[Ch7] Nam Sor Sai (DaraVDO) : Kob Suvanant / Num Sornram

sarN

sarNie Granny
Oh, why that lakorn , it look boring w/ family drama nooooooooOO I can list several old lakorn to remake that have spicy storyline now.CH 7

Jacy

sarNie Hatchling
Kob and Tui?? I thought it was a joke and i read somewhere that they will reunite again... But it seems that it was true.. Kob is back now... Maybe she will star another rating breaker lakorn again...

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
This is like Plerng Boon without the revenge. The pranang is a married couple whose marriage begins to fall apart due to nek's uptight way of living. She's very career driven and perfect in every aspect. However, she's so focused on other things that she forgets to focus on her husband's wants and needs. Her husband then has an affair with her friend after she becomes a widow. The two had feelings for each other in the past but it never progressed towards anything more. So during a time of loneliness, both became each other's companion and comfort. What started off innocent ignited an old flame that eventually led to an affair. Kob will probably play nek Wannaree, Tui is pek Peem, and Yui is Poodkrong. Again, Tui will be playing a cheating husband 3 times in a row. This is based off the synopsis I read on Pantip. Correct me if I'm wrong.

And Kob said in an interview 3 years ago that she'll only play roles that interest her and are suitable for her since she's married. She fits the role in here, it just won't be fun. If she accepts something like Noon in that lakorn with Kong Karoon, they'll say she's too old to play it.

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
Cheer and Amy's decisions were justified. They were under promoted. I think Amy fits supporting. She's nek now at Ch.8. I dont tune into that channel so I feel indifferent about her move. It sucks to be in the shadows of your husband. As for Cheer, she was typecasted into tom boy roles so I never saw her potential. Great choice for her to broaden her horizons. Although Pan ruled Ch.7 almost a decade ago, she fell off her throne. She served her time. However, Mai's choice I felt was a wrong move. Plus, it's betrayal. She hasn't been there long. After her and Mario's movie success, the girl forgot what gratitude meant. After Nang Chada ended, she had like 7 months left on her contract that she did not fulfill. Plus, Aum no longer has a contract with Ch.7. They have no one to push but her. She could've been the queen there but she let that opportunity slip. Good luck being freelance in your 30s. I dont think she'll be as in demand. But if she had built a legacy at Ch.7, she will always have work like Aum. Just my thought.

rockateur

sarNie Hatchling
Your synopsis is right Mahalo. What a coincidence that a few days ago, I was going through all my old VHS tapes and stumbled upon the original lakorn version with Saranyu, Nok Sinjai and Preeyanuch and was thinking when are the elders going to finalize this remake? DaraVDO announced their intention of remaking it 3-4 years ago where Kob and Nune were linked to it at that time. Kob said that she feels the need to be selective because she is also a mother and doesn't want to to portray any characters that wouldn't be suitable for her own kids to watch which is understandable. Even if she wanted to challenge herself with a non-prim and proper role, her mother in law would be the first to protest lol. I've never cared about lakorns involving cheating husbands but the older version was good because Saranyu and Preeynauch had really good chemistry. You could feel the sexual tension between them and Preeyanuch as always gave a phenomenal performance. She has that way of exuding so much elegance on screen. 

As for Channel 7 being agitated over their former actresses, I can only understand Mai Davika's case. Her fans like to defend her saying that she has the right to move and gain more experience elsewhere and no one is faulting her with wanting to expand her wings. The problem relies on the fact that she was disloyal to Channel 7. Even before Nang Chada finished wrapping up, she was offered 5-6 lakorns, 3 of them were with Porshe yet both Mai and her manager rejected all of them. They were more focused on filling Mai's queues with events because that gains them fast money in greater quantities. Aside from that one charity event, Mai has never bothered to attend or take part in any Channel 7 concerts or events. Whenever being interviewed, she never really bothered to sincerely thank the elders unless the reporters say that she's the #1 nang aek aside from Aum Patchrapa. She would always say, if the elders really see me that way then I'm very thankful lol. She didn't even bother to wish Channel 7 a HBD but she congratulated GTH, claiming that they're like a part of her family. That's like a stab in the heart for Channel 7 elders who all adored her and promoted her over their other actresses. Aside from Min Pechaya and maybe Pookook and Bow Maylada, Mai doesn't have that much competition within Channel 7 so it's not like they neglected her or treated her poorly. She had her own spot that no one could touch. Even in her earlier days when she had those scandals like leaked kissing pictures with a supporting actor, with Dome, Mario, Guzjung, Channel 7 still had her back and gave her work and allowed her the freedom to only do one lakorn so she can open up her shop and accept all those magazines and events. No matter which way you look at it, Mai is seen as an ungrateful child. This is not the first time she's shown a lack of gratitude towards those who have done so much for her as evident in her case with former manager A Supachai. I don't think she cares what people see of her. Her real passion has always been with modelling and events so being a freelance gives her the flexibility and time for the other things she wants so even if she doesn't get stable workload in terms of lakorns, it wouldn't matter to her. In the back of my mind, I think Mai has always been a little bitter because she originally wanted to debut with Channel 3 but back then, A Supachai sent Nadech and Mark to Channel 7 and wanted to save Mai for Channel 3. However, Khun Daeng only wanted them to be evening praeks so A brought them to Channel 3 and switched Mai to Channel 7 in order to remain on good terms with Khun Daeng for future purposes. 

saki

sarNie Adult
I had no idea Mai was like that :( I'm not familiar with her but she's really pretty though, I guess she makes good eye candy.

That said, glad to see Kob back! I don't think she's aged much actually she still looks pretty young :D but this role seems suitable for her since she's already matured. It's not the kind of lakorn I'd watch (hate the cheating) but i'm glad that she has this lined up it's great to see older actresses get lakorns too.

cast

sarNie Egg
wow I didnt know Mai was like that either. I think it's still too early for her to become freelance.
Anyway glad Kob's back :dance1:

Sweet_09

❤All that you are is all that I'll ever need❤
Kob back! Gosh all her fans will be super duper happy!  Actress these day do not have what a veteran actresses have back in the old day. Excited for her return on screen.

OMG! I didn't realized that ch.7 have already lost that many actress...maybe because i do not follow them as much as i followed ch.3 but dang that a bummer for them...I realized that the only n'ek that is still in ch.7 that i like/follow is Kwan & Min lol! Hope they get more n'ek or maybe they should learn how to promote their n'ek correctly lol! Such as they still have Baifern, Nao and Sammy...

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
They say don't bite the hands that feed you. She had done so twice. Not a very good quality to have. Hope it doesn't come back to bite her back one day.

And stories like these are sad but happen everyday. I know a couple like this. It's painful to be in that situation.  

DaoRisa

Love has nothing to do with bodies.
Kob is back! Not sure if she still catch my attention as she used to....

rockateur

sarNie Hatchling
That's just a small portion about Mai and her behavior/work ethics. Make it thrice since she was also ungrateful to Helen who introduced her to A Supachai in the first place lol. She's a gorgeous gal and probably one of the best models within her generation with some potential to be a good actress but a pretty face can only get you so far in life. This reminds me of a saying/lecture from a popular, Hong Kong singer from the 80's Jenny Tseng.

"As an artist, politeness is a fundamental rule. If you lack self-cultivation, your talents will not go far. As an artist, do not forget your origins. Modesty is a virtue. Happiness is being yourself. On stage, you are an artist; behind stage you are an ordinary person like everyone else. Never bite the hands that feed you. This is how you become a successful artist." It's okay though. Let Mai enjoy her moment of fame and diva behavior while it lasts. As for Kob, many fans would be over the moon if she really makes a comeback. I was just rewatching some scenes of Dao Prasook yesterday and was reminded of how well Kob played those youthful, innocent yet prideful nang aek roles. No other could portray it like she does and now that Channel 7 is also planning to remake it, I can't see anyone fit for the part. Maybe Now even though I think it's going to Bow Maylada >.< Anyways, sorry for being OT! 

Jacy

sarNie Hatchling
Off topic but other than Dao prasook what is other lakorn that kob had starred?? I only watch 2 that it dao prasook and Silamanee.. Do you have any other suggestion..

rockateur

sarNie Hatchling
Hmm Kob has starred in many good lakorns but these are my particular favorites. Sai Lohid, Payong, Luk Mai Klai Ton, Tawan Tor Saeng and Taddao Bussaya. Of the bunch, I highly recommend Luk Mai Klai Ton. 

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
Jacy said:
Off topic but other than Dao prasook what is other lakorn that kob had starred?? I only watch 2 that it dao prasook and Silamanee.. Do you have any other suggestion..
I would recommend Ruk Gurn Pikad Kaen. It's my favorite lakorn of Kob's. :)