SW switch? Poll Question

Are you ok with the switch if it happens?

• I am ok with a switch to new domain

Votes: 55 32.0%
  • I want to keep the domain the same

Votes: 17 9.9%
  • I am ok with whatever

Votes: 100 58.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
I like sarnworld but I believe there should at least be a little more regulations with the name calling going around....people take it too serious when state their opinion and I think that should be stop in the future domain because it is giving sarnworld a bad name....
Members can help stop that if they wanted to ja. All that is required is to report it to a mod corresponding to that section or any mod. I've seen a few mods stop name calling where required, but because mods don't read every thread it is harder to know if something is happening. So if you feel like the context is getting to offensive feel free to report it to a mod ja =D and they can determine what needs to be done.

Edit Lol Posted the Same Time

this comes with restructuring and moderation.

obviously we can't prevent someone from stating their opinions, this is a free speech country, however if it's impacting anyone very negatively, anything on this board should be reported. i understand that currently there is pretty much an inactive modding team, but if something is bothering you, you should report it and have it looked at.

our rules, terms & conditions as a member will probably be reevaluated. ultimately we do want our members to be happy because we want everyone to come back and help us grow ;)
This to

cecilia

Staff member
^I noticed a lot in the FILM thread because things got heated in there but then later read it again and see that members are swaying away from calling each other names. I see lots of finger pointing and have try to tell everyone to restrain from using these terms b/c there are better way to express one opinion without stepping low. I guess I'm at fault for not being too restrict at times.

ANYWAY, it seems I'm the only one who like to read Darv's long letter -- must be the fan-fiction habit lol

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
Think about the positive aspects lol we can start inventing new names to call ourselves. Ricey's, Ricers, Rice Krispies, etc lol.... We can change the post titles to the thing that says "hatchling" "adult" and etc ... LOL we can be like "Rice Grain" Then Rice Roots, Rice Stems, Rice Plant, Full Grown Rice, Completely Blossomed Rice, etc .... Ouuuuuuuuu

Or ... like Raw Ricey, Cooking Ricey, Cooked Ricey, Stale Ricey, Burnt Ricey LOL

I know there is a high attachment and long train of memories for those that have been around since the beginning, but everything will remember the same we are just changing our name to be more universal to all Asian Entertainment. We can always keep the focus Thai, but wouldn't it be cool if our other forums were active too? Don't think of it as the end of sarnworld think of it as what Namie said a step into the next grade. The name is also easier to remember and it is extremely catchy! It'll be so easy to remember the name "Sharerice" I think it also represents the forum as a whole. We are sharing rice with one another figuratively speaking ^.^
Awesome Idea, I love the names, very creative and fun too. lolz. When you say Ricers,it makes me think about cars lolz.
The more we discuss about this name change idea, the more I am liking the idea.
Darv you've got us all brainstorming in here. lolz

fun

Expired Sarnie
I'm tagging along, be it Sarnworld or Sharerice since I don't like the other...I-will-not-mention-the-other-English-lakorn-and-stuff-forum's-name.
hahaha there is only two at the moment.

im not too sure if i like sharerice... it is too board. soompi you know i dont even know the history of how they came up with that name but i think it had to be associated with korean something lol... sharekao lol but it isnt as nice as sharerice... but im okay with changes. it doesnt bother me as long as i still get to post.

i dont know but what about the bad reputation sw has been receiving? someone care to explain to me... if not here, a pm would be nice. or is it just the FA thread? there was only 2-3 person who attacked one another there with the name calling. i simply ignored it because i didnt want to stir up problems but i did to a lot of posting in that thread.

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma

im not too sure if i like sharerice... it is too board. soompi you know i dont even know the history of how they came up with that name but i think it had to be associated with korean something lol... sharekao lol but it isnt as nice as sharerice... but im okay with changes. it doesnt bother me as long as i still get to post.

i dont know but what about the bad reputation sw has been receiving? someone care to explain to me... if not here, a pm would be nice. or is it just the FA thread? there was only 2-3 person who attacked one another there with the name calling. i simply ignored it because i didnt want to stir up problems but i did to a lot of posting in that thread.
I think the bad reputation is Sarn not getting lakorn orders to customers

cecilia

Staff member

I heard from sister (pink_is) that it was originated from a person name soomp or something like that .. so yup, just like sarnworld originate from sarn ^^

mokka

sarNie Adult
I'm ok with whatever... I'm a silent member who sometimes post and sometimes don't post. But yeah... I'm ok with whatever...

noungning

Heartless
I'm fine with whatever as long as it still serves the same purpose.
you are right on point :thumbsup:

it's going to serve the same purpose. but we want to grow and expand with more stuff. get more active users, get proactive with ALL of the sections we have.

SW currently have many many sections, but there are some individuals that do not know it even exists! example: did you know we have a chat? and it's been around forever but NO ONE uses it!! :lol2:

i do agree that sharerice is a lame name because it was used for a music site before so it should be something new and fresh but darvil is LAME and lacks creativity... whoops, okay getting too personal :blush:

aznsao9

Ky the Star
@cecilia, actually i wouldn't mind reading it.
i've been used to reading fanfics and writing a lot myself.

anyways, for me, i'm really only at three to four places within the forum... and i don't know, i think it's because i'm not interested with the others or i don't have anything as of yet to do there. even at soompi, i'm only at three to forum sections out of the whole thing. xD

but yeah, Ricers... *if anyone wants to care to know about* is a term for wannabe car racers that deck their rides all gaudy and "wannabe" like... well that's what my bros told me, they used to race and yeah. ^^''

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Lol I don't think the car thing would be such a big deal I mean even when you say "Ricey" people use it to describe a car "That car is so ricey." ... I don't think we should worry about that seeing as we aren't a car forum. But I do think that Ricey would be better then Ricer LOL

Bou

sarNie Adult
hello,I havent been on sarnworld for a while...I am ok with what will happen next to the forum..

Kelly

I've been around for so long, since the beginning of sarn when there were just a few active members and a diff. server and I gotta say this forum had been great during my active years/not so active years lol but if it has to change for the better I'm down! What ever u admins agree on as long as I still can get the info/sources/entertainment I need frm here I'll be smiling!

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
you are right on point :thumbsup:

it's going to serve the same purpose. but we want to grow and expand with more stuff. get more active users, get proactive with ALL of the sections we have.

SW currently have many many sections, but there are some individuals that do not know it even exists! example: did you know we have a chat? and it's been around forever but NO ONE uses it!! :lol2:

i do agree that sharerice is a lame name because it was used for a music site before so it should be something new and fresh but darvil is LAME and lacks creativity... whoops, okay getting too personal :blush:
Haha...I used to be in the chat room too. Now when I do go in, no ones in there so then I just leave.

Kkrystal

สุภาพบุรุษจุฑาเทพ
Change it to DarvilWorld aka "DW" maybe we'll get more guys in the forum!

I understand his point of view about sarnworld, the name itself. It's not really the forum but the bad vibe about her reputation which co-exit with her name. It's long story!

Darvil has alot more project on mind and is planning to bring them fwd but he feels the vibe will not fix itself and might hinder people from comiting to his new plan. So he wants something of his own I believe. He's slowly starting them already Like the music forum. If you haven't read or knew about it. Here's the link.

http://www.sarnworld.com/discuzz/forum/198-musicsarnworldcom-forum/

PS.
Sarn comes from the khmer word "SokSarn" which means peace. Lolz we had our peaceful moment but we also had our non peaceful moments. Ahahah the oldies sarnies should remember!

Status
Not open for further replies.