister story because I was too distraught over the older one. I love both version I saw, the one with Kob Songsit and the one with Johnny E. I like the ending of Johnny's version better because it shows her coming back from her insanity and him loving her again while Kob's version ended with her seem to wake up from her insanity and him just tolerating being with her cus of responsibility. Yes I would so love ch7 to remake it but it has to be with their best production cus that is a classic that you can't mess up!

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
The only version I was old enough to watch and fully understand was Joy Siriluk's. Lol She was awesome in there. I never really liked Joy, but to be honest, I have to admit, she's a great actress. Too bad her career dimmed out due to conflicts with the power of bees.

I remember bits and pieces of the one prior but not enough. I was too young to be into that serious of a lakorn. Hehe.

I would like to see Pook take the challenge but then it's another tragic role, so people may think it's redundant. Lol

They have to be full Thai looking, so from Ch. 7, I say, Pook, Bo, Nao, heck, even Min and Baifern. I want to see how good the new generation of actresses are. When the older generation were their ages, they already took on challenging roles and won critically acclaimed recognition and applause for their talent. Let's put the new generation to the test.

If Ch. 3 happens to remake it again...tougher choices since everyone is mixed. Lol Please, no Taew, though. Lol No one comes to mind. Haha.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
I feel like rewatching Kamin Gub Poon now. Maybe on my downtime while I wait for the current lakorns I'm watching to air. I think if Joy S stayed a little more modest then she was then her career would have been shining, she was a great actress it is way tooo bad that it was cut short. I think Joy has a show or sitcom or something with Oil right now, but not sure. 

meenia

sarNie Adult
Lol, i'm so different from everyone.  I'm actually more interested in Chai Rong and Sa more than Chai lek and Si.  Even with Kong's verison, i fall in love with Kong and Vicki.  I don't remember much about Aom and Tookta.  It must be because i like a tomboy/feisty kind of nang'ek. I don't really mind how they start with Chai Rong's character.  As of right now, he's a man in love. He can't help it that the woman he love is a gold digger/@#%^^$. He's really sweet toward everyone, but nang'ek and her sis( just because she doesn't express her feeling or is so much like a doll that only know how to say "yes" plus he still is in love with his girlfriend to really care about any other girl). 

Pope playing as Chai Rong is kind of cute.  He's so cute when he's crying over his girlfriend.  When this man loves i guess he really loves.  It's the girlfriend that doesn't know how to treasure him. I just can't wait to see more of Chai Rong and Sa.  I can't wait to see him fall for her, stare at her like she's the most beautiful girl he have ever seen and then say "yes, she's the one." with the cutest Pope smile he can pull.  LOL. 

Chai Lek and Si is a bonus to me in this lakorn.  It's nice to see Si find love and to a man of her choice and not the aunt/grandma (even through it wouldn't have matter to them who she pick as long as it's one of the Jao).  Then again, it's because of the aunt/grandma that brought all of them together.

lanycassie

sarNie Hatchling
This is getting interesting now especially last night ep ....both couples are really cute and funny :D

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
It is going to get interesting soon! After that party that Ying Goy reporter friend has and Ying Goy kisses her ex husband in front of everyone and Chai Rong I think that that is whenever he kind of realizes she isn't worth it anymore (I sorta remember this from the old version not sure if they will incorporate that here). I think he also started to fall for Sa shortly after his fight with Ying Goy because I remember he was having lunch with his friend and his friend went, "Are things between you and Ying Goy better now? You seem much more happy." (They were still fighting, and this is when he started to get close to Sarin taking her home and etc).